It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Hours Sleep In 70+ Hours,The Same Life Ending Dream for 7 Days Straight

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

Originally posted by randomname
this is what you do. wear a life jacket, a snorkel, flippers and a dive mask. sleep in full gear.

after a week, or sooner, you should feel ridiculous and sleep normally.

haha well played...not to make fun of the op or anything but this did make me laugh....
good luck with your dreams mate.

Made me laugh too. Now i'm seriously thinking of trying it.I have all of it for camping and the beach. What have I got to lose?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I also am a bit skeptical of your claims, although I am not saying with any certainty that you are not telling the truth. The reasons I say this include the fact that you mentioned your dreams occur immediately, or within an hour, after falling asleep.

Vivid dreams like this occur in REM sleep, when a person's neurons are firing in a state similar to that of being awake. This does not happen within an hour of falling asleep. I suggest getting a polysomnogram test done during a sleep study, which is very common.

If this really is happening to you, and these dreams are occurring during NREM sleep, or you are entering REM sleep that quickly, then there is a sleep disorder most likely to blame. The other reason I became skeptical was because of something you mentioned about ATS. When I first started reading I did believe what you were saying...until I read that. I am sure some of you can find what I am talking about.

If I am wrong I apologize...But something isn't right here, although like I said, it could be a sleep disorder. My spidey-senses however are telling me something doesn't sound right here.

The part about tomorrow on this site, was because the 2 threads I read about the world coming to an end both said it would end the day after I posted this thread. I don't buy into all that 2012 is the end of the world stuff. I never question a persons skeptisium? It is a healthy inner source and reflects a person's own personal protection for whatever reason.
When I am in this dream, I am as real as your are right now reading this post.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I don't know when or how fast a person reaches rem sleep and have never heard of the other one. I am exhuasted. The last 2 times I fell asleep it was in my family room on the couch with the tv on and one of my kids watching the red sox game. OH #. There it is, the RED SOCKS LOST, my dream died
. Now I can go to sleep.

Man I needed that

edit on 30-9-2011 by IJUSTAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

No. I haven't really gone to bed yet. Both times I slept it was a short exhuasted passed out. I don't like the cirus stuff, because I grew up with real circus, but I do have somethings that are funny as all get out and I am thinking about the melatonin. I haven't researched it yet. I dont drink but 1 cup of coffe in the morning and I drink water or apple juice all day. Sometimes I might have a pepsi. I don't watch much tv, never in my room. I read sometimes before bed. But I haven't done that in months. I stay busy all day so when I hit the bed, I'm usually happy and comfi and ready for sleep.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Fifty and fabulous. 40 was a good age also; but fifty is a better time because you sort of feel,"Man I have been alive a half century., actually was looking forward to 100.

This is what I mean by reading minds sometimes; especially my children. Some people are just so open you dont have to physically see them. I know where your going with that question. 25 was the milestone age for me. Not quite where I wanted to be and getting there seem to be taking too long.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chriz00

Believe me "I" have done that. I have asked in every manner of way of question I could think of. The funny thing is (after I ask a little voice in my head says and I quote Time will tell).

I know this dream has something to do with time and thats about all I know.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
After reading your dream, I was reminded of a similar one I had last month. When I had it I was so struck by it, that I actually wrote it down right after I woke up, and even recorded the date and approximate time it occurred.

Here is the dream I had on August 11th, 2011 between about 9 and 9:30 A.M. (I apologize for its length, but it sure was interesting!) -----

I was talking with an old coworker as we walked through a park that had a lot of construction going on. We passed by a one of those food vendor trucks that was selling smoothies, and I got a wristband that kept changing colors between blue and green.

The park had a lot of people playing all sorts of different sports, and it was a pretty nice day. I kept running into people that I haven't seen in a long time. One of them asked me for some sort of juice or milk that was in my car, and I realized I had an empty plastic cup that I could pour it in and give it to him.

When I walked up to my car I was joined by a girl (who I felt like I knew in my dream, but I have no idea who it is in real life) and saw a man breaking into my car trying to steal the plastic cup. He exclaimed that he planned to be gone by the time I got there, and we exchanged harsh words before I finally got the cup back.

I returned to the sports field where my friend had originally asked for the cup, but he was gone. Again, I ran into a bunch of other people that I knew.

