It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Opposition Seeks No-Fly Zone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

NO
This is exactly how Libya started. Let the people handle it if they want it they can achieve it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

See man, this is one of those times I'd like to have a beer or 12 with ya. One of us is back on his meds, and I just can't be sure which one...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
By the gods, no.

No more, nononononononononononononononono!

Is this so we can replace another brutal regime with the muslim brotherhood?

No!

A VERY valid point! If we keep going the way we are, we'll actually HELP AQ and allied organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood create the New Caliphate they yearn for!

Is there a picture of US bombs falling on Libya in the dictionary to illustrate the word "counterproductive"? That could be replaced with a picture of US bombs falling on Syria in the near future, and Syria is a damn sight closer to the stated capitol of the caliphate, in Baghdad...

What was the result of the LAST caliphate? Oh yeah, and attempt at global "conversion" via armed subjugation...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but what if that is their (Muslim brotherhood) true intent? Not to free people from brutal regimes, but to gain a very large foothold in the ME?
Egypt
Libya
Syria?
Who's next?

ETA: it looks like we and the UN are doing all the heavy lifting for the same terrorist group we're fighting in Afghanistan.

edit on 29-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yeah.. by the time we are done, the terrorist problem our government has fabricated for the last ten years is going to actually be real! All of these hardcore wicked leaders in these middle east countries, sure they were crappy, but they kept that kind of thing down for the most part, there definitely weren't terrorists in Iraq when Saddam was there. We are actually creating that we have been pretending existed up until this point!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well what i meant to say, was, i hope that we wont see something like we did already seen in libya, this wont end well.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i said this before in 10 short years when went from fighting radical islam

to aidiing them those idiots in washington will never learn

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Turkey established an embargo, more of a naval blockade, on Syria a week ago. They are stopping, boarding and searching ships bound for Syria and confiscating any weapons.

I will not be surprised when they establish a no fly zone over Syria.

I won't be surprised if they invade them in the near future either and bring regime change to Syria and Lebanon.

The big question should be what will Israel do when Turkish troops are on their borders.

edit on 29/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: blah

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Russia will veto it
if Obama veto against giving back a part of their own land to the palestinian

its getting very ugly
with the Iranian warships going to the Gulf near the us

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It shouldn't be a "no fly zone", it should be a full out war to take make sure the Syrian regime is gone once and for all, then help establish an security force (like Afghan) then gtfo out of there. Thats what whe should've done in Libya.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but what if that is their (Muslim brotherhood) true intent? Not to free people from brutal regimes, but to gain a very large foothold in the ME?
Egypt
Libya
Syria?
Who's next?

ETA: it looks like we and the UN are doing all the heavy lifting for the same terrorist group we're fighting in Afghanistan.

edit on 29-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

I personally believe that IS their goal. AQ stated as much a few years ago, and there are "loose" alliances all through that islamic militant community, so a fairly tight cooperative effort towards a common goal among them wouldn't surprise me in the least. AQ itself is nothing more than a "loose alliance", a "disorganization" rather than an organization, more or less a terrorist clearing house.

And yeah, what kind of bone head aids and abet the same people he's fighting in one place just because he finds them in a different geographical area?

Here's a project for you if you get bored: research the connections between the Muslim Brotherhood and CAIR, right here in the good ol' USA. I know ya got the connections to make that research happen, and it might surprise you... or it might NOT be all that much of a surprise...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
It shouldn't be a "no fly zone", it should be a full out war to take make sure the Syrian regime is gone once and for all, then help establish an security force (like Afghan) then gtfo out of there. Thats what whe should've done in Libya.

YOU go fight this one then, baby! I got damned good and tired of getting shot at over OTHER people's troubles that I ain't got no stake in some time ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I also remember a few months back or maybe even a year or so ago reading where Iran was threatening to destabilize the ME if Washington didn't stop interfering. Now it seems to me that either the West has beaten them to the punch or maybe Iran's threat has backfired on them.

