It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You'd Be Surprised On How Much We All Have In Common

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In a world of individuality and separation it can easily be assumed that we all are different. It may seem that way at first glance but look again. We all have times when we hate ourselves, moments we are happy, moments we cry, moments we wished never happened. We all go on parallel paths and say they are different but they all going heading in the same direction and they all have the same destination. We all are trying to find a way to attain or discover love in some way shape or form. A spiritual person may think he or she sees reality different than say a christian but if you look past the images of beliefs you will find the images represent the same thing. When we call someone a hypocrite, have we ever been one ourselves? If we call someone a loser, have we not felt like one ourselves? If we think we are better/worth more than others, is it because we have once felt worthless? Don't we all feel the same things at one time or another?

I understand not everyone will agree with this but in my opinion when we break down our walls and defenses we are all seeking the same things, we just don't always know how to find what we seek.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Humans all share the same emotions. we create the differences we have in society, which is good. we need to debate and share our own opinions. but like the quantum world, when you break it down, we are all the same.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Well said, Ralphy. I think it's also important to realize that this doesn't only apply in the US, or other western countries - people are people.

Sure, some social and cultural pressures apply...but strip all that away and we truly are one family. It kills me to see so many demonize entire nations and cultures because of media or leadership marketing, without realizing that so many people in these counties love, lose, win and rejoice just like we do over so many of the same things.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the "Golden Rule" there Ralphy.

Nicely felt.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I understand not everyone will agree with this but in my opinion when we break down our walls and defenses we are all seeking the same things

I've been dinged more than a few times figuring that out...what some consider trash, others consider treasure.

This site has always had a plethora of perceptions, but to experience them first-hand can't be beat...

Great OP and keep on keepin' Ralphy...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You're unique, just like everyone else.

considering we are all human, even our diverse cultures cant change that.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

We also contain all the genetic codes of the universe. This amazingly diverse planet is the prime example of that. If you think things are infinitely expanding outward, try going within...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

You're different! Just like everybody else...

Even ideas are not unique to one and only one person, usually. There's always one other person out there who is like you, someone with the same ideals, views and beliefs. The only thing separating you from someone else, would be geographical location i guess. You can't occupy the same space

One thing I won't do: Guilt people into seeing things my way. People must be persuaded by sound reasoning and deductive proof, not sappy heartfelt stories and finger pointing at those deemed immoral or wrong. Because after all, what is wrong?

I can see now why people would do things like alter their body in minor to extreme ways, and why improvement of the human body appeals so much to me and others: we are all so alike, that it bothers us. It bothers us that we have limitations, that we are weak like (people you may view as weaker in some way, physically or mentally)
We spend our lives trying to become smarter. stronger, better than others. And then we die. I would like that to change.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Conspiritron9000 because: added text

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiritron9000
reply to post by Ralphy

You're different! Just like everybody else...

Even ideas are not unique to one and only one person, usually. There's always one other person out there who is like you, someone with the same ideals, views and beliefs. The only thing separating you from someone else, would be geographical location i guess. You can't occupy the same space

One thing I won't do: Guilt people into seeing things my way. People must be persuaded by sound reasoning and deductive proof, not sappy heartfelt stories and finger pointing at those deemed immoral or wrong. Because after all, what is wrong?

I can see now why people would do things like alter their body in minor to extreme ways, and why improvement of the human body appeals so much to me and others: we are all so alike, that it bothers us. It bothers us that we have limitations, that we are weak like (people you may view as weaker in some way, physically or mentally)
We spend our lives trying to become smarter. stronger, better than others. And then we die. I would like that to change.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Conspiritron9000 because: added text

I can appreciate where you are coming from. I should of been maybe a little more clear in my post about this. My goal of pointing out our similarities was so that we can show mercy and compassion to our fellow man. To see ourselves in another person, I don't mean that we are physically that other person.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Right. I think people forget this hidden side of people. People try very hard to hide whatever is bothering them. There is an episode of Buffy where she can read everyone's minds. She never felt cool in high school, and she always felt like she was going through all these problems. But once she could read people's minds, she was overwhelmed. Everyone around her had doubts and insecurities. They were afraid or worried. Later she meets a boy who wants to kill himself. She stops him by telling him that everyone around him is going through a hard time. He can't see it though. He thinks everyone is having fun, and everyone ignores him. But it's not that they are ignoring him. They're just so busy worrying about their own problems.

We do have a lot in common. We all have worries and troubles. When we are ignorant of that fact, we are quicker to judge. We are quicker to be angry. If a woman talks to us rudely, we immediately cast her off as a *****. But what if her husband just died, and that's why she seemed rude. We don't know. What we do know is that people need to be loved. That's pretty much it. We all have that in common.

new topics

top topics

join