It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Science article from 1936 "How Will The World End?"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

NASA was established by the National Aeronautics and Space Act on July 29, 1958

i've now said this twice, read the thread =/ nasa didn't exist at the time it was discovered, there was perhaps some failure to document the original discovery.

ed: OR, its a different asteroid altogether.
edit on 29/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname

NASA was established by the National Aeronautics and Space Act on July 29, 1958

i've now said this twice, read the thread =/ nasa didn't exist at the time it was discovered, there was perhaps some failure to document the original discovery.

ed: OR, its a different asteroid altogether.
edit on 29/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)
what does nasa existing or not existing in 1936 have to do? with the fact that a 1936 article about the asteroid anteros........then in another linked fact, it says that the asteroid anteros was discovered in 1973 ???......and they don't double name asteroids,planets or moons
edit on 29-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It is interesting to note that they're talking about Nibiru in 1936, exactly 40 years before Zecharia Sitchin published "The 12th Planet". If the Elite knew this back then, it makes you wonder what else they know...

The debunkers must be avoiding this thread like cancer!

edit on 29-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Here is the planetoid that passed month's before!!!

I like how they depict the planetoid as a large rock made of big, chunky pieces. Since we have so much more experience with various kinds of moons and asteroids now, we know that it was probably a lot smoother, round or maybe potato shaped, light colored, and covered with a variety of craters including one relatively large one.

Other than the Anteros sports car rebuild, though, there isn't much on the Internet about it. Unless the reference is actually to the asteroid Eros.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Signals

It is interesting to note that they're talking about Nibiru in 1936, exactly 40 years before Zecharia Sitchin published "The 12th Planet". If the Elite knew this back then, it makes you wonder what else they know...

exactly and have known for a long time...we should definitely look around and dig a little deeper into more of these science magazines from the 1920's,30'and 40's. like time, life, popular science, popular mechanics and others. because they were published and released to the public back in the days before the government started to tighten their screws down on what information could and could'nt be published...but we might not like what we find out...?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by vjr1113
we'll kill ourselves before the sun or anything cosmic does. sad really.
it's true,war after war after war after war.don't we have anything better to do?!?! and while we are busy killing eachother off and driving beautiful animals into extinction.something's gonna come along and give humanity a very rude awakening....we all know it's true...

and what's really sad is that all the time,effort and money we spend on ways to divide and conqueor each other could and should have been spent on creating defenses to save us from the inevitable cosmic disaster...

so ultimately we probably deserve it.because we refuse to put love before genocide and war...

Carl Sagan tried to explain the pointlessness of our posturings when he was alive. He recommended an image be taken of the earth from voyager when earth no longer had any distinguishable features and just looked like a pale blue dot. He wanted people to look at this image of an insignificant dot and think about this(only part of what he said), "The aggregate of our joy and suffering thousands of confident religions ideologies and economic doctrines every hunter and forager every hero and coward every creator and destroyer of civilization every king and peasant every young couple in love every mother and father hopeful child inventor and explorer every teacher of morals every corrupt politician every "superstar " every "supreme leader " every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

More notably in reply to this post directly is this part of his "speech", "The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds."

If anyone is interested search youtube or google for "pale blue dot" to see the full quote.

Sorry to post the same text as my signature on here, if it's not alright then I accept the removal of my reply but I feel that it's relevant.

The video:

edit on 28-9-2011 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

Actually the movie Horton Hears a Who explains it really well and everyone can understand!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is awesome thanks for digging it up.

Old magazines like this are always good reads.

I really like the writing and the topic. The author presents the topic in an exiting and informative manner, is well spoken and does the subject justice. Sorry I can't really add more, other than that.

Old 1930's mags before WW2 happened... that's good stuff right there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

There is 1943 Anteros.

link 1

link 2

1943 Anteros (1973 EC) is an Amor asteroid discovered on March 13, 1973 by Gibson, J. at El Leoncito.

Doesn't seem to be the same one as mentioned in the 36' article. I wonder how to find out what it's modern name is. I'll keep looking.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think that was before they had naming conventions. There might be multiple called by that name. That was at a time when they laughed at the theories about Continental Drift and thought Dinosaurs were cold blooded, slow witted beasts.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

I'm unable to find any mention of Niburu? Please post it?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It's other name is Adonis.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The name "Nibiru" was only coined by Sitchin in his book in 1976. Obviously scientists called "Nibiru" with a different name back in 1936. Nibiru has various different names even today - Planet X, The Destroyer, Red Kachini...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I love the old PS mags.

the new ones? meh. mindless crap.

In the old days, they had plans for DIY that were amazing. Hand built "Hi-Fi" AM radios, building a water pump (back then they were useful) from a discarded model T engine.

People back then could do anything thing with a good idea, some parts, and a few common tools.

Its seems now they could also destroy the world in miniature

The small planet thing? Thats interesting!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

reply to post by Signals

I'm unable to find any mention of Niburu? Please post it?

Read the article.

They don't mention Nibiru , but the do mention another sun like star in this solar system. This article could be fake IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Great post...I love this magazine...and I love posts that pull up old school issues like this...
nice job and thx for the post

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

reply to post by Signals

exactly and have known for a long time...we should definitely look around and dig a little deeper into more of these science magazines from the 1920's,30'and 40's. like time, life, popular science, popular mechanics and others. because they were published and released to the public back in the days before the government started to tighten their screws down on what information could and could'nt be published...but we might not like what we find out...?
nowadays, what information that gets published for the mainstream publics consumption.is first put under the truth censors microscopes.in the past,1920' and 30's especially,that just was'nt the case...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Signals

Took the words right out of my mouth. I do believe Sitchin does bend the truth a bit, and made up a lot of his story, but i still feel it hold some truth.

Also... Gaylord Johnson...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
26 failed end of the world predictions,1936-1990 > www.religioustolerance.org...
edit on 30-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

GREAT find - cool info. Thank you!

...I'm wondering why they even let that info out back then. I doubt it would be published today.

S&F&

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Signals

GREAT find - cool info. Thank you!

...I'm wondering why they even let that info out back then. I doubt it would be published today.

S&F&
in the pre roswell days,the government did not clamp down on our freedom of the press/speech as much as they do now and the government had'nt yet been infiltrated by aliens...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join