After talking with them for a bit, the sky began doing crazy things, and at one point looked like twirling red flames. They then turned to white and gray, and sped up as if I was watching a time lapse video. Suddenly a dense fogged moved in from the distance REALLY fast. This startled all of us, and we ran under some sort of structure for protection. From this structure, you could see out into the distance for what seemed to be thousands of miles

Suddenly the sky was consumed by thick black clouds,and it appeared that the earth had been twisted around so that it appeared that there were buildings sticking out of the clouds above us. I looked up at this spire of a building sticking down from the clouds and it had flames shooting from the tip of it.

At this point, everyone was mesmerized, and asking what was going on. Then, one by one, the buildings sticking out from the clouds above us started falling towards "the ground" attached to massive clumps of dirt, almost like they had roots (picture a giant uprooted tree). 3 or 4 of them fell and produced a MASSIVE explosion when they hit the ground. They looked like atom bombs going off far in the distance, but in your mind you know the explosions only look smaller because you are far away.

When the last building fell and exploded, the fireball turned into a face, then vanished. There was a collective "gasp" from the crowd of people in the structure, and then everyone began to yell. I didn't recognize the face, but then someone yelled it was "Joseph from the Bible". As soon as this was exclaimed, people began praying frantically, including me. I simply kept repeating "Please Jesus", over and over really fast.

Then I looked up, and saw that the spire of the building we were under was slowly tipping over on top of us, and I woke up...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Tonite when I go to bed I am going to tell myself, "self, you are going to have this dream. You know you are. You are not going to be afraid, you are going to be stronger than you have ever been in your life. You never run away from problems and you won't start now. You will see this damn dream through and you will (and I stop right there because I feel like there is something more I need to say but don't know what). I have been telling myself this all day.
I really want to thank every one for your thoughts. I kinda felt foolish posting here, then I said what do you got to lose. Dignity? Ha! I almost wet the bed it scared me so much. Pride go before the fall. I figure it can't hurt. I believe most people in this world are good and go thru their own stuff as well. Everybody handles things in their own way and some things people should never handle alone, like fear and love and joy and lost. We'll see what happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

That's as close to the feeling I have as I have seen from any other dream post. Fear, but insted of saying Jesus Please, it's Oh God. God what's happening. It's like I expecting him to litterally answer me. I know he is there,but don't see him, more just feel him. I think that is why I wake up. The plane crashes right in front of me and BAM the fear is so great and the shock is so real that it's like Oh God get me out of here.

Damn! I JUST REALIZED THAT. That's exactly what I feel. I ask god instantainiously, Get me out of here. I just remembered that. Is that normal? I know that's why I leave the dream. I don't know how I know but I do. WOW!
Oh God that is some serious #. I feel like I am saying God is in my dream and gets me out when I get close to dying. You know what I mean. I have heard that when people are in car accidents and are about to be seriously hurt, their soul leaves their body so as not to feel the pain. They don't die, they stay there and then when paramedics arrive or restart their heart they come back into their body. I didn't really think of it as factual but I can see it happening. To me in my dream.
Oh man, I just remembered something. Someone here said revelation was my dream. I have to look something up.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

This might sound strange but I'll tell you what your experiencing. Your experiencing your own death. And the events leading up to said event. You should let the full dream play out fully, no matter how scarry it seems to you.

Reason for my explaination.

Years ago my dad told me of a dream he kept having when he would go lay down on the couch, always the same dream and it scared him to a point he would always wake up before it was concluded. But he would remeber many of the aspects of the dream.

In his dream hes paralyzed laying on his back, he can't move he can't speak, a figure wearing all white approaches his side and gives him something. He can hear her voice , he also can see another person to his left which has been talking for hours, a soothing voice. He wakes up..

When My dad told me this dream, I didn;t think much about it till the event happened.
On my dad 86th birthday 2008 he died in the local hospital. And before he passed he turned to me, which I had been there for hours talking to him, soothing him as his organs began to shut down. He said..."Your the man in my dream" Then he died. I looked around and there by the bed was the nurse all in white. And it clicked.
My dad had dreamed his own death.

Death is only the beginning, do not fear it.
Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
reply to post by IJUSTAM

This might sound strange but I'll tell you what your experiencing. Your experiencing your own death. And the events leading up to said event. You should let the full dream play out fully, no matter how scarry it seems to you.

Reason for my explaination.

Years ago my dad told me of a dream he kept having when he would go lay down on the couch, always the same dream and it scared him to a point he would always wake up before it was concluded. But he would remeber many of the aspects of the dream.

In his dream hes paralyzed laying on his back, he can't move he can't speak, a figure wearing all white approaches his side and gives him something. He can hear her voice , he also can see another person to his left which has been talking for hours, a soothing voice. He wakes up..

