It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Venue, Picture of Ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just stumbled across this on Facebook, thought some of you may appreciate it.

I live in Brighton England and here we have a music venue called the Concorde 2 (www.concorde2.co.uk...), now I have a friend who works there and I was just perusing his pictures until I came across this one where it appears his work associates have tagged him, I'm not going to post the dialogue that sits beneath the picture for privacy reasons, but I'll post a few brief points that came up in the conversation that followed

How the picture came to be
- "We had some one in taking pictures of the venue, and this was on there"
(Which I find is a pretty reasonable explanation, I don't know why its such low quality though,I guess being that they're only exchanging pictures between friends someones word is enough, and at this stage I'm not going to hassle them for originals)

Mention of previous ghostly activity
- "this must be the little blighty that has been throwing the flyers around and smashing bottles...!"

History of the building
- "Concorde 2 is a classic Victorian building, originally used as tea rooms in the 1800's. In the 1960's it became a notorious bikers cafe and in the 1970's an amusement arcade, before it was eventually transformed into all its current glory in 2000"
( I've replaced the persons comment on the history of the building with what I consider a better description from (www.concorde2.co.uk...))

Some friends are skeptics
- "By the way I think its a reflection...x"

Make of it what you will, I don't know what it is, I believe that the person posting it believe's it to be a ghost, and when I look at anything of the paranormal variety at 2am it always makes me feel a bit spooked.

So here it is on the left hand side in front of the double doors

Doing a bit of research into ghost apps ATS has helped me in my search for truth, that this image is most likely a practical joke between friends, after finding the following image which features the same/similar apparition to the top left

edit on 28-9-2011 by Allis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yep, looks like a ghost, probably from the 19th century from the style of clothing it appears to be wearing and the bun in her hair. Looks like a typical dress that buttons up to the neck as was the style of dress women wore in those times. I wouldn't worry unless she pinches your ass, sex with dead chicks is a turn off.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think it is a reflection, however, not knowing who was there and the circumstances it would be hard for me to say if I think it's real. It does look kind of creepy. I wish the resolution was higher so I could enlarge it some more. It almost looks like the legs continue down past the door.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

It looks suspiciously like one of the "ghosts" that can be taken using the popular "Ghost capture" application available on any ipod. I know because I have that very application myself. I'll try and take a picture, upload it and then post it soon so others can see what I mean:

In the meantime here's the image from the Opening post:

Anyone with this application can feel free to beat me to posting as I have to put it back on my ipod to get a picture and it may take me a little while as I'm already busy.

But yeah, I'm 99% sure this is not a genuine image of a ghost. Could be mistaken though of course as I haven't used the app for a while now but like I said, I'm almost certain here.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

I know what you mean, my first thought was maybe someone was simply standing there, but the way the person talked about it, made me start to think other wise,plus I don't think a professional camera man would hoax one of their own clients,and the music industry is built on nepotism I imagine they would get someone in they know and trust to take the pictures,and also I don't think the person sharing the picture would be trying to hoax their own friends

I guess unless they decide to share the originals it'll be shrouded in mystery

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I look forward to seeing your app in action

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The ghost is on the left in the door way..Unless there is a reflection of someone or something it could be very much real..The problem is the picture on the wall on the left kind of makes this not so credible,,The picture on the wall on the left shows evil and the picture of the ghost in the door way can be a reflection of something on the wall..Need more proof

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Allis1

It looks suspiciously like one of the "ghosts" that can be taken using the popular "Ghost capture" application available on any ipod. I know because I have that very application myself. I'll try and take a picture, upload it and then post it soon so others can see what I mean:

In the meantime here's the image from the Opening post:

Anyone with this application can feel free to beat me to posting as I have to put it back on my ipod to get a picture and it may take me a little while as I'm already busy.

But yeah, I'm 99% sure this is not a genuine image of a ghost. Could be mistaken though of course as I haven't used the app for a while now but like I said, I'm almost certain here.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

The pic looks almost aliensish..But i know its not a alien what so ever...you can put a back drop there and fool someone..need more proof but if real or not good picture

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

Here's the app btw:

itunes.apple.com...

It's been posted on ATS tons of times in the past. And from looking at the image you showed, I couldn't help but notice It's similarity with the app thus why I brought it up. So yeah, as you can probably tell, the source of the ghost is, in my opinion, from the app in question.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

looking at the Facebook page it does say this "September 5 via mobile" which would fit with you app theory, and the general low resolution of the image, however also maybe they received the imagine via email on their phone
and thusly decided to upload it via their phone

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

Meh...I'm going with sunlight and shadows. Looks like the door is open at an angle and catching light coming in the windows on the right side...add in a little reflection and something in the way for shadowing, and you've got pareidolia.

I definitely believe there's weird stuff out there, but this one seems to easy to excuse.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Allis1

Here's the app btw:

itunes.apple.com...

It's been posted on ATS tons of times in the past. And from looking at the image you showed, I couldn't help but notice It's similarity with the app thus why I brought it up. So yeah, as you can probably tell, the source of the ghost is, in my opinion, from the app in question.

I have to agree. The image itself looks way suspicious and too similar to the ghost app ones.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Can't see a thing, but eyes and sunlight can play tricks. Do you have a higher quality or larger size image?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hmm, yes this looks like another ghost capture fake, I see you say the place is reportedly haunted, have they ever had a team in, we are based in southern uk. Might be interested in a look despite the fake pic.

Steve

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
sex with dead chicks is a turn off.

Maybe for you, I'll take it how I can get it

new topics

top topics

join