It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, experts dismiss Iran naval threat to U.S. coast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

All the while being in a perfectly legal and accepted position.

As long as they stay in international waters, I doubt the US cares much where they go.

Complete side, they will pass either India or the Horn of Africa, depending on if they head East or West to reach the US.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So now all of a sudden Iran is no threat, unless it's a republican debate and Ron Paul is answering a question. What a bunch of hypocrites. Well, I guess we can at least scratch Iran off the dangerous list.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

All the while being in a perfectly legal and accepted position.

As long as they stay in international waters, I doubt the US cares much where they go.

Complete side, they will pass either India or the Horn of Africa, depending on if they head East or West to reach the US.

Then they have to through the Pacific, get caught by Whale Watchers and the Japanese will feel like they have competition.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I really wonder... How many more wars do you Americans need to wage to realize that with every single war, you make yourself "poorer" and the elites running your country richer? Are you all seriously blind? THEY make money off of WAR and DEATH. Let me make it simpler. WAR = BAD for YOU and the rest of US, regardless of how good and "superior" bombing another country back to the stone-ages makes you feel. You should be ashamed!
If you think "they" give 2 #s about the USA then you are mistaking. Take your insanely out-of-control country back or be remembered as a nation of brainwashed cowards.

IT--
edit on 29-9-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What are you talking about? Folks on this thread are talking about Iran sending ships over and attacking. If they do then they will get their asses handed to them point blank.

Originally posted by edog11
I really wonder... How many more wars do you Americans need to wage to realize that with every single war, you make yourself "poorer" and the elites running your country richer? Are you all seriously blind? THEY make money off of WAR and DEATH. Let me make it simpler. WAR = BAD for YOU and the rest of US, regardless of how good and "superior" bombing another country back to the stone-ages makes you feel. You should be ashamed!
If you think "they" give 2 #s about the USA then you are mistaking. Take your insanely out-of-control country back or be remembered as a nation of brainwashed cowards.

IT--

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Politicians claim that Iran is the next great threat to our national security. Iran threatens to park a massive naval force off the East Coast. White House claims Iran is not a threat.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Let me read between the lines for ya. What they mean is the direct act of Iran "trying" to send its navy here is not a threat....and its not. Its not even palpable really. Now Iran "could" cause a lot of trouble overseas to our troops which would constitute a threat.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Politicians claim that Iran is the next great threat to our national security. Iran threatens to park a massive naval force off the East Coast. White House claims Iran is not a threat.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Love your sig. Its pertinent to this discussion too.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

IT--

As many as it takes. Only a handful of countries are tired of watching the poor and innocent in the other countries bomb each other into oblivion and demise. You might have to understand that genocide is happening right now in most of those really poor nations, you know like the ones where warlords take food aid the US sends and keep poor people from having it.

I wonder what would happen if the US decided one day to not send any food aid, take their doctors out of Doctors Without Borders and did not support organizations like OxFam. And it might interest you to know that when the tsunami destroyed Bandeh Ache Indonesia, all of our networks on television actually simulcast an event to raise money for those victims. We have raised money for a lot of nations who call us greedy and stupid, and yet here we go again, raising money for people who care nothing about killing other groups of people simply because they may be Khurds or whatever. What I want to know is this, with ALL of those nations whose cultures are much older than the United States, why are they still waging wars that are thousands of years old?

And let me ask you this, why does the King of Saudi Arabia live in such a magnificent palace when his own imams tell the poor people that extravagance is evil? The King of Saudi Arabia is a hypocrite. I say stop sending food aid to people all over the world whose governments steal it from the people. Would you like that better?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by Calex1987

And rules are broken everyday yeah not fear mongering expressing a fear......do I think im safe NO. i am shakeing because of the fact that NOBODY likes us........so yeah theres a little bit of fear there considering the fact that our government is suppose to represent US as the people and thats scary because half of us don't agree with our people can we fight it no we can will we no we will conform why cuz we are scared of our own country.

I hear you on that the american people have little to do with are goverment its all funded by multi-national corperations and banks. each canidate spends 1 billion just to run the first question is who is funding the canidates. The deck of cards has been stacked against the american people for 60-70 years. But remeber one thing people shouldn't fear its goverment the goverment should fear its people.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Our navy is half a century ahead of theirs,

And no, they don't have any chance of getting through defenses.