When My dad told me this dream, I didn;t think much about it till the event happened.
On my dad 86th birthday 2008 he died in the local hospital. And before he passed he turned to me, which I had been there for hours talking to him, soothing him as his organs began to shut down. He said..."Your the man in my dream" Then he died. I looked around and there by the bed was the nurse all in white. And it clicked.
My dad had dreamed his own death.

Death is only the beginning, do not fear it.
Hope that helps

Jesus help me, I just went to look something up and when I got back to post it I saw your post.
I believe you and this is why:

My family was not very religious growing up, believed in god; but never really talked about it. When I was sixteen my sister (Pentecostal), told me about God and Jesus. She told me about being somewhere one day and people just disappeared. She asked me if I wanted to go to heaven and if I wanted to be saved. She said a simple pray with me repeating her and afterwards told me I was saved and never had to worry about mans hell again. I just went on with my life. I was a good kid, good in school and had goals. I just accepted that what she knew was true because she always went to church, she loved me as much as my mother and she was scared that I would go to hell because of a damn dream she had. Oh my god. She saw my mother, my sister and I all hanging in gold cages in hells waiting room, waiting to be judged. It scared the piss out of her. She cried after I was saved. I remember reading the bible she gave me afterwards (took me forever); but I remember something about revelations. I never pointed it out to anyone because she was really the only one interested and she had moved away. I just let it slip away as” time” went on. Man this is freaking me out. I just went and looked it up. You are not going to believe this. I caught this when I was about 17.

Revelations: first the seals, then trumpets, then bowls. I don’t know why this stood out; and I don’t know why I even figured it out; but the last line of each one if put into a single sentence says this:

SILENCE in HEAVEN for about half an hour, Lightning, thunder, earthquakes and the believers who obey God's word, the remnant, will be taken, It is done.

In my dream it is quiet until I go into the building, the world seems to be tearing apart, sky crazy and flashing with burst of light; but Silent, then once in the building people are screaming “It’s Time, It’s Time”, then the plane crashes and I wake up. Then if I go back to sleep I go right to hearing "It's Time" , and I think to myself , Oh god get me out of here. I wake up.

Right now I feel the same fear level I do in the dream. I know I am going to die in the dream. It is the pivotal turning point that wakes me up. It is telling me it's time to die.
But why are all the other people there? Some are already dead. Everyone is scared. I have to take a break, I have a really bad feeling. I have to do something else.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Calm down. If it is the end, why fear? The whole point of Christianity is that your end is not THE end, and there's supposed to be hope on the other side. This fear of Transition comes across as if your belonging to him means absolutely nothing.

And I don't mean the fear in the dream. I mean the fear you bring out of it. I will bother with a "normal" translation, so you can have something else to check this against. Give me some time...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
WOW! That's deep. I think we are the people. People you don't really know; but have a connection to. I think that's why you don't see your children. They won't be with you. The sence is because that's what you were told when you accepted jesus as your savior. Revelations and being saved. You have been saved and god will welcome you with open arms when your time comes. Maybe your dream is a message for you to remember that and not that you are going to die. You may have a higher calling and this may be his way of letting you know It's Time To Help Him Gather His Flock. I am going to keep you in my prays and wish all the best to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Dear Lord:

Please hear our prayers in unison as we lift up IJUSTAM to you for rest and healing. We place her before you to cast out all evil and fear that may be hindering her ability to see your true message. Place your arms around her for protection and peace and remind her that you are with her always and has no reason to fear. We ask that you heal her mind, her soul and her body to full restoration in order that she may continue to fulfill your purpose for her life. Fill her with peace, comfort and love in your name.

Amen.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Dear Lord:

Please hear our prayers in unison as we lift up IJUSTAM to you for rest and healing. We place her before you to cast out all evil and fear that may be hindering her ability to see your true message. Place your arms around her for protection and peace and remind her that you are with her always and has no reason to fear. We ask that you heal her mind, her soul and her body to full restoration in order that she may continue to fulfill your purpose for her life. Fill her with peace, comfort and love in your name.

Amen.

2ND THAT, AMEN

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Flooding:
Sometimes its sexual urges, but:

If the flood is raging, then there are emotional concerns or problems that need to be dealt with. You have hidden your feelings and they are overwhelming you. The location of the flood can relate to the area of your life that is creating anxiety. This dream may also suggest that you are overwhelming other people with your strong ideas and orders.
To dream about floods ravaging a large area and bearing down on you represents illness, failure in business, or a terrible situation within your relationship or marriage.

Torrent
To dream of a torrent represents a startling dilemma.

