It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make a tinfoil wallet to match your hat - well-dressed conspiracy theorist coordinated outfit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
OK, ha. I was looking up what a Faraday cage on Wikipedia was to avoid EMP's and eventually came to this site: howto.wired.com...

Make a Faraday Cage Wallet You already have your tin foil hat, and you're pretty sure no one can find you on the Google.

However, there's one detail you may not have thought of, and that's those pesky RFID chips.

RFID tags identifying who and -- gasp! —- where you are can be found in passports, ATM cards, credit cards and some state-issued ID cards. The same technology will possibly even be used in paper money in the near future.

With the right equipment, these chips can be read from afar by data snoops or your friendly government official. A Faraday cage is sufficient for blocking such eavesdropping.

Here's how to hide yourself from both the baddies and The Man.

I also learned that microwave ovens are also essentially a Faraday cage - so I guess you could always put your cell phone in your oven to protect it from an EMP. But you might cause your own headlines if you forgot you put it there and accidently turned it on...!

I think the duct tape is really groovin'
edit on 28-9-2011 by ovumcranium because: title not fitting!

edit on 28-9-2011 by ovumcranium because: still trying!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Everyone knows, microwave ovens are for frying all your RFID stuff.

When a TV is on the fritz back before cable, we use to use tin foil to get better reception.
WHY would anyone want to put tin foil on their skulls... to get a better reception from the GWEN tower broadcasts?

"stay asleep..... asleep........sleep......"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

lol so true, people need concrete hats, thats what seems to mess up my internet connection.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

Ohhh the first thing I thought of was black books.. lmao

Leather bound pounds to go with my Wallet...

You know though, a tin foil wallet is not a bad idea in this day and age when people with smart phones and funky dongles can scan your bank cards as they walk by.

I'm glad the smart chip in my debit card appears to always never work, so scammy buggers will be left as poor as I if they try.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Everyone knows, microwave ovens are for frying all your RFID stuff.

When a TV is on the fritz back before cable, we use to use tin foil to get better reception.
WHY would anyone want to put tin foil on their skulls... to get a better reception from the GWEN tower broadcasts?

"stay asleep..... asleep........sleep......"

I tend to think I'll agree with the guy who stands inside a farraday cage as gazillions of volts of electricity ignore him.

He's the path of least resistance but he never gets zapped.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I'll take one of those... and a few gallons of Wifi resistant paint for my house please.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Black Books - I've never seen that comedy - It is sooo funny!!!! And you found the episode so fast. I love the link - thanks!!

new topics

top topics

join