It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Anonymous will fail..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's simple really, they have no leader. No one to stand behind. Coming from someone who used to believe in what Anonymous was doing was right, they're just a bunch of wanna-bes. Life isn't like "V for Vendetta" people. If you want to get something done get off your rear end, stop being scared and do something. If you're going to have an organization, you need a leader. You need structure. Something Anonymous doesn't have. I left because I got tired of hearing everything about being peaceful. Really they're just cowards hiding behind computers and Guy Fawkes masks just because they think it's cool and "In" to rebel. Anonymous is on the verge of failing people, there's no doubt about that.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

If we were really an advanced culture, we wouldnt need leaders anyways...

Plus Anonymous is just an idea, not any specific person

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
People who "need leaders" are just followers. No one needs a leader unless you are incapable of doing for yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

Having a horizontal vs. a tree hierarchy does not mean you can't have direction. Democracy, the real kind, is one solution.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And that's another thing. What's up with this idea crap. Grow a pair and call it what it is, an loose organization!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
And yet they are able to punish people that think that they are above the law, in a way that everyone was always wishing individually that they could do to these ptb, to punish them...

I would say they have been highly successfull and they should continue to do what they are doing, because up till now, noone has been able to do a damn thing except complain..

Think of anonymous as "the people's' police"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You don't really "join" anonymous in the first place. And there's nothing to really leave either.

They don't need to stand behind anyone, that's the point. What exactly do they "wannabe"? Some of the later people that joined could be called such, like with any fad where people will congregate once something is established.

Anonymous isn't something that can really "fail", what is it to begin with?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
it does seem loosely formed, but their is more stability and honesty in that group then any government and that in itself says something

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its very simple....if they shut down facebook Nov. 5th as they said they would do they pass, if not........

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
And that's another thing. What's up with this idea crap. Grow a pair and call it what it is, an loose organization!

Merriam-Webster defines this idea crap you speak of as....
i·de·a Noun/īˈdēə/
1. A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action: "the idea of linking pay to performance".
2. A concept or mental impression.

So apparently, free thoughts or ideas are crap/stupid to you?
Grow a pair and use your brain for your self for once in your life, stop letting others fill your head with ideas or thoughts.

Also, A(not an) loose organization that you mention is intended for a reason, taking out a small group of people doesn't bring it all toppling down.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
It's simple really, they have no leader. No one to stand behind. Coming from someone who used to believe in what Anonymous was doing was right, they're just a bunch of wanna-bes. Life isn't like "V for Vendetta" people. If you want to get something done get off your rear end, stop being scared and do something. If you're going to have an organization, you need a leader. You need structure. Something Anonymous doesn't have. I left because I got tired of hearing everything about being peaceful. Really they're just cowards hiding behind computers and Guy Fawkes masks just because they think it's cool and "In" to rebel. Anonymous is on the verge of failing people, there's no doubt about that.

You obviously do not understand Anonymous. Anonymous operates with under the Hive Mind mentality (A Collective consciousness if you will). For this you need no leadership or structure. They stand behind the people. You said "If you want to get something done get off your rear end, stop being scared and do something." I think they did have a problem and now they are doing something about it. As I said in another post about Anon I do not agree 100% with everything that they have done, but then again there are many different sects within Anonymous (e.g. LULZ). They are a need force in today's world and will help make organisations accountable for their actions (e.g. BART and NYPD)

Having said all that I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this subject.
edit on 29-9-2011 by FreeThePeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You call them crap...
But what have you done to "Stick it to the man"?????????
probably not a dam thing. (dam as in blocks water)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

I don't think it's a great idea to challenge the group as they have proven their abilities time and time again. They are good at what they do for sure. Obviously it's not just one group with a set roster or one guy in his basement so sometimes members stray from the general agenda. I don't think it's a bunch of arrogant people hiding behind computers either. I understand a lot of their reasoning as for why they are attacking certain targets but I think they differ from some of the previous righteous hacking groups and individuals who fought for the general public in history by neglecting the fact that in doing their attacks/delivering their message they are cutting off services/disrupting the people they are righteously defending/speaking out for. Quite a bit of personal information has been released after some of their attacks which I assume was done by rogue members but if it wasn't then it seems like an oxymoron to their explained reasoning for the attacks. Not every single person who works for a company, government agency or website is a horrible person that deserves all of their personal information released to the internet. Their intentions are seemingly good, they are extremely talented and maybe they just think the message is more important than the people affected by the delivery of the message which is sometimes true when dealing with any powerful message.

link   
reply to post by alienreality

It's unfourtante that they act a lot like the people they say they are against and in most cases they act worse.

Anons are trolls that have seen a massive surge of moral fags who think anon is the peoples movment.
edit on 29-9-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

link   
As long as there are one or more that communicate on an emotionally charged level, there is a leader, just not professed. A leader doesn't need to say, "I'm the leader" to be a leader. In any group or organization, it isn't always the boss that has the most power. Look for ones that seek the most attention.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

It's unfourtante that they act a lot like the people they say they are against and in most cases they act worse.

Well, I guess that anonymous can thank our many officials and leaders for setting such a fine example for us all to aspire to..

The leaders that commit all these wrongs do not respect the people they are supposed to represent, so the only thing left is to do to them, as they do to us..

Doing the same to them is the only thing that works against them (somewhat), and still they do not repent, but contunue to misuse and abuse their authority every single day..
edit on 29-9-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

"They" actually can't fail. Having no leader ensures this.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThePeople

this person sums this up perfectly.
anon HAS done something. they've made impact on those whom they've targeted.
you can't stop an organic voice of action like this, and it's beautiful.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know for one thing this post will fail...Your thread should of had better sources.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

People in power do tend to put the info of people they don't like online and encourge other people to harrases them

An eye for an eye is not the way forward.

"The leaders that commit all these wrongs do not respect the people they are supposed to represent, so the only thing left is to do to them, as they do to us.."

Yep because releasing ordinary peoples info is sticking it to the man.

Hacking epilepsy support boards = sticking it to the man?
Harassing the family of a kid who committed suicide = sticking it to the man?

Way back during the HBgary crap anons were talking of using the same program that HBgary were working on for mass spamming sock puppets, I think that is working well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join