Tsunami
To dream of a tsunami signals you're being easily overwhelmed by unresolved feelings. You may be experiencing sadness and emotional stress in your waking life.
Drowning
To dream that you are drowning suggests that your feelings are pressing down too hard on you and that something you buried long ago is awakening. You could be moving too fast if you are attempting to dig into your subconscious. Slow down. If you drown and die, this represents a passionate rejuvenation. If you survive, then a relationship you are having trouble in will make it through.

To dream about someone else drowning indicates that you are investing too much in some situation that you cannot control. This dream may also indicate that you have lost your individuality. You can't tell the difference between the different personas you wear.

To dream about rescuing someone from drowning suggests that you have dealt with some feelings and attributes that are represented by the person drowning.
So, flooding can mean a whole lot of things much deeper than sex.

Earthquakes:

To dream of an earthquake indicates that you are going through a major shift in your life. Your structural support is 'shaking.' This dream signifies your uncertainty, anxieties, and a feeling of being out of control. If you dream that you find shelter from the earthquake, then you will succeed in rising above these difficulties. If you become trapped, then you will lose what you have worked so hard for.

Starfall:

Stars
To dream of stars represents destiny, energy, and chance. It also implies that you want prosperity and recognition.
Shooting Star
To dream of a shooting star symbolizes satisfaction and progression. A shooting star is also an indication of a baby's arrival or transformation.

From experience, anything to do with babies has to do with projects, things I'm invested in.

Darkness
To dream that darkness comes upon you indicates defeat in a project that you might try. Darkness is symbolic of incomprehension, the unconscious, malice, death, and concerns about the unknown.
(…)
To dream that you can't find someone in the dark suggests that your anger needs to be reigned in and controlled. You allow you feelings to get the best of you.

To dream that you are lost in the darkness indicates a sense of despair, sadness, or uncertainty.

To dream that you are groping in the darkness signifies that you do not have enough knowledge about a particular topic to form a valid decision. Dig into the topic and don't make snap decisions.

Night
To dream of night denotes serious difficulty and hurdles in achieving your real life goals. There are still gray areas about some issues affecting your life. You have to put aside your prejudice and objectively look at the circumstances when you tackle these issues.

Black
To see the color of black in your dream represents disapproval in a person or situation. It also stands for darkness, isolation, and unimportance. Black can also symbolize concealment, dishonesty, or the end of life.

Explosions:

To dream about explosions represents a loss or something negative in business. You could also be burying feelings, especially deep anger, that should be dealt with before they destroy aspects of your life.

Plane Crashes

Airplane
To see an airplane in your dream signifies your ability to solve problems, conquer hardships, and elevate yourself to a higher position of importance.
(...)
To dream that a plane crashes indicates that you need to reassess your strategies in order to achieve your objectives. Your current methods are not proving successful. Your targets are unrealistic and unattainable. In addition, the crashing airplane may reflect doubt that you will be able to reach your ambitions. You are hesitant and unsure of your ability to achieve success.

Looking for kids, to save them? :

Lost
If someone else is lost in your dream, it points to conflict, unresolved issues, and ill-feelings you possess for that lost person. Consider also that the lost person might be mirroring lost aspects in your personality. Try to relive and recognize those significant parts of your personality.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
2:

To dream of children implies your desire to return to a more innocent time when you were not burdened by problems or troubles of the adult world. You want to enjoy life and be free of responsibilities and obligations. Perhaps there are goals that you regret not being able to achieve. You should allow this child to develop and see if there is some aspect of your life that needs to flourish. (…)
To save a child represents your fear of losing some inner aspect of your personality or character.

Screaming:

Scream
To dream that you are screaming indicates that you are harboring unreleased fury and terror deep inside. You are expressing these feelings through your dreams.

Running
To dream that you are running away from someone suggests that you are attempting to elude a certain situation. You refuse to admit accountability for something you have done. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or other danger, then it implies that you are reluctant to confront hardship and obstacles.

Dead:

Dead
To dream of the dead warns that you could be surrounded by too many negative individuals, and that you are staying in touch with the wrong people. You could lose things because of this. This dream may also be a way to help you deal with the loss of certain people.
Corpse
To dream of a corpse signifies an attribute or quality that you no longer possess. It may indicate that you have trouble communicating your emotions. Perhaps you are unable to get in touch with those feelings.

End of the world:

Armageddon
To dream about Armageddon indicates that you are suffering from depression. You are unable to manage important aspects of your life. This dream may be the result of deep turmoil and inner conflict.
Apocalypse
To dream of the apocalypse indicates an inner conflict or struggle that you are experiencing. The dream may also signify a personality change. You might be choosing to follow a different path in life.

