It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was no political tsunami for Israel after all

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

There was no political tsunami for Israel after all

www.haaretz.com

It turns out that the tsunami predicted to hit Israel in the month of September went the way of so many other predictions that have been made about the Middle East in recent years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You have to be pretty naive and dumb to think Israel hasn't suffered a 'political tsunami'. They're isolated now more then ever, and they're dragging their last ally down with them into the dark void.

Israel lost its main ally in the middle East, Turkey.

Israels embassy in Jordan AND Egypt were raided by protesters.

Egyptians are calling for an end to the Israel-Egypt peace agreement.

US & EU condemns Israel for building 1,100 new homes in E. Jerusalem.

The US is getting more frustrated at Israel because of the fact we ourselves are becoming more isolated because of our die-hard religious-like commitment for Israel. I never heard of a nation that's been so committed to another nations security more then their own.

Social leaders in Israel are threatening and already planning to start protests again.

And lastly, the Palestinians went to the UN for statehood.

You're telling me that's not a political tsunami?

And the story snippet just shows some peoples naivety.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If they want to attack Israel then they can expect
to have a full on nuclear war with the U.S involved.

Enough said... The Palestine's are always going to cause *political tsunami's*
on Israel, they will never like them and the people who dislike Israel will always dislike them.

Turkey is not suicidal that's why there not going to touch Israel.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertarianExpress

Part of me wonders if it has anything to do with the no Israeli / Jews (we dont need to rehash that argument) comments and the no recognitiong of Israel stance.

If a country puts it on the line and supports a Palestinian state, and it becomes reality, only to see that state go to war because of hamas, it would be embarrasing to say the least.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's not over until it's over.
And all this isn't over.
But the fat lady is beginning to warm up her vocal chords as she stands in the wing, off stage.

I just can't see what's happening in South Western Asia to continue on for, well, for forever.

Something will surely break and all hell will let loose.

Cliches over with.
edit on 29-9-2011 by kyred because: Cuz I had a brain fart.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Part of me wonders if it has anything to do with the no Israeli / Jews (we dont need to rehash that argument) comments and the no recognitiong of Israel stance.

If a country puts it on the line and supports a Palestinian state, and it becomes reality, only to see that state go to war because of hamas, it would be embarrasing to say the least.

You continually blame Palestine and especially Hamas but NEVER mention the continued illegal settlements..

What's your view on Israel announcing 1100 new homes plus schools and an industrial zone??

Don't you think that shows Israel's disinterest in a peaceful settlement??

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The more we see the less we know.
Underground catacombs could see the Israeli population see out an Atomic war whilst the goyem are wiped out.
Or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Would be a long wait underground...

Hmmm, good idea..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You continually blame Palestine and especially Hamas but NEVER mention the continued illegal settlements..

Palestine is not recognized as a sovereign nation. They, therefor, do not have borders and the territory they occupy is considered unclaimed. Israel is free to set up shop there as they will.

What's your view on Israel announcing 1100 new homes plus schools and an industrial zone??

Sounds like 1,100 new families and an industrial sector to do something productive. Which is more than can be said for the area it is slated to be built in.

Don't you think that shows Israel's disinterest in a peaceful settlement??

I think it shows that Israel is going to look out for Israel first. Perhaps Hamas and the Palestinians can quit being a bunch of royal douche bags and, perhaps, work out an agreement with Israel to allow them to work in said industrial sector - or otherwise participate in ways that don't involve being little piss-ants about everything.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Aim64C because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
The more we see the less we know.
Underground catacombs could see the Israeli population see out an Atomic war whilst the goyem are wiped out.
Or not.

Pfffff! They would be right at home with all the other creepy crawlies that live on their bellies.
Secondline.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

How many times have I said on ATS for as long as I can recall that Israel can handle any political "tsunami" whether that be national or internationally.

Don't underestimate that tiny little country; when SHTF....they know how to stick together.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

How many times have I said on ATS for as long as I can recall that Israel can handle any political "tsunami" whether that be national or internationally.

Don't underestimate that tiny little country; when SHTF....they know how to stick together.

Because they just do as they please and say "screw you" to anyone that questions them..

Only question is, how long will the world put up with them??

Even their "threat" of nuclear war will only work for so long..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I think these days people are quick to write what they want you to beleive, whether or not it has any foundation in reality. That is the wonderful thing about the internet. People can say prety much anything, and their readers take it all in, because it is what they want to beleive, becasue it matcher their personal feelings, and thus bolsters their good feelings about themselves.

We also see a lot of degrading talk. I guess it is easier to hate and oppress and supres people if you have been trained to think of them as little better than insects. I have seen it time and again.

And then we get excuses about how terribly these people live - when their conditions are a direct result of the oppression being aimed at them by the very same people who are complaining about them in the first place.

If both parties wanted a solution we wold have a solution by now. Shame.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Aim64C

Another joker..

The settlements are called Illegal by pretty much everyone but Israel..

And how can the Palestinians build anything descent when Israel doesn't allow in building materials and they would just bomb the buildings anyway..

We have enough Israeli trolls already..

hey blackie,

does that include some pali's?

does any settlements include them?

wait! don't answer that.

i can see it in my minds eye.

i guess you are promoting some kind of segregation?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

2nd line

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
why are pali's more important than say, sudan or somalia?

or tibetians or some other ungodly place?

what gives them more news than any other crappy place?

from ats, that is.

are the jews involved in their genocide and occupation?

wow, seems like israel is a super power the way you all talk. running rampant around the world like the US, RUSSIA or CHINA! spreading the talmud and occupying countries 1000's of miles away from home base.

genocide this and warmonger that, wow. the pali's have to replenish their stock somehow somewhere.

as far as i know the pali's are still there and doing fine. maybe not prada yet, but soon and they have a zoo. lol!!

i suggest you all rethink your positions.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

2nd line

figures, went over the head, eh?

no worries mate!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

reply to post by fooks

2nd line

figures, went over the head, eh?

no worries mate!

Yeah mate..
We ain't all as smarts as you.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by backinblack

Decent as in two new shopping malls in as many years, 18 new schools, some hospitals and water treatment facilities…oh, and new homes?

Because if you Google it, you can find these thing in just the last year.

As for the settlements, under what law are they illegal?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join