It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Your logic is flawed and you have not studied Radio Carbon 14 or Potassium Argon dating . The scientist that discovered Radio Carbon Dating made the statement himself .But the theory was hijacked anyway . The rates of Carbon14 in the air and environment varies greatly . The use of a cyclotron to try to read emissions and the process of breaking down and preparing the samples are not exact .
Secondly you have no idea of what you are talking about when you talk about the prophecy fulfillment in the last days . . Tell me what does the parrable of the fig tree refer too ? What is the name of the Temple mount ? Where does Gog fit into the Bible . What will be a burdensom stone to all ?.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Your logic is flawed and you have not studied Radio Carbon 14 or Potassium Argon dating . The scientist that discovered Radio Carbon Dating made the statement himself .But the theory was hijacked anyway . The rates of Carbon14 in the air and environment varies greatly . The use of a cyclotron to try to read emissions and the process of breaking down and preparing the samples are not exact .
Secondly you have no idea of what you are talking about when you talk about the prophecy fulfillment in the last days . . Tell me what does the parrable of the fig tree refer too ? What is the name of the Temple mount ? Where does Gog fit into the Bible . What will be a burdensom stone to all ?.

Ah, no the 'C-14' myth is one created by the creationist to attempt to deny evidence that countered their 6,000 year old earth claim.

Is C-14 error free? Nope, is it hopelessly compromised? Nope. You may wish to review dendrochronology comparisons with C-14 dates.

This creation claim is noted here

Creation claim

If you have a more specific claim from the site above you can go to these

•CD011.1. Variable C-14/C-12 ratio invalidates C-14 dating.
•CD011.2. Vollosovitch and Dima mammoths yielded inconsistent C-14 dates.
•CD011.3. Living snails were C-14 dated at 2,300 and 27,000 years old.
•CD011.4. A freshly killed seal was C-14 dated at 1,300 years old.
•CD011.5. Triassic wood from Australia was dated at 33,000 years old.
•CD011.6. Ancient coal and oil are C-14 dated as only 50,000 years old.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

How about the C-14 dating back hundreds of thousands of years . The fact is that you have no proof of anything being over 4 thousand years old . You are taking some theorist ideas as to what is 27000 years old or not . When this planet was formed the heat and volatile environment and catyclismic crust movement would have been violently accelerated . You are also taking the assumption that Radio Carbon 14 decays at an even and exact rate . Can we actually prove that . What do we have to go by .We have only discovered Radioactive particals last century . Is the C14 extraction process really that reliable ?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You didn't reply to the biblical question . As re you not versed in the Bible . How can you make a judgement on the bible if you haven't studied it .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
You didn't reply to the biblical question . As re you not versed in the Bible . How can you make a judgement on the bible if you haven't studied it .

Well how is it that you can make a judgement on another poster when you never even asked them if they have read the Bible or not? Your condescending approach and reckless assumptions are something to consider. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"Reliable historic records of the most ancient civilizations do not go back beyond 5000 years before Present. Then the Middle East bursts with a number of civilizations: Chaldean, Assyrian, Babylonian, Hittite and Egyptian. The reason is that after the Flood mankind spread in these regions within a few hundred years."

"Since Creationists believe the earth’s atmosphere is not more than several thousand years old (this does not imply that Planet Earth and the Universe are only that old), the basic assumption of carbon dating that the C-14(radiocarbon) specific production rate in the upper atmosphere was stabilized long before the Six Say Creation date cannot be trusted. Whitelaw argued that at the time of the Six day Creation, some 7,000 years ago, a plant specimen that died would probably show almost an infinite age The specific production rate of radio carbon was estimated to be 3.4 times higher than since the Flood. However, radiocarbon dating done in the labs ignores this fact and uses the current rate for all specimens, modern and ancient. Whitelaw’s correction showed that the agreement between actual age and measured age would come closer and closer with time, but would be very divergent as we go back in time. Examples are shown below:" (Open link for the examples)

www.biblediscoveries.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My Conspiracy Theory

All the conspiracy theories around 2012 , the comet Elenin, asteroid U55 and FEMA?
OK Here is my theory.

ELENIN is not a comet but a space ship sent not by aliens but the US government to fulfill a master plan. All big industries have long range plans. 20, 30, 50 years into the future. Hitler had a plan so did Napoleon - World domination. The US … maybe?

Here are some facts:

The world population is growing. The recourses of our planet are under a strain. More people make more pollution and consume more gas, food, etc.

The economy is also feeling the strain in Europe and the US.

Though history the population has had corrections. The plague, world war one, world ware two, the Spanish flue. Millions died!

So just pretend if I where in the position,
and had no conscience. What would I would do:

Long term plan world domination.
Issues:
Over population.
Pollution.
Food supply.