End
To dream of an end to something suggests that you have completed a task or fulfilled an ambition. This dream also conveys that your troubles are fading. This dream may also be suggesting that you have a decision to make. An end usually indicates the start of something else.

smoke

Smoke
To dream of smoke forewarns of upcoming hardships and obstacles. Perhaps you are worrying excessively or are perplexed by a situation or issue. You need to gain more understanding about a situation.

Nukes:

Atomic Bomb
To dream of an explosion represents the liberation of negative and destructive feelings that were once hidden deep in the psyche. This eruption can become dangerous if no other proposed solution has proved to be successful. Seeing the explosion of an atomic bomb and it's threat of radioactivity can be an indication of a sickness brought on by refusing to deal with these emotions of rage and ire.
Nuclear Bomb
To dream about a nuclear bomb implies sentiments of defenselessness, susceptibility, and loss of power. This may also represent a state of immense opposition and wrath leading to extreme destruction.

On the other hand, dreaming of a nuclear bomb may be an overt need to remove an aspect of you. This may also symbolize a conclusion to something cherished and important, and foretells of significant turnout of events that may unfold.

Building:

Building
To dream of a building symbolizes your physical being. Your state of comprehension is indicated by which floor of the building you are on. If you are in the lower levels of the building, the dream reflects your base desires, sexual wants and needs.

To see a ruined or damaged building implies that you need to tackle a problem or issue in a different method. Your current system is proving to be unsuccessful. You must make major alterations. Perhaps your ego has been damaged.
(…)
Room
To dream that you are in a room relates to a particular aspect of your personality or relationship with people. Dreams about different rooms may correlate to subconscious thoughts, desires, and facets of your identity.
Shock:

Shock
To dream that you receive a shock symbolizes your abrupt comprehension of a situation.
Afraid
To dream that you are afraid of a certain affair indicates that your family may experience difficulty or a loss of business.

If others are afraid within your dream, this indicates that a friend may be too concerned with self-interest to assist you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Wall:

Walls
To dream of walls indicates that you have obstacles in your path. You options are somewhat limited. You, or some external force, are blocking your progress. This may be as simple as self-limitation due to relying on old patterns and ways of thinking.

When you dream of yourself jumping over a wall, it foreshadows a solution to your obstacles. You will soon remove the barrier in front of you.

When you dream that you have broken down a wall, it is a subconscious memory of a childhood trauma or an indication that a current relationship is souring. It may also be an indication that you have realized there are boundaries in your life and that you are comfortable with them.

When you see yourself hiding behind a wall, your subconscious is showing you that you are ashamed of yourself, your behaviors, or of friends or family.

If you are thrown at a wall, it is an indication that it is time to find a way to remove the walls that are limiting you. Consider finding a way to explore your surroundings and possible solutions to your waking life problems.

Die
To dream that you die in your dream represents current internal alterations, changes, or growth. These dreams can conjure up a sense of anxiousness and alarm, and it is often labeled as something positive. These dreams signify that drastic adjustments within your life are coming. You are heading into new realms and possibilities and walking away from your past. Death can be viewed as a transformation, a way out of old habits.

On a darker note, dreams of death could also signify that you are involved in difficult circumstances or actions. You could be feeling trapped or isolated by a situation. You might know someone who is suffering a terminal illness. You could also be attempting to avoid a certain obligation.

To dream about someone else dying suggests that you no longer have feelings for that person. The dynamics of your relationship with that person could be changing. You could also wish to change the part of you that is similar to the dying person.

It is Time!

Time
To dream about time reflects concerns about dealing with anxiety and apprehension.

To dream that there isn't enough time symbolizes worry and concern. It could literally mean that you are facing a deadline to get something completed.
Late
To dream that you are late suggests apprehension for change in your life. It also indicates your ambivalence about conquering opportunities in real life situations.

To dream that you are tardy projects your feelings of unworthiness. It also means you get a sense that people do not support your participation in an endeavor; perhaps they do not see that you are mature enough to handle the problem. Moreover, you may be overwhelmed or hesitant about certain choices you should make that will affect your future.

Source: Here

------------

The part of lost I forgot:

To dream that you are lost symbolizes losing a sense of direction in your actual life. You might have been distracted and threading a path which takes you far away from your original goals. You are anxious and insecure with the result of events.

edit on 30-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Read a couple post above yours, she had a really eye opening experience. She could really be having a death premonition.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Read a couple post above yours, she had a really eye opening experience. She could really be having a death premonition.
I know, and I'm not discounting that. I'm talking about making sure it isn't something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join