It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Deetermined

Did you read the abstract? Very, very unlikely.

This is from 1989.

Two weak, but probably statistically significant, periodicities of ∼11 and ∼80 years are detected.

Further studies of quakes and the Sun shows that the following did not pan out.

Solar flares are believed to cause changes in atmospheric circulation patterns that abruptly alter the Earth's spin. The resulting jolt probably triggers small earthquakes

The article has been cited 6 times, 3 times by the author.

This "weak" connection as the author states has not panned out.

Debunk someone who works from NASA if you wish. More proof that you only agree with those that hold your view. I'm done.

To say that further studies of quakes and the sun didn't pan out is a false statement.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Debunk someone who works from NASA if you wish. More proof that you only agree with those that hold your view. I'm done.

To say that further studies of quakes and the sun didn't pan out is a false statement.

Apparently you don't understand what published means. It does not mean it is so. It is an idea that is thrown out for discussion. Lots of dead ends are thrown out for discussion. That is the purpose of these publications. It is the distribution of ideas that have passed some sense of validity.

In this case, the author himself states that the idea is weak.That is the word the author chose.

There are few citations of the article suggesting that it lacked merit. Few seem to have found this "weak" finding to be any stronger or important to their work.

Please show where quakes and the Sun have panned out.

Do solar flares or magnetic storms (space weather) cause earthquakes?

However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes.

The answer is no.

People have studied the possibility of a connection. That is why the statement can be made.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And your point is? Just because the universe isn't 100% understood doesn't make your position any more tenable.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

And your point is? Just because the universe isn't 100% understood doesn't make your position any more tenable.

No, but it doesn't make it any less either.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

"Nature of universe is still a mystery to Nobel winners"

More proof of how little they understand...

This is a typical logical fallacy claimed by those that do not understand what is known.

Just because one area is not well known does not mean all areas are not well known. In the solar system the dynamics of the system are well understood and preclude the existence of notions such as Hercolubus or Nibiru. Regardless of how well issues about the motions of stars in the galaxy is understood, the motions of objects in the solar system is well understood and predictable with great accuracy.

Hopefully there will always be much to learn. Even when there is much to learn there is still much that is well known.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That's right, you have plenty more to learn.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There are many out there that need to learn even the very basic, basics.
1. Read the sites linked to
2. Read the abstracts
3. Follow through on citations
4. Check the dates of reports
5. Turn on the baloney detector
6. Check references made by the author
7. Learn how references are made

This could avoid such wacko claims
1. Ancient civilizations studied volcanoes
2. End of Bronze Age catastrophe
3. Global flood
4. Some of the Sun - Earth connections you mentioned

There are lots of interesting things to study and learn about. You've got to be able to sort the nonsense such as the Jupp baloney you linked to from the real stuff. You've got to learn to find your baloney meter and turn it on. There are lots of amazing and wonderful areas of study out there. Just don't waste your time on becoming a follower of a charlatan like Jupp. He's not the only one. There are plenty out there. You pointed out a few in a short time.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

And what is your belief on how the universe was created?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Another off topic request. The discussion is about the doom, not the bloom.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Another off topic request. The discussion is about the doom, not the bloom.

Ding! Ding! Ding! You just hit the top of my baloney meter! You've never come up with any information to discredit my theories....because you can't.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Nothing you've posted Deetermined has been anything but junk from hoaxers.

1. Solar and geological connection - you get an F
2. Quakes and magnetism - you get an F
3. Bronze Age cataclysm - you get an F
4. Understanding dating techniques - you get an F
5. Understanding of global flood claims - you get an F

1. Copyright violation - you get a star
2. Indifference to the rules of ATS - you get a star
3. Use of many logical fallacies - you get a star
4. Falling for hoaxers - you get a star
5. Inability to understand how science works - you get a star

You have dumped a lot of hoaxes into the thread from Jupp to bible prophecies to EU.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow... the two of you alone could either run, or end the world as we know it

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Nothing you've posted Deetermined has been anything but junk from hoaxers.

1. Solar and geological connection - you get an F
2. Quakes and magnetism - you get an F
3. Bronze Age cataclysm - you get an F
4. Understanding dating techniques - you get an F
5. Understanding of global flood claims - you get an F

1. Copyright violation - you get a star
2. Indifference to the rules of ATS - you get a star
3. Use of many logical fallacies - you get a star
4. Falling for hoaxers - you get a star
5. Inability to understand how science works - you get a star

You have dumped a lot of hoaxes into the thread from Jupp to bible prophecies to EU.

Yes, I forgot to post the link with my previous information. All of your above observations are a cop out for not having a better explanation of your own. You've never given one link to to counter any of the information I have posted here or provided an explanation of your own. You have nothing to contribute. That is another reason why you are at the top of the "baloney meter"! You're only capable of calling everyone a liar without a back up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Again, some of you so badly want doomsday to take a squat over the planet and let loose with the fury of a thousand constipated gods.

What has gone sideways in your life that you NEED for something catastrophic to occur? These are the people I worry about because if you quash their desires and needs for doom, who knows whether they'll go out and create some of their own in its stead.

That's what scares me, not Planet Douche or whatever is not hurtling towards us.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Planet Douche... Ha ha ha hahahaha

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

We really want to know . Also you could expound on the organisms that have no DNA or RNA . And you could give us a creation substitute theory .

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Again, some of you so badly want doomsday to take a squat over the planet and let loose with the fury of a thousand constipated gods.

What has gone sideways in your life that you NEED for something catastrophic to occur? These are the people I worry about because if you quash their desires and needs for doom, who knows whether they'll go out and create some of their own in its stead.

That's what scares me, not Planet Douche or whatever is not hurtling towards us.

I am afraid you are not very informed about whats coming . There is an economic doom coming not like anything this world has ever seen . It has to do with a global currency and a global government ran by Elite Bankers . The secular people will only know that the money systems around the world will be in shambles and untrusted . When money stops ,work stops grocery stores have empty shelves , medicine can't be bought chaos reigns .
Then there's the Arab war Against Israel that is going to happen next summer if you believe Hezbollah's Nasrallah . Of course oil flow will likely stop or slow substantially . There is gloom and doom for sure . And Venezuela can't keep up with the worlds oil needs .
So sit back and watch the show, it starts anytime now .

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes, I forgot to post the link with my previous information. All of your above observations are a cop out for not having a better explanation of your own. You've never given one link to to counter any of the information I have posted here or provided an explanation of your own. You have nothing to contribute. That is another reason why you are at the top of the "baloney meter"! You're only capable of calling everyone a liar without a back up.

Your are a liar. I have posted links to counter the nonsense. If you want to be a liar don't make it so trivial to refute. In the following post I posted a link. That shows you lied.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just because you post one stinker after another do you think it is worth anyone's effort to post rebuttals to every stupidity? I don't. Most of these are such obvious duds they aren't worth commenting on.

Not only is Jupp a liar, but you've joined his club.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Also you could expound on the organisms that have no DNA or RNA .

I've never made such a claim. Please go back through my posts if you want to demonstrate otherwise.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join