Strange times indeed.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I was against Libya and will be against this too. We need to let people sort out their own issues. But after Camerons speech at the UN about more neo liberal "muscular" intervention it wont surprise me if we get involved in this one payed for at the expense of the British tax payer. I wonder if they will one day advocate a no fly zone over Gaza.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Well I'm joining the army soon, so I may have no choice if our ministers (UK) grows a back bone, increases our army and takes out the regime.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Well I'm joining the army soon, so I may have no choice if our ministers (UK) grows a back bone, increases our army and takes out the regime.

So your ready to put your life and limbs on the line for spineless ministers to fight in a country miles from the UK that you have no right being in?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Being in the NATO/UN. We have an obligation to help bring peace to the world. We have warned Syria and told them to stop the needless violence, nothing has happened. We have sanctioned them, nothing has happened except for weaken their economy.

So if we went to war, took out their regime and that bought peace to Syria thus saving other lives. Then YES I would put my life on the line to save others.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

OK peeps here we go. Now I'm going to actively take notice just how many here will be favor for such activity and then when the first images of civilian casualties start showing up I'll remind people.

It seems to be just a few short months ago there were tons of members all in favor of Libyan action then as the mission continued then it flipped.

Stay tuned....

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Well personally, I don't much like having my countires armies winning other nations civil wars and revolutions. These countries will never learn a damned thing if you do it for them, nor will they respect themselves and furthermore, it teaches the entire world that they can stir up some sh*t and that the U.S. will bail them out and then use tax payer monies to rebuild their cities and make them all shiny and new again.

Absolutely under no circumstances should we aid anymore countires, we need to withdraw into a form of isolationism where we trade with the whole world but we do not get involved in their affairs. Break ties and no longer make allies. We don't need all the problems these nations create, we have people in our own cities and towns living in boxes and people that can barely afford to feed their children and provide medical attention for them. You can't even begin to address solving the worlds issues until you get your own sh*t in order.
edit on 29-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well the Syrian situation is a very complex one.

Regime change in Syria has become absolutely critical for breaking Israel's regional isolation, and also, i believe Israel thinks if Assad is overthrown in Damascus, it will end the Syrian-Iranian alliance, and force the Hamas leadership out of Damascus, currently enjoying Assad's protection.

Now the problem is Russia knows, if a pro-Western successor takes over the regime, in Syria, it would have its important navy base shut down.

The Syrian base is the only toehold Russia has in the Med, and is vital to Russia, not only for military purpose's but also for the flow of gas and oil through the region, strategically, Russia can't afford to lose Tartus.

The Black Sea Fleet needs the Syrian base for sustaining any effective Mediterranean presence, and now the US has military bases in Romania coupled with the appearance of the US warship in the Black Sea, just recently, and also the new radars in turkey, the arc of encirclement is tightening on Russia.

Personally i feel Syria is just part of the military complex's global chess game, and the cold war never really ended, Russia needs to have a regime change, that benefits them in Syria, but the US's military geopolitical agenda, seems to be working so far, and with Putin about to take the the hot seat once again, expect things to turn sour, if western intervention takes place.

In summary, there a bigger agenda going on, behind the scenes, then to overthrow long faced Assad.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ohh man another kinetic action? Obama should realize that he isn't getting a budget shuffle to pay for another one of his attempted poll surges! This garbage is Syria has been going on long enough with out the UN doing it's playground monitor crap. Let the events in Syria unfold with out outside interference. It will require A] Russia to do something to keep their investment in Syria profitable B] Turkey to put up or shut up about it's place in the ME. C] By keeping the west out the nay sayers can watch as their favorite picks do things they would abhor to put the unrest down. In Russia terrorist captured tend to die from "unforseen heart complications", real subtle there! Now with Turkey's gov't controlled by a religious faction known for it's humanity towards it's fellows, it would be interesting to watch how they would deal with Syria. All in all I say let others deal with it and then watch how they do deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join