Earth Most Likely To Be Destroyed

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


i say people as do others because you cant say we wont...you can hope we do not but fact is...we are a destructive race....and we have the potential to destroy




posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-R Frost



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by ignant
 


People.

2nd


hmm, yea.

i think the Sun is most likely,

but at the same time, an external source like sentient beings (humans, et's) might do something stupid and zap the Earth out of existence.

ie, are experiments like the Hadron particle collider and the next best thing after that, reaally safe to Earth??



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
reply to post by miniatus
 


i say people as do others because you cant say we wont...you can hope we do not but fact is...we are a destructive race....and we have the potential to destroy


I take destroy quite literally .. even if we set off every atomic weapon in every arsenal on the planet we wouldn't destroy the earth, we'd scar the surface quite nicely but it would remain intact as a planet.. I seriously don't see humanity as living long enough to ever bring the destruction of a planet.. we're just not significant enough.. We can destroy all life on the planet, that is well within our reach ( and we're well on our way to that eventual outcome ) .. but my money would be on the earth either being destroyed or partially destroyed by an asteroid or some other large celestial body, and if not that .. then the Sun as it expands to become a red giant .. and if not that.. definitely the supernova as the sun makes it's final transition to white dwarf ..

Mankind is a drop in the bucket



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant
 


Lol. Man, if you saw something like that coming there would be no point in even trying to run, just stand there because you wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving that kind if impact anyway.

I'm not going to worry, i'm a christian and when i get vaporised i'll wake up in my mansion in th Lord's house. Death is just the beginning for me. Good luck trying to survive that planet slamming into the earth, i dont care if it happens or not.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


well lets just say and make this up...sometime in the future people start drilling deeper and deeper using nuclear energy to power drills or w.e just roll with this for the sake of the argument....that it decided to go off underground a create a chain reaction all the way to the core....could that no destroy the planet...we all assume weapons going off above ground...what if an accident happened below?



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ignant
 


Lol. Man, if you saw something like that coming there would be no point in even trying to run, just stand there because you wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving that kind if impact anyway.

I'm not going to worry, i'm a christian and when i get vaporised i'll wake up in my mansion in th Lord's house. Death is just the beginning for me. Good luck trying to survive that planet slamming into the earth, i dont care if it happens or not.


Here Here, I'm a spegehttian ... when this happens my god will reward me with pasta, and women .. all of those left behind, good luck


jk

Whatever it is that destroys this earth, I just hope it's long after I'm gone because there's still quite a few things I left left to try in this life time.. Life is too beautiful to waste pondering death.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Personally, I think the Earth will scratch us off her back like fleas on a dog.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros
 


Wont mean much to us since no species is known to have lived 4 billion years.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The one thing that will certainly destroy the Earth is the sun

The sun is gradually heating, eventually it will run out of hydrogen in it's core and the fusion reactions will move outwards, our sun will expand to become a red giant, long before this stage though life will have been boiled off the Earths surface. Eventually the Earth may end up inside the sun's atmosphere and is likely to vaporize or be ripped apart by tidal forces.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
reply to post by miniatus
 


well lets just say and make this up...sometime in the future people start drilling deeper and deeper using nuclear energy to power drills or w.e just roll with this for the sake of the argument....that it decided to go off underground a create a chain reaction all the way to the core....could that no destroy the planet...we all assume weapons going off above ground...what if an accident happened below?


I don't think we'd see any kind of reaction that would cause the whole planet to explode, but you could perhaps see something like that stopping the reaction that's going on in the core ( not likely, but I'm rolling with you here ) .. if that happened then we'd probably see our magnetic field go away which protects us from the sun, we'd all be dead fairly soon after that.. oceans would be gone, all life would be wiped out.. but the earth would remain un-obliterated..



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant
 


I was voting on the sun then your post woke me up to this old video of the Hadron Collider and what they mess with could step us up to be the cause.




posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyJ
 


Pretty much what I said, though much better put
and if that doesn't do it .. the next phase, supernova .. would ..

Boom goes the dynamite



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi
 


HAHAHA, very true my friend. I however think that humans could. Just imagining that amount of time in my head is simply insane.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
could u imagine being here when the sun becomes a red giant it would be #ing nuts thank god its in like a billion years ill be long gone unless of course u come back in another life then im #ed

although if we have not mastered space travel in a billion years and cant leave earth then wow
edit on 9/28/2011 by MrSmokeydogg7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
You know what would be crazy? What if, the key is if, we as a civilization do not advance to a point where space colonization is possible when the death of the sun comes around?


i know, right?

imagine all the $$$ and resources & fossil fuels USA & other earth superpowers have wasted in the past century over petty wars with each other,

when the day will come when those resources used for genocide, could have been used to significantly delay inevitable human extinction.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman
 


It's very unlikely that CERN could even create a black hole in the first place.. Even if they could, they would be microscopic and scientists aren't even sure such a thing exists .. ( microscopic black holes )

Scientists seem to agree that even if a microscopic blackhole were to be created it'd pose no risk and would be gone in a blink ..

I won't say it can't happen, but I would say it's very very unlikely .. I'd be more willing to bet on a UFO fleet coming to destroy us first.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-R Frost


People, 2nd Phage



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
My money is on the sun.
In about a billion or so years.

Or yeah, we could get hit by a rogue roaming planet.
We all gotta go sometime.........


A billion or so years is a long time to wait to collect, don't ya think.

Maybe you can get a cash settlement now?
For a fraction of the cost of course.



posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Not with a whim, but with a Banker!





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join