It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Educational Cartoon About Homosexuality. All "Choicers" Please Watch.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sorry I dont know how to emed, so here is the link to the video.

www.youtube.com...

Many people who are anti-gay lack this knowledge that is explained in the video above.
Many people still listen to the "scientific" studies done in the 50's that lead to videos like this....

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feMo1p422YM]This

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

here you go

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I judge people by their conduct and character.

The major detriment to the gay rights movement is how it is so forced down our throats. Its the same with racial tolerance and women's rights.

The idea of a special interest group is offensive towards the group they are allegedly seeking rights for. At least in modern times. I view it as racist in itself. When you define yourself as being a part of a group that is separate from the rest of humanity your actually in turn pushing yourself away from it.

We are all the same, why can't this not just be accepted??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

A. People are born gay.
B. People choose to be gay.

This ridiculous false dichotomy is so distracting. I want a third or fourth option.

How do you define anti-gay? Are you anti-gay if you think homosexuality is gross? Or if you think it's morally wrong?

As to your questions,

1. I believe hormones and birth order play a role in how masculine or feminine a child has the potential to be, but I don't think it determines their sexual preferences. I think development and social feedback plays more a roll.

2. A disease? Like you catch it? Nope. But I do think sexual preferences can be subtly changed and influenced over time, and that we should discourage openly homosexual behavior.

3. Not really. It mostly misconstrues the positions and feelings of your so-called "anti-gays". There's a lack of understanding on both sides I guess. If you want to have an honest discussion of the issue, don't impugn the motives of your opponent and don't insult their intelligence when you're trying to win them over.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

The major detriment to the gay rights movement is how it is so forced down our throats. Its the same with racial tolerance and women's rights.

The idea of a special interest group is offensive towards the group they are allegedly seeking rights for. At least in modern times. I view it as racist in itself. When you define yourself as being a part of a group that is separate from the rest of humanity your actually in turn pushing yourself away from it.

We are all the same, why can't this not just be accepted??

So you have to be fine with lynchings and jim crowe laws no sufferage -- basically unwinding civil rights back 150 years -- gotcha, that stuff was a waste of your time.

I remember what it was when there were separate facilities for "those people" -- it's been a long hard trip I don't want to go back.

edit on 28-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The gay agenda is on the march and it plans to brainwash your children at the school level.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Out of the all the homosexuals I've talked to, 100% of them claimed to be straight at one point. There was always some momentary lapse in judgement that led them to the DECISION to become homosexuals. The young man ironically named Christian was dressed to appear like an uneducated, misinformed fool as the movie narrator with the pleasantly acquaint dialog named off a bunch of [again ironic]American Associations while presenting absolutely no 'scientific' evidence that homosexuality is a gene. To suggest otherwise is merely speculation and should not be recited as irrefutable fact. And Christian was right; we all have freewill. We posses the ability to decide what and who we want to be, and homosexuality is no exception. The 'homo gene' is only a ploy devised to take the blame of homosexuals for choosing to be what they are. I find George Clooney to be an attractive man. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm simply acknowledging the guy is attractive, but that doesn't suggest I want to jump the man's bones. Why? Because I CHOOSE women.

The reason it's ironic that all the places listed that performed these studies are, in fact, AMERICAN Associations; the same people trying to shove acceptance, tolerance, and politically correctness down the nations breathing apparatus. What is, again, ironic, that these are also the same people who insist on labeling, classifying and categorizing every type of citizen occupying this nation. Whether it be hippies, businessmen, Gothics, skaters, preps, jocks, emo, homo, metro sexual, atheist, agnostic, Christian, Jew, suburban, ghetto, black, white, Latina, etc.. In this country we all have one category that each of us fall into together... American. [assuming you're legal]

When do we set aside the notion that "It's not their fault they are what they are" when it damn well is. I personally don't give a rats a## what you choose to be because I'm taught to love and accept unconditionally. I'm not a Christian by nature, but by choice. Don't tell me to be tolerant because politics says I have to. I choose to do that on my own.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DanteMustDie

Right on. All this video is is gay propaganda plain and simple. Would we say that its OK if child molesters said they where born that way?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I only watched about 1 minute of the video.
They have a right to live their lifestyle choice.They don't
have a right to push their lifestyle choice as being normal
to our children.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Let me guess.