I can’t start a war. If I loose a virus on the world it might kill me.

Ok here is a plan:

1) First I need to find just the right sized asteroid to do the damage required and not hit the US. It needs to be an asteroid that I can depend on. One in orbit around the sun that is very predictable. YU55 that’s the one.

2) Then I launch a rocket to put a small ship in orbit around the sun to meet up with YU55. The ship needs to look like a comet, so it needs an outer shell that can expand and have a material that will produce a corona like a comet. Yea we can do that. We can call it …. No ….We will let some amateur astronomer name it.

ELENIN nice.

3) When the ship disengages from the outer shell we need to have the comet fizzle out and loss it’s importants to the world so the ship can manuver and dock with the asteroid YU55.
It is critical the ship be in the right orbit, inside the orbit of YU55 to allow a smooth docking manuver.

4) The ship will then guide the asteroid for impact with the earth at just the right point. We do not want to kill everyone. It needs to impact on the far side of the earth from the US. After all we need to save the rest of the world after the disaster! It will be a land impact so yes the sun will be blocked out for a few days.

5) Before this happens we need to get the population ready for this major event. (NOTE: 911 was terrible. It is inconceivable that any one in North America was evolved. So I apologize for typing this in but it makes sense)
First we create disaster that gets the population on our side and a heightend awareness of disaster.

6) Then we create a special dept called Home Land Security and give them sweeping powers to control the population for the event we are planning.

7) The death count will be large so we need to put the proper infrastructure in place to protect the survivors. FEMA can take care of that.

8) After a few months we start to rebuild. Take control of other countries, (help them) establish government, control the population and then we will have a New World Order.

ELENIN is not a comet but a space ship sent not by aliens but the US government to fulfill a master plan. All big industries have long range plans. 20, 30, 50 years into the future. Hitler had a plan so did Napoleon - World domination. The US … maybe?

Here are some facts:

The world population is growing. The recourses of our planet are under a strain. More people make more pollution and consume more gas, food, etc.

The economy is also feeling the strain in Europe and the US.

Though history the population has had corrections. The plague, world war one, world ware two, the Spanish flue. Millions died!

So just pretend if I where in the position,
and had no conscience. What would I would do:

Long term plan world domination.
Issues:
Over population.
Pollution.
Food supply.

I can’t start a war. If I loose a virus on the world it might kill me.

Ok here is a plan:

1) First I need to find just the right sized asteroid to do the damage required and not hit the US. It needs to be an asteroid that I can depend on. One in orbit around the sun that is very predictable. YU55 that’s the one.

2) Then I launch a rocket to put a small ship in orbit around the sun to meet up with YU55. The ship needs to look like a comet, so it needs an outer shell that can expand and have a material that will produce a corona like a comet. Yea we can do that. We can call it …. No ….We will let some amateur astronomer name it.

ELENIN nice.

3) When the ship disengages from the outer shell we need to have the comet fizzle out and loss it’s importants to the world so the ship can manuver and dock with the asteroid YU55.
It is critical the ship be in the right orbit, inside the orbit of YU55 to allow a smooth docking manuver.

4) The ship will then guide the asteroid for impact with the earth at just the right point. We do not want to kill everyone. It needs to impact on the far side of the earth from the US. After all we need to save the rest of the world after the disaster! It will be a land impact so yes the sun will be blocked out for a few days.

5) Before this happens we need to get the population ready for this major event. (NOTE: 911 was terrible. It is inconceivable that any one in North America was evolved. So I apologize for typing this in but it makes sense)
First we create disaster that gets the population on our side and a heightend awareness of disaster.

6) Then we create a special dept called Home Land Security and give them sweeping powers to control the population for the event we are planning.

7) The death count will be large so we need to put the proper infrastructure in place to protect the survivors. FEMA can take care of that.

8) After a few months we start to rebuild. Take control of other countries, (help them) establish government, control the population and then we will have a New World Order.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

There are many mistakes here.
1. I have known about these types of dating methods longer than you have probably been alive.
2. Please supply Libby's statement instead of beating around the bush with some vague claim.
3. If you ever learn anything about radiocarbon dating you will learn that rate is the wrong term
4. If you learn anything about radiocarbon dating then you will also learn about calibration methods
5. Where do you think a cyclotron is used? Don't you have any idea how this is done?

You believe in a book that is so full of holes that you can't address the floor or exodus issues that are not supported by any evidence at all? If the bible can't get the story of the people it talks about right how can it get anything else right?

PS. Next time you head to bible class it is spelled parable.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phillwhyte

You posted your theory twice. Might want to edit that.

Anyway, I am not buying the theory of Elenin being an Earth based controlled space ship. You also have to understand how large 2005 YU55 is. I doubt they could even direct a smaller one towards Earth right now. Too many factors involved, but who knows.

