It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Most Likely To Be Destroyed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

i appreciated you rolling with me and explaining that so i could better understand
i will now take back the people blowing up the earth..

but one more question in are course to discover the "God" particle....do you think if we did find it or recreate it could that do us or everything as we know it in..since in theory it was this one particle mixed with some others that created the big bang?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by ignant

People.

2nd

Wrong, the planet will be fine no matter what we do. I'll let our lord and savior explain it to you. Fast forward to 1:30 if you're in a hurry.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
When we build the first time machine, an endless succession of time travelers will travel back to this moment in history to witness it and to congratulate us. But they won't realize that they will arrive in an infinite succession which will cause them to pile onto each other and expand outwards consuming all the land and sea on Earth, then everything within the orbit of the moon, then everything between the Sun and Earth...within seconds! The expansion doesn't stop there as it will continue outwards until it consumes a big chunk of the solar system, before it implodes on itself creating a black hole. The travelers still don't stop. The black hole will continue to grow in size until it consumes the whole region in our galaxy, then our galaxy, then local cluster, and is on the verge of consuming the universe, when God realizes what is going on. Having no choice, he decides to break the fourth wall and tell each of these travelers before they make the leap that he is making time travel impossible so people don't mess up his play. This actually already happened, so who knows how we'll screw it up this time.

I just have to say how mindbendingly hilarious this is.

I have the visual. Reminds me of The Spirit Molecule.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gamma ray burst, from a black hole our sun travels around, after 3 days of darkness. Then due to the sun's photons being cut off, the low orbit satellites fall to earth creating a global hail of metal and space debris.
Run to the caves but beware of the magnitude 10 global earthquake, resulting in Cumbre vieja creating a massive tsunami that sinks New York, and the whole Eastern seaboard is flooded and all the countries around the Atlantic basin .
The GRB leads to nitric smog, poisoning the water and killing much of the animals and plants. This leads to a mini ice age due to dimming of the sunlight for several years. And global famine. WWIII breaks out but is hampered due to the EMP from the Black hole as it sends towards earth massive amounts of Electro magnetic radiation along the whole spectrum including light, sound, UV, infra red, X-rays and Gamma radiation.

Yeah that'll do it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Gamma ray burst, from a black hole our sun travels around, after 3 days of darkness. Then due to the sun's photons being cut off, the low orbit satellites fall to earth creating a global hail of metal and space debris.
Run to the caves but beware of the magnitude 10 global earthquake, resulting in Cumbre vieja creating a massive tsunami that sinks New York, and the whole Eastern seaboard is flooded and all the countries around the Atlantic basin .
The GRB leads to nitric smog, poisoning the water and killing much of the animals and plants. This leads to a mini ice age due to dimming of the sunlight for several years. And global famine. WWIII breaks out but is hampered due to the EMP from the Black hole as it sends towards earth massive amounts of Electro magnetic radiation along the whole spectrum including light, sound, UV, infra red, X-rays and Gamma radiation.

Yeah that'll do it.

still would not destroy the planet...just life on it

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

imagine all the $$$ and resources & fossil fuels USA & other earth superpowers have wasted in the past century over petty wars with each other,

when the day will come when those resources used for genocide, could have been used to significantly delay inevitable human extinction.

That drives me nuts too. If they hadn't been wasting money on blowing things up, and killing each other in wars, there could have been so much more research and development in other fields, like space exploration, medicines, other sciences.
We could be out there populating space, ensuring survival of the species. Instead they look for creative ways of torture, pain, war.......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Or earth just might not be destroyed at all,
it could be just a you tube video to get you freaked out that holds
absolutely NO credibility..

nah science has proven the earth will one day be destroyed by the sun if nothing else does it first...
Entropy, my dear Watson?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Whos to say if human civilizion will still be here the earth is destroyed? There has always been several things that could wipe humans off of the planet!!!!! The real question is which ones can we prevent many things are out of our control, but man is what would do it ...nukes....lab created super virus....and something will happen on12/21/2012 will it be an ELE who knows ? Control what you can but don't fear the things you cNt

