It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Opposition Seeks No-Fly Zone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Syria Opposition Seeks No-Fly Zone

online.wsj.com

Syrian opposition groups are calling for the first time for an international intervention to protect civilians from the Assad regime's ongoing military onslaught, including the establishment of a United Nations-backed no-fly zone.

The rebels' formal calls drew a tepid response Wednesday from the Obama administration and European governments, who said there is currently little appetite to reprise the type of air campaign that helped dislodge long-serving Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi last month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
OK peeps here we go. Now I'm going to actively take notice just how many here will be favor for such activity and then when the first images of civilian casualties start showing up I'll remind people.

It seems to be just a few short months ago there were tons of members all in favor of Libyan action then as the mission continued then it flipped.

Stay tuned....

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

NO, NO, NO!

Let's stay out of it.

No more "spreading peace" in the M.E....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Aaaaand WW3 is on horizon. If they do get a no fly zone, I think they will flip out. They are already pee'ved at their people for rebelling some of the videos I've seen are disgusting. Is this for the good? maybe. We needed to go into Syria first to actually HELP the citizens not go into Libya to overthrow Gaddafi I swear I wish I could jump off this planet. It really does make me angry all this snip going on....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i agree no more

weakness is what you do when you run to other people to fight your battles for you

i say they need to sort their own crap out everyone else has got their own issues to deal with

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

NO, NO, NO!

Let's stay out of it.

Lets all simply quote this post 10,000 times or more.

Seriously, we've got much bigger fish to fry now.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wanted to get this posted for the record BEFORE anything happens [hopefully nothing will] just in case and point out who is asking whom and who is balking

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Signals

NO, NO, NO!

Let's stay out of it.

Lets all simply quote this post 10,000 times or more.

Seriously, we've got much bigger fish to fry now.

Not another "no fly zone." We all should know what a "no fly zone" means. It means we're going to fly over you and drop a bunch of bombs.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hell yea! Let's smoke them Charlie! Delta out.

ETA, package arrives in 1-2 months.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We're being lied to by everybody, on BOTH sides of the Arab uprisings; that includes our own Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

Check this out: D-Day for Damascus

We really need to keep our boys at home and our money in our pockets.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think this is interesting from the same story

U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, citing a lack of consensus among the Syrian opposition, said the U.S. believes most of the opposition doesn't want foreign military intervention of any kind. "The number one thing that we can do to help them is to get international monitors in there," Ms. Nuland said. "We need witnesses so that we can hold Assad to account."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The guy on my right shoulder is saying "Go ahead, no fly zone is great.
That will show the World."

The guy on my left shoulder is saying

Didn't Obama just say that issues can't be resolved by the UN?

Peace will not come through statements and resolutions at the UN

edit on 28-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for Russia to come unglued over all this back and forth he said she said who struck Paul and attempt something there. This could get ugly but so far Washington and the EU seem to be balking, so much for all the fear mongering FOR NOW

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

on the brightside we will finally find out the truth whether or not saddams WMDS ended up in syria

like too many people reported by no one ever listened to

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Remember this one from earlier?
Syria 'targeting Homs scientists'

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How hard is it for anyone to find Assad with drones/satellite/stealth plane and when you find him, you drop a bomb on him?

Should have been done with Mubarak.

Kill Assad, kill the regime, no need to kill hundreds if not thousands of people. Kill the head.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

yes i do

learned along time ago never take anything at face value theres always something deeper goin on

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

careful man id hate

to see a neocon label get slapped on you

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
How hard is it for anyone to find Assad with drones/satellite/stealth plane and when you find him, you drop a bomb on him?

Should have been done with Mubarak.

Kill Assad, kill the regime, no need to kill hundreds if not thousands of people. Kill the head.

NO... just... NO.

That would STILL be intervention in the internal affairs of others, with a twist of assassination on the side. Look, everyone here knows what a nice, peace-loving guy I am. My hippy beads are still on back order. The thing is, even I, as dense as I am, know that you can go a bridge too far.

Right now, we're already at least THREE bridges too far. Over-extended. Lines spread too thin. You know, my usual take on the spin of things. I have a friend in Syria. last I heard, he was in either Homs or Aleppo, and that's been a while back. He could be dead by now for all I know. Even with that, I STILL think we ought to leave 'em be, and let 'em fight their own internal battles amongst themselves. Actually, I think he was hanging out on Jamil al-Azree in Homs, beside Mahata Hospital.

It ain't our fight. At all.

Ever get in the middle of a bar room fight between a man and his wife, or two brothers? Just trying to keep the peace, y'know... but it's a BAD idea. BOTH will turn on you, and you'll be lucky to exit with most of yer hair and teeth.

I say let 'em have at it, place bets on the winners, pop some popcorn and crack open a beer... and STAY in the spectator section.

Blasted war-mongering Neocons... oh, wait, ain't there a Democrat in the wheel house at the moment? What's up with that? sometimes, it's just too hard to tell 'em apart....

edit on 2011/9/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't think the UN is up for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join