It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran begins large-scale production of new cruise missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Iran begins large-scale production of new cruise missile

www.haaretz.com

Iran says it's started large-scale production of a domestically-developed cruise missile designed for sea-based targets and capable of destroying warships.

Iran's growing arsenal is raising concerns

On Tuesday, the French envoy to the UN warned Iran on that it risks a military strike if it continues to develop its nuclear program. Ambassador Gerard Araud said in New York that "If we don't succeed today to reach a negotiation with the Iranians, there is a strong risk of military action," AFP r
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Things are brewing it seems

Doesn't Iran know it's illegal to produce large scale weapons while not being a member of the U.N Security Council?

Only those in charge of world security can be part of the world's arms dealers.

Iran is not a country that tends to invade, so compared to other countries what's the big deal if they, like many other countries that HAVE a history of invasions, produce weapons?

It's funny, every country that will criticize this move will themselves be one of the largest arms dealers on the planet.

It's like a new crew in Brooklyn trying to sell on another crew's block.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Uh oh, America had better assume the responsiblity of policing the world and invade Iran, just to be safe. We can fix everything! Plus we have lots of money to dish out for wars, so what harm could that bring?

The cruise missile has a range of 124 miles (200 kilometers).
That is weak, I'm sure America has thousands of missiles that could make it halfway across the globe and turn a city to dust.
edit on 28-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
hehehe its called HAARP

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Uh oh, America had better assume the responsiblity of policing the world and invade Iran, just to be safe. We can fix everything! Plus we have lots of money to dish out for wars, so what harm could that bring?

The cruise missile has a range of 124 miles (200 kilometers).

Perfect range for attacking coastal cities when launched from a ship or sub.

But, seriously... A Mosaad run news source... How reliable would that be in this case?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The U.S.A's tomahawk can do this!

Operational range Block II TLAM-A – 1,350 nmi (1,550 mi; 2,500 km) Block III TLAM-C, Block IV TLAM-E - 900 nmi (1,000 mi; 1,700 km) Block III TLAM-D - 700 nmi (810 mi; 1,300 km)
the range is way better so there lil 200 clicks is nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Now if I was wanting a weapon to be effective the first step would be keeping it a little secret.
Not alerting the world as to what I was doing. You know like they are doing with their Nuclear program supposedly.

So seriously if France or whoever feels this as a threat then I`d jump on the Guns now. Why wait for them prepping up?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The missiles are more like the Iraqi scuds than they are like an actual cruise missile.

Might be of concern to the Israelis though.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Now if I was wanting a weapon to be effective the first step would be keeping it a little secret.
Not alerting the world as to what I was doing. You know like they are doing with their Nuclear program supposedly.

So seriously if France or whoever feels this as a threat then I`d jump on the Guns now. Why wait for them prepping up?

I don't know. Alerting the world to the development of nuclear weapons stopped nuclear war for over 60 years.

Sometimes telling the other guys what you have in your back yard is deterrent enough !

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Let's face it ATS we're heading for war. These maniacs are in charge the worst part?? Each leader hates the other leader. Millions will die because ONE person hates another person... jesus h pickles.

Stop the planet im getting off, maybe Hoagland has a spare dome on the moon??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
The missiles are more like the Iraqi scuds than they are like an actual cruise missile.

Might be of concern to the Israelis though.

Israel is too far away. The max range of those simply wont cut it but they could cause issues in the strait. Israel has nothing to worry about unless Iran tries to come in close by sea...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Sometimes telling the other guys what you have in your back yard is deterrent enough !

And sometimes covertly run news sources attempt to scare up a war...

Iranian ships to the USA, cruise missiles, nukes Oh my... The French are convinced... We must go to war with Iran now!

By the way, the Iranians do have a suicidal lust for war (but most of it is all bark, and no real bite, intended to please the Ayatollah and Muslim followers).. But they do not want a war nearly as badly as the true enemies of the west, and no one wants to instigate a war more with Iran than the Israelis.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yep.

Iran always does this kind of announcement. It's always either the weapon in question really doesn't exist, or it's an old one they already had and changed the name, or just put a new paint job on it.

Iran doesn't have ``new cruise missiles``. It's total bunk.

Iran is just doing these kind of announcement for domestic propaganda, everybody knows it's a joke.