I tend to lean towards Von Braun's claim that they will eventually play a last card, a fake Alien invasion last card that is. This makes much more sense. Think about it, It would be easy to regain complete control over the sheople nations by staging such a false flag event. With technology today it would be so easy to pull off.

Really, All they would need is very large, manipulated projected laser beams. Throw in some Alien like Aircraft and some crazy Nasa videos and you would be suprised how quickly the average sheoplized moron would be so easily herded. The majority of the people of this Earth don't think like we do here.

And another thing my friend, I am not sold on this "they want to kill us all" like Alex and others talk about. They could do that with nukes below the ocean which would cause Tsunami's and earthquakes. Oh wait, maybe they already did in Japan? LMAO! I dunno.

At the same time though, they are killing us off just fine with prescription drugs, flouride, metals, chemtrails, various cancer causing agents ect that most of the planets population happily ingest. Do they want population control, of course they do. I just believe that the next event will be more about regaining complete control over the masses rather than killing a large portion of Earth's population. That might happen anyway through a Natural Cosmic event.

A bonus in regards to the fake Alien invasion theory is that they could label anyone as a possible ally of the Aliens, or an Alien themselves. All in the name of National Security of course. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You have studied the bible? Then why are there so many mistakes? Why is it not a self consistent story?

I don't think you have studied the bible. I think you read through it and pretend you know something about the bible.

You can circle the wagons to protect the treasured bible, but does it really matter if exodus never happened? Does it matter if there was a global flood or not? The lessons are in the stories not in the fact that they never happened. People pretend that radiocarbon dating is flawed to protect the flaw that the bible is wrong about the age of the Earth and the origin of life on Earth. These are the important lessons in morality. They are side issues.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Your list of civilizations does not mention the Sumerians who were earlier. Before these civilizations there were peoples in the area from earlier cultures that clearly lived well back in time. A number of dating techniques from thermoluminescence to dendrochronology to radiocarbon dating all show that peoples existed across all time lines without break indicating no global catastrophe as claimed by the bible.

Again there is the tired old whining from creationists about radiocarbon dating. There are other methods around that have been used to show age.

I have been to a number of creationist lectures and I know they can lie up a storm. I believe the speakers were quite intelligent and were well aware of the lies they told. They were not stupid. They were smart. They lied and they did it to falsely support the bible. Examples of lies:
1. Claims that a "sandal print" in stone showed stitching marks
2. Claims that a petroglyph of a dinosaur was ancient
3. Claims that Aldous Huxley, Darwin's bulldog, did so to support his lifestyle (wrong Huxley)
4. Misrepresentation of uniformitarianism
etc.

These speakers got paid to stand up there and lie to people. They should be embarrassed.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phillwhyte

That's rather complicated and would be a huge resource hog. Wouldn't people notice this huge consumption?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
He and I may not always agree, but......

stereologist - 100 points

Bible Thumpers - 0 points

I have no choice. It was destined to be recognized. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The cyclotron is use to try to get dating beyond 60,000 years to 70,000 years . The article stated that the extreme limit for dating would be 70,000 yrs.
As far as spontanous life it has never been proven . I don't doubt that you have read through some parts of the bible hunting for points to argue but have you been as critical of scientific claims ?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

i think the whole thing is a cop out excuse from people too lazy to even ATTEMPT to make a difference in this world...i.e.

"its too hard, let it burn"

which like I said, I think is bs....

-Bob

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Yes, I have to say that I do agree. The World these days does seem to be dominated by defeatist thinking. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Your list of civilizations does not mention the Sumerians who were earlier.

The great Flood: the Sumerian story

www.livius.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The cyclotron is use to try to get dating beyond 60,000 years to 70,000 years . The article stated that the extreme limit for dating would be 70,000 yrs.
As far as spontanous life it has never been proven . I don't doubt that you have read through some parts of the bible hunting for points to argue but have you been as critical of scientific claims ?

I am much more critical of scientific claims. I cut the bible a lot of slack. Who cares if there was no exodus? The story of exodus is interesting. Despite no record of any large number of slaves ever exiting Egypt or the loss of an entire Egyptian army or a drop in their economic might still the story in the bible is a powerful message about people and freedom. The struggle of Moses to keep the people on track to receive guidance from god and then to die just before making it to the final destination is a great story of struggle and determination.

I believe that cyclotrons are no longer used for radiocarbon dating.

I am still interested in Libby's statement about radiocarbon dating. Would you please post his statement?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Wow! Your words are a hammer to the proverbial nail. Ive got no words to add. Im speachless. You said it all. S+F

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The Sumerian story is probably the source of the tale used in the bible. The Sumerians did experience local floods and that is what the Sumerian tale is likely to be about.

faculty.gvsu.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join