It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Most Likely To Be Destroyed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
earth will out live the human race so i don't care.
unless we get off this rock.

unless a giant dense fast meteor smashes it to bits it will be the suns expansion.
edit on 29-9-2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Rabbits.

Nasty little things.

you've been warned Earth!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well,
At least dailynewsmessenger1 will not be doing any more reporting videos

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

The sun will do it. The earth will soldier on until the sun swallows it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

The sun will turn into a red giant in approximately 5 million years, if we haven't moved off this rock by then we deserve to die.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Thoughts do not create reality. That is so silly to think that. Many humans are so arrogant they think thoughts can create reality but animals can't. If that was so true, I be rich.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Earth destroyed like Krypton? I don't think people would be responsible for that. If it happened, we probably tore ourselves apart in a science experiment gone horribly wrong. Earth no longer sustainable for life? I can see that as a possibility. Maybe also a science experiment gone horribly wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chopper
reply to post by favouriteslave

Thoughts do not create reality. That is so silly to think that. Many humans are so arrogant they think thoughts can create reality but animals can't. If that was so true, I be rich.

I don't know about the animals you are speaking of, but it is patently obvious that human animal thoughts can become a reality that 'never' existed before, now't to do with arrogance per se. As for thoughts making things happen in real-time well, there is evidence for that as well..courtesy of the former. Also Shakespeare dealt with that in his writings like 'The Tempest' as did Hollywood, in 'Forbidden Planet' (way ahead of the time in filmplay) which used shakepeare's writing of 'The Tempest' Last of all, reality is but the/a state of existence as we know it at this time, that could could change dramatically in a 'Eureka' way or evolve and be redefined every so often. You can argue about what is the definitive.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
The sun will turn into a red giant in approximately 5 million years, if we haven't moved off this rock by then we deserve to die.

Current estimates at when the sun will burn out are between 5-7 billion years. If the earth survives until that time there is no guarantee that humans will have survived along with it. Or maybe several, or a dozen, or a hundred civilizations will have risen and fallen in that time.

The Sun is predicted to become a red giant in approximately five billion years.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-10-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
George Carlin said it best....The Earth isn't going anywhere....WE are!

If we all died, the Earth would shake us off like a bad case of fleas, eventually....

About the only thing that will do it is when our sun goes supernova... And since our estimation for that is another 13 billion years or so, it's difficult to be too concerned. None of us will be around to see it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join