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Sun will not be expanding for another 2-3 billion years, in cosmic terms it not even that long into its main sequence.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
the Human race is so argent humans destroy the earth lol what a JOKE .
lets say we went ALL out a used EVERY wepon we have nuks germs tanks planes .Ok now thats over wow.
Now lets see humm yep earths still spinning scratch earths destruction.
Ok so the earth is still here now what ? well does it still have life on it? After all if we even manage to kill ever living thing that would be just about as bad as earth being going.
Lets take a look around shell we ? 24 hours after the war well the north is completely covered in clouds and burrr its cold but even there there is life ooo around 50 million humans and asorted wild life .
But strangly as we go south of teh equator things look almost EXACTLY the same . Cloud cover is almost normal a few citys are totaled other then that its almost un touched .As for life well other then the few million humans taht died in the citys its all Still there and still warm as well .
Its even very unlikly humans will go extinct we may some day but that day isnt it.
let along other animals .
But hey just for fun lets do a shake and bake we totaly kill our selfs every human dead 95% of every animal going pollution every ware . But even then some life has lived .Rats for sure and for roaches its heaven .
But place looks like garbage total cloud cover cold frozen world and yet not all of its frozen .
500,000 years later earth .Plants cover the globe animals have retaking every point on earth and now you cant even tell without digging a animal that called its self human ever lived .
There is only a few ways earth could accutly be totaly destroyed or even rendered lifeless .
black hole sun gets old another planet hits it making it brake up (roge planet)
now lifeless . well a smaller planet or a larger Over 1000 miles wide comet just completely turns the place to moltian lave when it once again cools its a dead rock that has to start over . Could it even then? most likly.
next a nebula (aka could of dust) rolls in cutting the sun light down by 22% earth frezzes sold pole to pole .
but you know even then if you drilled through the mile of ice under taht there is life vents are still there .
so you see even the worst of the worst leave the earth a chance to start over 9 times out of ten.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The original video is MUCH MUCH better than the garbage hack of a video you posted OP.

Here's the original, and has a much better sound track. (and HD to boot)

Honestly though, I've caught notice of your recent fear mongering here on ATS Ignant, kinda gettin old.

IMHO, end of the world won't be happening in my lifetime. I imagine that if we don't poison ourselves off this planet, then it will be the sun - a very very long time from now.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Lighterside because: decided better not help an agenda

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
here is a sign of what maybe will come!!....squids come from deep sea to the surface in west coast !!!
edit on 29-9-2011 by sabalsis1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Earth won't be destroyed, people will destroy each other.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zintac

Originally posted by tinker9917

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by ignant

People.

2nd this opinion

3rd..

seriously, stop doing that. just click the little star..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Just read the Bible!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Something was suppose to happen on the 27th of Sept.

Then got changed to the 28th of Sept.

Look at that: We're not dead yet.

I don't think we're going to die anytime soon from some cataclysmic event. Besides, it's not like your going to be able to prevent it anyway. So, just going on living life and go about your daily routine and stop fear mongering.

Give it any bets that will still be alive during the next predicted cataclysmic event.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I like the sun swallowing us whole theory as total distruction of Earth. As to wether or not man will distroy himself befor then is probably more likely, and who knows maby we will go extinct and tha age of the dinosaurs will come back?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Earth GIA innocent, so why Earth?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

What a ridiculous idea: Earth destroyed by humans?

It reveals the lack of basic knowledge, and the growing arrogance pledging ATS. Earth, and Nature, are far more powerful, resilient, and adaptable, then any species contained within it.
When the human species becomes intolerable it will be dealt with, nature will start afresh, and our species will restart from scratch.

Like somebody posted (sorry for not recalling which post) Earth will be pulverized when the Sun eventually "dances" it's dying ritual. But even then there will be no destruction, just a reshaping of matter into a new form. Trillions of particles will travel the universe until, having found the right set of conditions, they will become part of a new construct (a gas cloud, a comet, a planet, a gas giant, a star...).

In Nature, and in the Universe there is no such thing as destruction, just a constant, everlasting reshaping of matter.

As for humans, we are nothing but a ridiculous, insignificant species...which just happens to have an oversized, inflated ego.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We are capable of destroying ourselves, and that will happen eventually. Probably more sooner than later if we don't shape up. We don't stand a chance in destroying the earth. The earth destroying us though is a different story.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join