You are a white male.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanteMustDie
Out of the all the homosexuals I've talked to, 100% of them claimed to be straight at one point.

That is so far off reality - - - I'm not sure what world you live in.

I've been following this for 20+ years - - - and EVERY gay man I've met - - says they always knew.

It is a birth right - - - not a choice.

While many gay men try to live and convince themselves to live a straight life - - - very few are successful.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by spw184

I only watched about 1 minute of the video.
They have a right to live their lifestyle choice.They don't
have a right to push their lifestyle choice as being normal
to our children.

Jesus speaks.

It is not a choice - - it is a birth right.

And children don't have a problem with it. It is the Adults who have a problem - - - and try to use children as an excuse.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I'm so happy that a gay guy hasn't tried to force himself down my throat.

I just had to say that.

Nobody is forcing anything down my throat. Not religion, not nonreligion, not gay people, not straight people, nobody. I know who I am and I am not offended when people who are marginalized want to be accepted. And, yes, marginalized people eventually need to go to what seems like extremes to be finally be accepted.

Serfs. Yes, it wasn't until a few hundred years ago that the majority of people had no rights or property in Western civilization. Things didn't change until they made a big "stink" about it all.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I believe homosexuals are born that way. They can't help it. It's not a choice they make.

I believe this because I, myself, find homosexuals to be repugnant and contemptible. I can't help it. I didn't choose to be this way. I was born this way.
edit on 29-9-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think it's good if young people can get their information from a variety of sources, and if they only get one view then what is the difference between that and growing up in a mind-controlled cult?
With the power of religious media and the spread of fundamentalist sects, it is doubtful that any young person would only be exposed to one view of homosexuality.
If people only want their kids to regurgitate their own views back at them, then they might as well join a very insular cult, although most people would also consider growing up like that a tragedy.

It seems that the more insular and controlled a group becomes, the more it moves from heterosexist views to an almost paranoid obsession with homosexuality. There is hardly such a group (from Scientology to various Islamic and Christian groups) that doesn't use homosexuality as a sign of how evil the outside world is, and doesn't claim to cure it (when it's often an open secret that some high ranking members are active homosexuals).

Such groups employ similar mind-control techniques, and same-sex accusations are a great way of inducing guilt. Whether in individual interrogation sessions or mass sermons, they will hammer people with a barrage of repetition and guilt, until the end of the session offers a relief that is experienced as a "temporary high".
They can sweep up such emotions on the topic of homosexuality that I've heard of entire congregations falling on their knees and repenting of their "gayness" (when this obviously cannot be the case - instead all these people want the emotional release).

Such churches have swept over SA, although many are now run by Nigerian con-men (always quick to make a buck on the latest scam) who promise to cure everything from homosexuality to HIV.

So while I don't mind people objecting to gay visibility, when they belong to one of these groups I feel sorry for them and the lifestyle of the leaders they are funding, and how they are being manipulated.
To openly use mind-control like that on children is actually a disgrace.
They will also use the topic of homosexuality to scare undecided people into their camp, often by pointing to a gay character in the secular media (which they shouldn't technically be watching in any case) as an example that society is doomed if people don't heed their warnings and accept their "truth" and plans for a mind-controlled society.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
The gay agenda is on the march and it plans to brainwash your children at the school level.

Are you kidding me? The gay agenda does not exist.

- Real life gay.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

That is so far off reality - - - I'm not sure what world you live in.

I've been following this for 20+ years - - - and EVERY gay man I've met - - says they always knew.

It is a birth right - - - not a choice.

While many gay men try to live and convince themselves to live a straight life - - - very few are successful.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, I reside on a rock called Earth where increasingly fewer people can take responsibility for their choices and actions. The blame is always shifted on a person, entity, science, whatever... And I guess the gay men and women I've spoken to are more honest than others. What about those who swing both ways? Is there a gene for that, too? Bi-sexuals choose the best of both worlds.

It's all psychosis. Just an obsession. I can't stop smoking cigarettes because I'm addicted to them. Am I born this way?? No, I chose to start smoking. I like to have sex with my psychotic, controlling, narcissistic ex girlfriend from time to time even though I believe she needs a priest.[Banging hot though] Am I born this way?? No, I just chose to give in to my lust and desires. And that's all it is for homos; giving in to desires. Don't hide behind some false notion of genetics just because that makes it easier for you to be accepted in society.
edit on 29-9-2011 by DanteMustDie because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by DanteMustDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm guessing that people thought my post was offensive.

