It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Prophecies and 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Well, it is my contention that humanity is 'waking up' as it were, as we lead up to this date i believe that forces within the universe are pushing forward the evolution of our consciousness. This can be happening in numerous ways in my opinion. Even us discussing this matter is playing a part in this evolution. Although to be specific I believe that as a species we are slowly starting to recall our links to the natural world, we are starting to see more clearly as we evolve our consciousness. I think that dec 2012 marks the peak in the evolution of our consciousness and this will push us into a new age of understanding and knowledge where we can hopefully use our newly acquired outlook to hep each other and restore the damage we've done to our world, and to ourselves spiritually. I believe that this is the return of Quetzalcoatl (kukulcan), the return of a higher understanding and a connection to our higher selves, through the evolution of our consciousness.

Didnt mean to be snappy at the other poster, was just a long week I guess. Is this okay?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Howdy sir_slide

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Hanslune

Well, it is my contention that humanity is 'waking up' as it were, as we lead up to this date i believe that forces within the universe are pushing forward the evolution of our consciousness.

So a new age intrepretation then - but then lots of people have never left their assocation with nature. I presume from 'humanity' you are referring to the western world?

This can be happening in numerous ways in my opinion. Even us discussing this matter is playing a part in this evolution. Although to be specific I believe that as a species we are slowly starting to recall our links to the natural world, we are starting to see more clearly as we evolve our consciousness.

Did you live through the sixties? This type of prediction was quite common and religions have been making a similar prediction for thousands of years - but with different definitions of the words

I think that dec 2012 marks the peak in the evolution of our consciousness and this will push us into a new age of understanding and knowledge where we can hopefully use our newly acquired outlook to hep each other and restore the damage we've done to our world, and to ourselves spiritually.

Now if I'm skeptical how would we know if anything happens or doesn't happen, what criteria will determine if anything happened or didn't happen?

I believe that this is the return of Quetzalcoatl (kukulcan), the return of a higher understanding and a connection to our higher selves, through the evolution of our consciousness.

Thanks for the explanation

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by Fox Molder

You bring up some very important questions. I would like to attempt some answers.

Is it possible that the Mayan civilization of old actually "ascended" because of their advanced knowledge and did not "disappear", as it seems to us?

If the mayan people 'disappeared', then how do you account for their genetic descendents, the present-day Maya who very much do still exist?

Are you aware that Mayan 'civilization' peaked and crashed from resource exploitation over generations? They didnt fly off in little spaceships or 'ascend' any more than fundamentalist Christians will be 'raptured'.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican

If the mayan people 'disappeared', then how do you account for their genetic descendents, the present-day Maya who very much do still exist?

Are you aware that Mayan 'civilization' peaked and crashed from resource exploitation over generations? They didnt fly off in little spaceships or 'ascend' any more than fundamentalist Christians will be 'raptured'.

I questioned that myself earlier in the thread. I use to work with Maya around Merida and points east - they are still there! LOL..I swear!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I wasn't really that interest in the topic to read a book, sorry.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I found these interesting, and the date given too!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Interestingly , NASA tells us YU55 is to give us a fly by on 8th November.
Its the same time as Mayan Crystal Scull Ceremonies and Journey from Sedona to Los Angeles.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Good Vibes

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by francesgd

Oh good now we're combining crazy with scam. This asteroid is turning into a goldmine. Wait. Goldmine? That must mean it's Nibiru.

People need to start accepting that not every celestial object in the Universe is out to destroy Earth. They also need to start realizing that this entire 2012 circus is nonsense. There are no prophecies associated with 13.0.0.0.0 and the Maya placed no significance on this date.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'm really interested as to your motivation, obviously you align with Mayan scholars with degrees, and put anything Maya related into the hands of these scholarly individuals, although I don't see your need to post on EVERY thread maya related and basically shut people down, you may have a degree in history, specializing in the Maya, although I don't feel this warrants you to be the authority on all things mayan, it seems like a very arrogant assumption that you are the be all and end all of all knowledge mayan because you may have studied their civilization at college/university. I find this troubling, I'm not trying to be confrontational at all, Im just pointing out that you seem to make a real effort in this department, and I don't think you are being fair to free thought, most scholars beliefs are only those, beliefs, theories. I studied the Maya at university and I found my professors explorations of their culture to be superficial at best, it was very disillusioning to say the least.

Anyway, don't mean to prod you, although I am finding your attitude towards this subject to be more and more dictatorial, and that is no good at all, no good.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

My motivation is that this belief in 2012 is dangerous. You either have the people who think it's the end of the world who then end up committing suicide out of fear; or the people that think some form of ascension is going to occur and as a result they sit around waiting for some cosmic reset button to make everything better. Nobody should be harming themselves or others over this nonsense and if they think the world is in need of being fixed they need to step up and do something about it. The reason I reply in every 2012 thread is because the same false claims keep getting made over and over and as a result these errors need to be corrected over and over again. If you want to sit around waiting for some mystical event that will change the world for the better that's fine by me. I on the other hand will actually be taking an active role in helping the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'm really interested as to your motivation, obviously you align with Mayan scholars with degrees, and put anything Maya related into the hands of these scholarly individuals, although I don't see your need to post on EVERY thread maya related and basically shut people down, you may have a degree in history, specializing in the Maya, although I don't feel this warrants you to be the authority on all things mayan, it seems like a very arrogant assumption that you are the be all and end all of all knowledge mayan because you may have studied their civilization at college/university.

Except what the man said was true.

The Mayans made no end of the world prediction regarding 2012.

Harte

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

My motivation is that this belief in 2012 is dangerous. You either have the people who think it's the end of the world who then end up committing suicide out of fear; or the people that think some form of ascension is going to occur and as a result they sit around waiting for some cosmic reset button to make everything better. Nobody should be harming themselves or others over this nonsense and if they think the world is in need of being fixed they need to step up and do something about it. The reason I reply in every 2012 thread is because the same false claims keep getting made over and over and as a result these errors need to be corrected over and over again. If you want to sit around waiting for some mystical event that will change the world for the better that's fine by me. I on the other hand will actually be taking an active role in helping the world.

EXACTLY

2012 'end of the world' is just sheer nonsense, nonsense continually repeated by people with very little real knowledge and who either make stuff up or believe stuff that was made up by others, the Mayans had no such concept. If it were true then the world restarted in 3114 BC when this present cycle began....did it? I was initially trained as a Mayanist and the many Mayans I worked with in the late 70's had no idea the world was going to end in a few decades...why? Because it wasn't in their beliefs.

Edited to add ah I see Harte made the same but more succinct comment!
edit on 12/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hmmm interesting

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
DP

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lookitup
hmmm interesting

Moderately so. The world didn't end (well it did for a lot of individuals) but in the Mayan calendar system the next cycle simply began.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join