It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, experts dismiss Iran naval threat to U.S. coast

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Youre forgetting one thing. Washing D.C., the location of our Fed. Government, is practically sitting on the Atlantic Coast. All it takes is just one nuke, thats all you need, to drop on D.C. and you just effectively severed the U.S.' testicles.

you are forgetting 1 thing - it would be easier for them to get a nuke there in a hsipping container carried by Maersk than it would be to get one small enough to fit in their submarine torpedo tubes - because that's all their subs are armed with - torpedoes........

so yet again there simply is no threat from their navy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Our boats are constantly in their waters, buzzing their coastline, so really there should be no reason to worry here. If I were Iran I would want to protect myself from the imperialist mega-machine too.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
So what are you all going to say if Iran's navy gets blown out of the water, and China and Russia step in?

That's what's going to happen if we fire a shot, Washington knows this. Iran knows this. The Pentagon surely knows this by now.

Oh please, Russia and China would sit on their hands. There is no way they would defend the Iranians, it's all risk and no reward. They are not that stupid...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Funny how people get mad at the US government when they start fear mongering but people on ATS have no problem doing it themselves. Iran isn't going to attack the US at all because just like the article says Irans navy is just too small.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Ancient Champion because: Typo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
So what are you all going to say if Iran's navy gets blown out of the water

Ooops!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the news article, but all it takes is one nuclear armed missile to do substantial damage.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Hello! I'm new out here! When I saw the article about Iran/navy/US coast/ and our guys in charge saying don't worry, its just Iran I'm thinking, 'Doesn't Iran hate us'? I really question whether some of these so-called protectors of the US really have our best interest at heart or have they been New World Order climatized and have forgotten history? Countries hate us and countries still try to occupy other countries, even today. What if Iran were to have China or Russia or both behind the taunting of the US? Would our generals and leaders entertain such ideas? I sure would.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There is absolutely no need to worry about Iran. First of all, they have no way of refueling their fleet of 2 ships. Our own aircraft carriers refuel once every 21 years(nuclear powered). Second, you do realize they will be trailed by our subs, don't you? Third, if they accidentally bob within 200 miles of our coastline, they will become barnacle bait. The US Navy is an extraordinary force! I am at complete awe when I watch some of their exercises. Let me explain a little about our jet fighters. During simulated war games to test the F22 Raptors capability, they were able to rack up a 241-to-2 kill ratio during the exercise against the "Red Air" threat. They fought against a crap load of F15's, F16's and F18 Hornets which are supposedly the top fighter jets we have second to the Raptor. I know, I know, they have since cancelled the manufacturing of the Raptor due to costs.

Understand this, our military will always show the military hardware that is already outdated. It takes an average of 12 to 15 years for us to learn what we really have under our sleeves. I once spoke to a retired military pilot who told me he witnessed two Raptors take out twenty-six F16's in simulation war games. My mouth dropped! He then said, "Oh that's nothing." He smiled and walked away.

Someone else posted where the US spends more money on military, and military technology studies than any other country, and that is true. I can honestly say that I am content with that. Without staying ahead of the rest of the world militarily, we will falter. I only wish we weren't so damn adamant at sticking to the UN doctrine on war. This has always prevented us from rapidly ending a war, and has caused us to step into fights where we should not be.

Iran is no threat to us militarily. They would be destroyed in seconds. It is the homegrown terrorists and sleeper cells we need to worry about. I am absolutely sure they are all here and waiting to make their move.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
these are all really great, I enjoyed reading alot of them. I really dislike being lumped with CONGRESS of america though its demeaning to me I am actually Ashamed to call the states my home I think we have been warring for like 2 decades now its irritating.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe we aren't worried because Iran is...ready for this?.

Not A Threat.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
these are all really great, I enjoyed reading alot of them. I really dislike being lumped with CONGRESS of america though its demeaning to me I am actually Ashamed to call the states my home I think we have been warring for like 2 decades now its irritating.