Iran has a weak military and they try to look strong by making these announcement. They are like North Korea, making over-the-top announcements and threats they have no capabilities to carry out.

Just like yesterday ``we'll send ships near US coast``... total bunk.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

one might guess the reason for a sudden build up of arms is because the USA has surrounded them on all sides. Every country has the right to defend itself....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Iran is working on developing what would be considered its conventional weapons. This is perfectly acceptable, however, there is another part that should be considered. As it builds up its arsenal, all of the other countries in the area are going to be doing the exact same at the same time. So right now it is stating it is building up a medium cruise missile, so the question is what are the other countries doing in response?

In the game of saber rattling and geo politics, the only reason to reveal a weapon is that not only is it ready but also to change the position. And in the middle east, along with the Islamic world, they are seeing to show a position of strength, to be able to get more of what they want at the bargaining table when it comes to the regional governments. After all why reveal a weapon, unless one is willing to use it?

Another thing to be concerned about is that Iran is an ally of North Korea, and Venezuela and who knows what technologies they are sharing between all three of the countries, along with that of China right in the middle. Along with the combination of the current proposition of Iran stating it is going to put military vessels outside of the US along the sea boarders, can only make one pause and think.

And what is North Korea and Venezuela up to, as they are quiet right now.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Even contemplating self-defense has become criminalized rather you're a person or a Nation doesn't matter, you are resisting and obstructing "International justice".

"Those damn Iranians! Thinking they have a right to defend themselves against the entire West plus their proxies and allies in the Middle east!"

"Heck, they're religious whackos who will blow us up first chance they get."

So, let me get this straight - you sponsor a revolt of the army against Mossadegh, who was democratically elected. all because he wanted to Nationalize the Old Fields. The Shah rules the country with his Savak secret police who kill and torture thousands of dissidents. You're not happy with the Shah so you secretly back Ayatollah Khomeini and bring in a Religious regime who create the perfect boogeyman to meet the needs of Christian fundamentalist. You freeze their assets abroad basically stealing Billions from the People of Iran. You enforce an embargo against them withholding technology. medicines. vital raw materials like rubber, aluminum and machine parts. You isolate Iran diplomatically as well as economically and constantly threaten to blow them off the face of the map . You allow Israel to attack Irans nuclear facilities while allowing Israel to have Nuclear weapons for their defense ........and you don't expect them to defend themselves after that?

If they didn't, I would think either they were cowards or complete morons.

Don't want anything even vaguely resembling a fair fight?
edit on 28-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Whats wrong with wanting NO fight at all?

There can be no fair fight here, everyone loses ultimately, a nation destroyed and exploited.. The mighty USA even further extended and deeper in debt, dealing with attacks in the mainland USA, in retaliation for the war... It will send the world into the darkest of times.

You should hope, no pray not for a fair fight, but no fight at all.

Diplomacy and unmovable stance to not be provoked into this war is the best course for the USA, and for the world.

But hey, if the greater will of humanity is to war with each other until they have sealed their fate... Who am I to oppose that?

Go for it.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is. It's just a domestically produced anti-ship missile, the sort they already possess but produced in Russia/China. And the whole "OMG they're producing weapons that could be used in WAR!" outcry is getting a bit old. Last I checked, this is (unfortunately) how humanity rolls.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I wonder.. If Iran gave up all it's weapons of war, would they stop being berated and threatened? I think not. I understand that apparently (according to every western country) they are a threat somehow? It just seems though that we cut them no slack and they should be allowed to build weapons and do R&D on weapons. Why aren't they allowed? Is there some rule that they should remain in a position to be completely over run if it comes to war with them? It just seems like a bunch of countries saying "we don't want you to be able to put up a fight." I'm not like a supporter of Iran, but I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to pursue weapons when everyone else does. Are we supposed to justify this based on Ahmedinijead supposedly saying he wanted Israel wiped out? They don't invade or start wars, they don't harbor terrorists, why do "we" treat them this way?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Whats wrong with wanting NO fight at all?

That line was a bit cheeky on my part.
You're right of course, no fight at all is the best answer.
For all the hysteria surrounding Iran when was the last time they attacked someone?

The silence is deafening on that question. There is no historical precedent for preemptive action like there would be with say North Korea.

Iran has already been the victim in one war when we encouraged Saddam Hussein to attack them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join