It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What is sitting there which we are not using ? Where are we missing out on being able to transform the world around us into a place we want to be ?

I know what it is , it is knowledge . Specific knowledge . The natural world is sitting there ready for us to use . When we have built the right systems , which never work against , but always with , nature , then we will get somewhere .

It starts with agriculture : get back on the land . Natural agriculture governed by the laws of nature > we can build that to be a permanent provider , and it works , I have seen it and made it happen too .

It carries on with construction : build homes with systems that work sustainably and last for many years, if not permanently. Adjoin ALL living systems as means of gain : agriculture , mining , construction , transport , energy , trade ,

In the end we could be sitting back saying , what a world we made of our world , and what a world it is that allowed these designs we knew would work. Isn't nature amazing etc .

But in fact how many even on this thread will just fire a lawnmower up tomorrow and have done with the garden /?
In reality there is a tap there , a pipe and connectors at the shop , you could have some nice irrigation to sit back and watch doing your work growing vegetables for you , by lunchtime . Add a filter or two and brain application to the plumbing , you could have your sink water to keep things green and sweet .

We have got the ways and the means . Surely no one wishes for an end to the world they dont know how to live without . We are in a better position than ever to gain a brilliant future . Research permaculture design , and Bill Mollison , and or Masanobu Fukuoka , but I dont recommend going on a course > they are filled with spies and lies .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Theres a thread where someone is actually dreaming what seems like revelations great tribulation. They don't even seem to know it. Keeps having the same dream over and over, not sleeping anymore because of what the dream is about. Wakes up in panic. Every time they fall asleep been happening for weeks now.

I think they know more then they think they do. The end is at the door.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nice post op, it seems like we are ripe for some kind of event to slap us out of the trance that "we" as society have been in for the last 60 years.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Man i could not of worded it better myself. I spread the alignment had my cars and family packed and everything. Told my whole family they all thought I was crazy I did convert a few in the process still. To sum it up as you say it is the only way the world will change if some major happens not even a single 9.5 earthquake is enough to do it. A major change is needed so the main stream thinking starts to shift.

Great post and exactly how alot of us were thinking. I am still a little sad the 26-27th never went off. I was ready to live in a fallout world lol atleast for a little while.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think people want some real change but expecting this from a catastrophic event is just plain stupid. Let say we have a nuclear war, nothing would improve and we would have to live in a wasteland. This problem can only be solved by creating a new philosophy that has solutions to the problems that we have today. Hoping for a disaster to wipe everything out so you can magically solve problems in the world afterwards would not work. so if we are gonna save the world we should invent ways of doing that...

I believe a world wide catastrophic event such as a global energy crisis followed by riots would establish a world wide techno-dictatorship. Just like after 9-11 U.S government passed the patriot act...

People can't fight and believe death is an easy way out... There is no way out...You have to fight to make things better...

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

rotfl I can just see an alien species monitoring our broadcasts and watching WWE or something equally as mundane and thinking this asylum isn't worth saving.

Yeah totally, humans are so wrapped up in fantasy and lies that it has become our daily life to lie and live in a fantasy surrounded by other idiots who do the same thing; not focusing on what reality is and where humankind is evolving/devolving into.

The 2nd coming and the rapture is IMO all about what is going on inside our heads rather than outside in the world.

A more mental issue than a physical? Yeah I would agree, though I do not believe in a rapture of any sort. I personally can not ignore the possibility of our Earth/Solar System entering into a different zone within the galaxy and our galaxy moving into a different zone in the Universe (the Mayan zodiac reference) - I will not conform to the general concept of "the end of the world" as it is plain nonsense.

In short, I don't believe in a rapture, for me it is more cosmology/politics and the oil/gas giants trying to get the oil deposits in the north pole, using co2 and the whole whole carbon tax nonsense as steps to get that oil up there. Weather changing etc. It sometimes may seem to be the end of the world but its only weather manipulation in order to get oil. Again, no rapture.

So when you see Hollywood portraying aliens as malevolent and all the hype about alien invasion then you just know the time is near when truth will make believers out of all.

Personally, I believe in ET's, I saw a high speed right angle turn decades ago that we still can't do.