I completely agree with your statement. I feel Iraq was an unnecessary war, but Afghanistan was necessary at the time. The leaders could give two hoots about us and I think we should leave and let them handle these terrorist organizations themselves. I remember watching the news about Qaddafi killing his own people in Libya. I cannot get it out of my head, they filmed a bunch of Libyans crying to the camera, "America, please help! We need you to stop the deaths! Please come help us!" This bothered me greatly because on one hand, I didn't like to see these people suffer, but on the other hand, these are the same people who cheered when America was attacked. We are hated no matter what we do really.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i think i read somewhere that we would not dabble in others affairs.........
what are we doing see.......these people want help from our people they they are asking our leaders not we as people. if they were to ask me........."I'm sorry I would if i could but i can't, im fiancially tight i can't pay my bills im in debt past my eye balls im a hair away from being let go at my job and unemployment is too hard to get the banks don't want to issue me a loan so NO i can't help I am sorry ask india"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Iran: Yessssss we got some ships through! Fire the nuke!
*Iran fires nuke*
*A distinct 'PEW PEW PEW PEW' sound is heard and the missile disintegrates*
Iran: WHAT?!

America:Haha pew pew pew pew!!!
edit on 30-9-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What does Iran have to gain by messing with us???? If they honestly want a fight, they will get one, and we will win...If they EVER bomb us we will totally decimate their country, we will nuke it, bomb it, destory it to the point where no one will be able to live there for 500 years.....Please think before you mess with us, Iran.......

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
What does Iran have to gain by messing with us???? If they honestly want a fight, they will get one, and we will win...If they EVER bomb us we will totally decimate their country, we will nuke it, bomb it, destory it to the point where no one will be able to live there for 500 years.....Please think before you mess with us, Iran.......

IRAN? .......................................Nope.........................................Theyran!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

I dont even think this announcement has anything to do with the Iranian government at all in any offical capacity. I think it has more to do with Ahmadenijad and his ego and nothing else.The more you watch what he does and says, its more and more evident, at least in my opinion, that he actually thinks HE is the government, he is Iran.

Anything that comes up that should be viewed as nation to nation, is viewed by him as nation to Ahmadenijad.

I dont think sending the Iranian navy to the coast of the US is to reciprocate for Us ships in the Med. I think he is doing it so he can say look what I did. I stared face to face with the great satan in their backyard and they did nothing. They arent as invinvible as people believe.

This is all about Ahmadenijad, not Iran. There elections are just around the corner (2012). Lets see what else comes out between now and then.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In response to Iran, today PR officials at Washington say:

"Pshhh... n***a please"

Herrmann cautioned that while moving ships near the U.S. coast may not be a real threat, Iran is certainly capable of harming the United States -- but closer to Iran.

Iran could attack U.S. ships in the Strait of Hormuz, a waterway between the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf, on the south coast of Iran. Such attacks could disrupt oil markets and scare American tourists, Herrmann said.

You know what sounds like a good idea, lets just tell the whole world what they would have the best chances of attacking. Maybe we can manage to loose a stealth helicopter to them so they can share the debris with the international community.

Though that is an area of significant naval traffic as far as I can remember, also a great place for a sub ambush. I don't guess its any big secret among naval strategists.
edit on 30-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
I am actually Ashamed to call the states my home I think we have been warring for like 2 decades now its irritating.

Then move.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
With hits like this on the charts in the US it's not shocking that Iran wants to build up their military.

McCain - Bombbombbomb bombbomb Iran.
How would you feel if a guy that was running for president of a country (and had almost half that countries support) said stuff like that?

How about "and Iraaaan is not so far awaay" to the tune of "I ran" by flock of seagulls?
Blah.. I need to sleep haha.
Seriously though, lets just get out of the middle east and stay out.
edit on 3-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
comments are they have a small navy and America would bomb them out of the water. yes they have a few ships but how many did it take to start 911 with people we are led to believe that couldn't even fly a cesna straight did the damage and killed all those people? the bigger they are the easier it is to make them fall, think about it!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join