It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just saw an object -no pics- did happen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Barrie, Ontario Canada: pop. 128000
9:50pm

Sky: fairly thick overcast clouds.

Witnesses: myself and my girlfriend

Witnessed: Bright orange spherical object, travelling in a north:east direction from the south.

Initial reaction "wtf is that??"

Story:

Myself and my gf just stepped outside for a smoke, walked from the side of the house (basement apartment) to front of house. instantly we saw a bright orange spherical light. that seemed to be coming from the south and heading north-east, it was below the cloud cover but about 8 seconds into seeing this object it started flickering as it was rising into the clouds, then was no longer visible once above the cloud cover.

this was very very orange.

I don't have pics or video, because frankly im not concerned with filming or taking pictures of ufo's because they will just be chewed up and spit out quicker than it takes to read the op.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

sounds like a chinese lantern, especially if there was no change in direction and speed.

but obviously, i was not there so i cannot be 100%.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
well they ask for pics because all they have is your word...and being that no one knows you your word means nothing....so pics or it didnt happen!

now why do i want pics cuz i can easily just say i saw a pink elephant with a blue monkey named bubbles.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

the light was way too big, bright and vibrant for a Chinese lantern. plus I saw it go up into the clouds.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

not asking anyone to believe me, just reporting what I saw, I find it amusing that people are put to death simply by "someones word" but no one trusts anyone about the most simple of things.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
well they ask for pics because all they have is your word...and being that no one knows you your word means nothing....so pics or it didnt happen!

now why do i want pics cuz i can easily just say i saw a pink elephant with a blue monkey named bubbles.

I want Bubbles back. That pesky little monkey face has been running amuck for the past month, causing me untold grief. Great, Bubbles is hanging with Pinky again....wonder how much the interdimensional patrol is going to fine me this time..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by Calex1987

not asking anyone to believe me, just reporting what I saw, I find it amusing that people are put to death simply by "someones word" but no one trusts anyone about the most simple of things.

For good reason. There are thousands of people making up stories/hoaxes. There is nothing wrong with relaying your information however, perhaps someone else in the area was able to take pictures...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

its possible, I was only able to see it for around 10 seconds, I have no idea what it was doing before that. although you know as well as I do that no matter how strange it was, if i took a video or pic of an orange sphere in the sky, it would be instantly dismissed as a Chinese lantern lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Im a member of the 'pics or it didnt happen' brigade.

Simply because anyone can come on and say ooo I seen this and it did this, this and this before doing that. Its just a non story imo, just words. Fair enough keep posting these stories, but with pics included there can be a much more healthy debate.

Yours does sound like a chinky lantern tbf

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

well it was just a suggestion, it is the first thing it sounds like because it ticks all the boxes.

round
orange
flickers
no major movements described
it went up

without pictures this is just a guessing game.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

well aside from your racial slur,

true, but its near impossible to get a video or pic of a 10 second event, unless you were set up before hand.

also, im not attempting to make up some extravagant story. just saw a ufo. not saying alien, not saying human, not really saying much, just what I saw.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

the flicker only happened once it reached the clouds, and the movement was rising from south to northeast, it seemed like it moved like a helicopter, which is what I thought it was at first, because of the movement. but it wan't no helicopter.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

its possible, I was only able to see it for around 10 seconds, I have no idea what it was doing before that. although you know as well as I do that no matter how strange it was, if i took a video or pic of an orange sphere in the sky, it would be instantly dismissed as a Chinese lantern lol.

There's been a couple times I thought I "swore" I saw something, but I have brushed those off. Until something lands in front of me, a little grey guy pops out with a probe in his hand... I'm unconvinced.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Don't let the trolls get you down OP...if you saw something that you believe is genuine and cant be identified..then thats all the proof u need for yourself...dont waste your time sharing a story without pic/video because..well you see what happens.

I have seen 3 ufo's ..but the first one i saw was quite spectacular...havent shared any of the stories for this same reason.

keep watching the skys.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Well, read some more posts on here and realize why people would be skeptical. To your credit, your story looks more legitimate than most of the non-evidence threads. Yet, no pics or video equals no proof. If you had the ability to take a pic or video, and didn't do it "because you think it wouldn't prove anything" then that's just sad. If you didn't, well then... same difference, it's sad to not have proof of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I did a thread similar to this sometime back. Learned my lesson too. I'll never do another one, even if an alien takes the pictures for me. FWIW. I believe you saw what you say you saw.

edit on 9/28/2011 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Hey OP ....I thank you for your taking the time to post your experience.

Cloud cover is usually around 3,000. feet and lower when its raining. But a little too high for a lantern/kite.

I had a similar experience while driving on the highway with a lime green orb that was originally about 15 degrees above the horizon near the treetops and in the blink of the eye it shot upwards to 75 degrees thru the clouds.
The performance and vertical speed was phenomenal !
In fact it would have been difficult to capture because it all happened so quickly.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I saw a pig fly.
I have no proof but it did happen.

new topics

top topics

join