Mate, I believe in extra-terrestrials, inter-dimensional beings and many other things that brainwashed people never ponder about. I have, like you; seen right angled turns at unbelievable speeds with my family and friends, multiple witnesses yet nobody else will ever believe us. I do agree with you regarding Hollywood's malevolent alien propaganda, but that does sell movies, makes a lot of money and (as we both know) sends emotional signals to people in order to change public perception of aliens in general...but it does make money and I personally would love to write a good sci-fi movie with a lot of action and it may require malevolent aliens just for fun

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I couldn't agree more with you. The O.P. presented the problem very nicely, but I don't think that mass destruction of the human race and everything we have accomplished technologically is going to help us improve in some way. After a cataclysmic event you may be witness to the most deprived and evil human behavior you can imagine. The fight for resources will become hands-on, and you may see your family massacred for a loaf of bread or two. Pockets of humans (tribes) will spring up and fight between each other over territory. Some may be peaceful, some will be violent.

Remember that this world is not the problem, human behavior is! Whether or not you wipe it away with a few people left, you still have PEOPLE making decisions on how it will go from there. Until we become more civilized and rational, not even a disaster or a global catastrophe will fix what you want to fix.

Thanks. Yeah the OP did present the information very elegantly, it was like a poem and parts of me did feel drawn to it but my inner self knew that an apocalypse was not the way forward for our species, (like what you basically said, the problem is man, not our planet). That is my greatest fear, a Mad-Max planet; people getting violated and murdered for bread by scumbags that have formed a group and randomly targeted a home of an innocent family knowing that there is no law. Then sometimes I ask myself, is this not another agenda of the elites? Using fear to control us? Many have said it and it is true, they use fear to control us...

...which brings me back to my original post on this thread, The elites want an apocalypse to happen, the teenagers and those in their 20s/30s are big fans of FPS games and of course zombie shooting games, and as anoncoholic referred to the Hollywood propaganda of shooting aliens, they (TPTB) are using every angle of attack to inject fear into us (the public), controlling us via fear. When people are full of fear, bad things happen, paranoia kicks in, anger kicks in, riots in conjunction with daily news reporting no jobs, no money, debt, water shortages (the Blue Oil buyout of aqua ducts), fuel/oil prices raising. It is as if it were all created in order to create chaos, in order to create Order...and people shouting "End of the World" (on forums/social-net-sites/blogs etc), constant fear driven into us all; will be the cause of the chaos which leads to order - and not the order of the people but the order of the elite.

TL/DR: End-of-The-World Conspiracy Extremists will be the cause of propagating public fear, they love typing as much as talking and their news of false destruction will actually be the cause of mass-hysteria which will led to mass-rioting and that is the chaos that will bring the order. I do not condone screaming "Its the end of the world, its the only way, kill us all, Im ready". People must realize that by spreading disinfo like this (extreme responsive behavior towards something they haven't got a clue about) will be the death of them, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. No Chaos, No Order; Just Equality and Understanding.
edit on 29/9/2011 by the_denv because: sp

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Lono1

Get it straight people... You are not warning the world of impending doom, you are creating viral fear memes that spread negativity. Way to change the world for the better!

IRM

Agreed.

Other reasons they spread it: They are easily bored and feed on the entertainment value of the nonsense. The less it actually engages their sense of reason, the more they like it. Actual thinking takes work. Perhaps there is the appearance of just enough reason to get them to believe they aren't relying completely on faith, but their logic is often faulty. (For example, when they say something will be passing right between Earth and another planet but ignore the Z or height axis.)

Also, they may have trouble admitting they were wrong about a past impeding doomsday. So, they "move the goal post" and re-schedule the disaster date. At least then, they can still be right, just at a later time. It reminds me of the any religious group. So many of them want to believe they are special and are living in the end of times. When really, haven't millions of people said the same thing before. We're just tiny specks here. We like to think we know a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, we know very little.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
...but my inner self knew that an apocalypse was not the way forward for our species

An Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted.

From my view, an Apocalypse as originally intended is exactly what we could use.
Not the distorted form of the word most use today though, of course. How fitting that the very word itself would provide its own "veil".

The apocalypse has never been about "end of the world"... only "end of the world as you currently see it".

Namaste!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Originally posted by the_denv
...but my inner self knew that an apocalypse was not the way forward for our species

An Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception, i.e. the veil to be lifted.

From my view, an Apocalypse as originally intended is exactly what we could use.
Not the distorted form of the word most use today though, of course. How fitting that the very word itself would provide its own "veil".

The apocalypse has never been about "end of the world"... only "end of the world as you currently see it".

Namaste!

Yeah you are right, I was referring to the distorted version of the apocalypse. It would be good for the veil to be lifted, but I would prefer to avoid mass-hysteria, rioting and a Mad Max environment (like most of us do).