Wasn't intended to be.

I have nothing against gay people. I know many.

The ones I know think the gay rights movement makes them look bad. As does the method used to force acceptance. On the populace.

I only have a problem with the direction of the movement, not the people or their choices.

Its 2011 folks, perilled in north America are oppressed equally. These people are fighting fo.r rights they already have

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I should really make my views on the topic more clear:

1. I am a gay white male.

2. I think homosexuals are born homosexual.

3. I think homosexuals choose to be homosexual.

Omg thats like a contradiction!!!! :O

The way I see it there are several ways you can be lesbian gay and bisexual.

1. Born that way from birth, I find this common almost all the time in transgender (I only know like one tranny though)

2. Choose to be that way. This one is not so common in lesbians and gays but in bisexuals and usually goes away when people reach midadulthood (33+) This is also used as a technique to lets just say: Get more chances at action dispite their...Unfavorable...looks.

3. Incidental homosexual. Ive had this happen IRL before. One of my friends who im not going to name for his privacy, had sex with me. He is straight, in a relationship with a girl at the time (Their now married: Say yay!) and to my knowledge hee has never had sex with another man. We where both pretty screwed up that night, and I know he didn't "Mean" it so we just dont bring it up. I think this is the most common form of homosexuality. This can also go both ways (Incidental hetrosexuality)

4. Learn this way. Im going to get a ton of flak from the homosexual community on this one, but I think you CAN be raised gay. I think that if you lived in the right circumstances, lets say, single mom with 2 sisters, one older and one younger. ( No im not discribing me, im single child and my parents where together.) Than you might mimic the females in your life. Notice how I say I THINK. I do not KNOW, and This may be as ignorant as the biblethumpers.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

There are indeed different ways to be gay, and different definitions of gay as an act, a feeling or a state of being with several non-sexual characteristics (a more feminized language center in the male brain, or certain mannerisms, for example).

In academia there is a big debate between the biological determinists and the social constructionists.
The former would argue that we are born men or women or gay, straight or bisexual.
The latter would argue that all gender roles are learnt, and they have no essential existence outside their cultural performance.
We may be mainly born males and females, but masculinity and femininity are learnt roles that only gain meaning through repetitive performitivity.
So in the currently popular social constructionist streams one may speak of "Queer Studies" that look at various sexualities and cultural anxieties (rather than the confines of gay and lesbian studies), or one may refer to MSM (men who have sex with men) in various cultures, rather than a specifically "gay" Western identity.
So in Western heterosexual masculinity it is not only important to be attracted to women, but also to actively not be attracted to other men.
In South Africa the thrust of homophobic violence is more towards lesbian women (with epidemic levels of "corrective" rape).
However, not all gay men are happy with social constructionism (especially outside the academy), and they may feel that it originates too strongly in feminism's deconstruction of patriarchal gender roles.
It also doesn't explain why people have different desires, but would rather look at why certain sexuality needs researching and explanation and what this implies about the opposing sexuality.

A planet of exclusively heterosexual people could conceivably exist, but in binary meanings they wouldn't know that they are heterosexual, and they wouldn't be able to derive any superiority or religious (moral) meaning from the performance.
Heterosexuality wouldn't know it is heterosexual without gays, just as you cannot define something as raw if you haven't tasted something cooked.

So gay visibility and heterosexist/homophobic visibility are actually connected.
Sadly people have become actors and pawns in very dominating culture wars between a secular world-view and a traditionalist/religious world-view.
Personally I've always been attracted to men, and even when I choose to be celibate, the desire never goes away, or some of the traits that others immediately recognize as gay.
However, the human rights we enjoy should not be based on being born a certain way, but on the right to make sexual choices with other adult humans.
If we narrow those choices based on religion, then we might find that heterosexual gains are also reversed back to the Middle Ages, when marriages were arranged, couples couldn't divorce or remarry, adultery was punished, and the church decided sexual positions and which days were to be sex-free.

Nevertheless currently it is clearly tit-for-tat: a religious group will capitalize on homosexuality to push the Word about devils and demons, and a gay rights campaign will respond with the currently established scientific knowledge.
Both are making the topic visible and "shoving" it into the public space.

edit on 29-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join