It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, 26, charged in plot to bomb Pentagon using model airplane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Man, 26, charged in plot to bomb Pentagon using model airplane

www.cnn.com

A 26-year-old Massachusetts man with a physics degree was arrested and charged Wednesday with plotting an attack on the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol with a remote-controlled model aircraft, authorities said.

Rezwan Ferdaus, a U.S. citizen from Ashland, Massachusetts, planned to use model aircraft filled with C-4 plastic explosives, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Interesting methods used here. I wonder if sometimes MSM doesn't cover things they should and does cover things maybe they shouldn't. Could this give others ideas or am I just judging the MSM too heavily?

Do you think a payload on a vehicle this size could really cause extensive damage? It seems scary that maybe they could just fly one of these model planes into a stadium or something like it.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hasn't this already been posted somewhere? This is pretty old news for most of us.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I am not all surprised. people from all walks of life, religions, and apparently intellect let politics impair judgment. This guy had a physics degree! I guess you have to be a survivalist to appreciate that no idea is really worth dying for, or for that matter going to jail. How many years for this offense???

But hows this for conspiracy, the president really doesn't "live" at the white house. Think about it, to easy of a target from the air.....just a thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
Do you think a payload on a vehicle this size could really cause extensive damage?

Absolutely not. Even the large-scale R/C planes are very light and would be unable to fly with much extra weight. Maybe I'm wrong, but explosive materials of any kind are generally heavy substances.

Quite a load of BS coming from the feds alleging that he could do any real damage with a model plane. Maybe if he duct taped samurai swords to the leading edges of the wings...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Epirus
Do you think a payload on a vehicle this size could really cause extensive damage?

Absolutely not. Even the large-scale R/C planes are very light and would be unable to fly with much extra weight. Maybe I'm wrong, but explosive materials of any kind are generally heavy substances.

Quite a load of BS coming from the feds alleging that he could do any real damage with a model plane. Maybe if he duct taped samurai swords to the leading edges of the wings...

Thanks for the response, I didn't think it was possible. I guess the MSM knows that stories like this draw attention due to the fear they can cause even if the fear is irrational.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
review the illuminati

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0Mark
Hasn't this already been posted somewhere? This is pretty old news for most of us.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know it was old news. It was just the top story posted the evening of 9/28(tonight) on CNN and I thought it was interesting. I guess that is shame on me for posting in an "alternative news" forum with main stream news(which is often late if it all). My bad if people already knew about this story, I did a search and couldn't find any posts about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, I have seen a model b-52 powered by 4 jet engines with a 12 foot wingspan, so if he had something along those lines, he could most definitely do some radical damage.
edit on 28-9-2011 by MegasAlexandros because: grammar foul

edit on 28-9-2011 by MegasAlexandros because: gosh, i gotta pay more attention in english class

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Posted here earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join