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

i totally agree with you buddie.... ive been feeling the same thing for years.... society is changing to much and too fast.... years ago its wasnt as much noticed but now with the internet and wider media and people having a more open mind.... we're not just sheep , people are geting their voices heard and opinons across the world ... and i feel that the past few years has been like a bottle neck... soon i hope this will explode... people want something to happen ... and hopefully if not, then we can make something happen.. obviously without the violence but something.... i think everyone is waiting for that one loud media person to stand out and speak... probably why everybody likes and IS for julian assange and people like him ..... i hope its soon ... because searching everyday on sites like ATS is just making things harder ..... we should get something going on this site... there are enough of us.. in different countries... who want the same ..... Change ... make people realise ... what they are doing ... what they are eating ... what medication they are taking .... maybe set up a tread like "anonymous".. a few moderators to keep things clean and in line .....but all of us with one goal....... collective.... a hive ....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Ummm.....I "think", that your off-track, these questionable, "conspiracies", that you spoke of are more a race consciousness, "knowing", not Gnosis or even gnosis. Not knowing the "what", or the when or even the why, but knowing that "something" is coming. There is an impetus, or a compulsion, that we all feel on some deep level and this is expressed in the irrational, yet only in the sense that expression is founded in ignorance, causing us to be straw-graspers...
This coming "event", is felt by everyone of you and to say that it is a hope for tragedy and expressive interest, the bain of the lazy is disengenuos. Do you honestly think that the world pines for destruction, that the whole of societies are too lazy, too beholden to their own "special interests"?
Perhaps then, those who would feel this way, might think that they have knowledge, that they are above the herd, that they have the answer...I would say that they are here to experiance this whatever, much like the rest of us and are as in the dark.
Consider that "perhaps" if we "knew" what this event entailed that we could be proactive and prepare, however, all we have are scenarios and supposition and questions without answers. Give yourself a break, altruism still lives, still draws breath, we are still that species that will give it's life for the sake of another and draw up those that karma has weighed down.

YouSir

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I think that's why the early Jews (Deuteronomy 15) recognized every seventh year, called the Lord's release, where ALL debts were to be forgiven. All those in debt had a chance to start anew (and the slaves were freed.) Every 50 years was the Jubilee year, which was even more generous - return of land, etc.

Seems like a healthier re-start to the planet rather than a catastrophe.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yes, you certainly summed it up nicely.

In my estimation, some force is herding us all in one direction...while the other force makes it so uncomfortable to remain in the current state that we must move into the new direction.

So are these forces in cahoots...do they work together to accomplish one goal?

Question...would you say the light and dark forces are working together as a cohesive commodity????
edit on 29-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I used to be one of those who wished for some catastrophe to come and send us back to the stone age. That was before something occurred to me. If order in our global civilization is ever completely lost, all life on this planet will perish soon after. Why? Because many, if not most of the over 400 nuclear power plants on the planet will be destroyed or abandoned in the chaos. All of the reactor cores would go into full meltdown and would literally sterilize the planet of life. It wouldn't matter how you prepare for the SHTF scenario. Your underground bunkers would just be underground tombs. If you survive the SHTF, you get to die from radiation poisoning.

I think I would rather die when the SHTF. Go out with the ultimate BANG! Everyone's gotta die sometime!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Also...the play on the fears of the people has really paid off..oftentimes created by the ones that are searching for the truth. Score one for the dark side!

Yet...on the Light side...that same research has stripped us of our dogmatic ideologies and like someone on here said, which I really like by the way..."wiped our slate clean like an etch-a-sketch" Or you could think of it like a total reboot and upgrade in operating system.

So...who is the powerplayer here? Who is the Maestro? What is the game and what are the rules?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

i think i know the answer as to why we live the way we do. it is because we have forgotten. In a world where science has an answer for everything, where we can be distracted by our Ipods, our Tvs our Computers and mobiles, we have forgotten how truly miraculous our existence is.
reply to post by followerofinstinct

Amen!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Question...would you say the light and dark forces are working together as a cohesive commodity????
reply to post by blazenresearcher

My view is more of a bigger picture, I guess. I think that Light and dark are just two sides to the same coin. Everything is written by the same hand, so, I suppose I agree with that statement, but in a totally unconventional way...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Agreed, two sides of the same coin. The cohesive yin and yang...can't have one without the other sort of thing...I guess if you think about it, that relates to males and females...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You should do a quick search here on ATS for "end of the world". See how many bunk predictions there are, if i only had a single dollar for every failed end of the world prediction that's ever been posted here on ATS i would be a very very happy man.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Yes, you are a happy man because of the failed predictions, but are you a happy man with the state of the World?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join