Iran is not some Nazi Germany unstoppable machine. They are comparable to France n WW2. Put up a fight, dead in a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

Ummmmmmmmmmm........doesn't Iran have nukes and you mean to tell me your not even the lease bit worried. We freaked at planes flying into our buildings. But your not afraid of the little guy has the U.S. never heard the phrase the BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL! hello I am sorry but that would have me shaking in my boots. oh wait we have all our troops over there so the enemy can scope out the diggs since we left the door unlocked. and with all the additional links i have you really can't tell me your even a little scared. or maybe its just a friendly propaganda ploy brought to you by our wonderful U.S. government fear mongering tactics.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

A couple reasons we are not worried about their nukes. If they have them they don't have many. I don't think they have ship based nukes anyway. Anything they shot at us we could probably shoot down anyway. I'm sure satellites have an eye on everything they are doing. Nah... just not a huge concern.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

IT--

And you should grow up and keep your posts on topic. For one thing this is about Iran sailing their ships toward the US, NOT about the US going to war. You talk like America is the only country ever to wage a pointless war? What about the Brits and the Fauklands? The Russians and Afghanistan? Just to name a few. You just sound incredibly naive to me. And yes, we do realize that WAR = BAD and the rich get richer. Guess what? It's the rich who are in charge and stage these wars to begin with. Wake up and smell the coffee.

You hate the entire country because of the actions of a few? Should I hate the Chinese because their goverment tortures its citizens? No, the Chinese on the whole are an incredible people. Same goes for every other country on this planet. You really need to think before you write your thoughts. It really makes you look bad.

I also think it is very telling that you don't list what country you are from.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Alienmojo because: Additional thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

edit on 29-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Alienmojo

IT--

And you should grow up and keep your posts on topic. For one thing this is about Iran sailing their ships toward the US, NOT about the US going to war. You talk like America is the only country ever to wage a pointless war? What about the Brits and the Fauklands? The Russians and Afghanistan? Just to name a few. You just sound incredibly naive to me. And yes, we do realize that WAR = BAD and the rich get richer. Guess what? It's the rich who are in charge and stage these wars to begin with. Wake up and smell the coffee.

You hate the entire country because of the actions of a few? Should I hate the Chinese because their goverment tortures its citizens? No, the Chinese on the whole are an incredible people. Same goes for every other country on this planet. You really need to think before you write your thoughts. It really makes you look bad.

Well I agree with most of what you say but one thing.

Fauklands were British territory and they had the right to defend it.
edit on 29-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

IT--

As many as it takes. Only a handful of countries are tired of watching the poor and innocent in the other countries bomb each other into oblivion and demise. You might have to understand that genocide is happening right now in most of those really poor nations, you know like the ones where warlords take food aid the US sends and keep poor people from having it.

I wonder what would happen if the US decided one day to not send any food aid, take their doctors out of Doctors Without Borders and did not support organizations like OxFam. And it might interest you to know that when the tsunami destroyed Bandeh Ache Indonesia, all of our networks on television actually simulcast an event to raise money for those victims. We have raised money for a lot of nations who call us greedy and stupid, and yet here we go again, raising money for people who care nothing about killing other groups of people simply because they may be Khurds or whatever. What I want to know is this, with ALL of those nations whose cultures are much older than the United States, why are they still waging wars that are thousands of years old?

And let me ask you this, why does the King of Saudi Arabia live in such a magnificent palace when his own imams tell the poor people that extravagance is evil? The King of Saudi Arabia is a hypocrite. I say stop sending food aid to people all over the world whose governments steal it from the people. Would you like that better?

Do you really mean that? So now the USA wants to help prevent genocide and help the poor people who have suffered injustice? Then why is the USA only "helping" (More like DESTROYING) countries like Afghanistan and Iraq where there is financial and strategical gain? Why not other countries where an invasion and the ass-kicking of assholes will REALLY make a difference? (Half of Africa for example).

Food and medical aid to other nations? I have absolutely no problem with that whatsoever! I give more money than most people, whenever I can.
However, I don't exactly call bombing a country to hell within a few weeks for more power and money for the elites "aid".

Why don't you open your eyes and face reality? The ultra-rich assholes who run the world OWN YOUR ASS. None of the wars that the USA has waged since the death of JFK had ANYTHING to do with Justice, Honor or Truth! They have all been to further the globalist agenda of the ultra-rich and to increase their power.

Most of the money that YOU, the US tax-payer, pays in times of war goes to the military industrial complex. WAR = PROFIT. War is not about justice, nor is it about protecting or honor or any of that crap. It's an illusion. Wake up and think for a second! The puppet-masters who ultimately cause these genocides and the instabilities in the world ultimately want to expand their sphere of influence. They create a reason for the USA to wage war on another nation and when the troops and supplies are there, they make a lot of ka-ching off the selling/producing of arms, hiring of mercs, re-building entire cities that were bombed by THEM in the first place and making very lucrative behind the curtain deals with the new puppet-governments etc. etc.

Also, thank you for asking this question: "What I want to know is this, with ALL of those nations whose cultures are much older than the United States, why are they still waging wars that are thousands of years old?"
1: The corruption that I am referring to is not only limited to the USA.
2: Ever looked into what the CIA has done for decades?
The CIA motto should read: "Fabricating reasons for war, one penny at a time" with a t.v. ad going "Want to wage a completely unjust war on another nation? Want to make tons of profit off the suffering of innocents? Want to overthrow a government and place your own puppet-government there? Call 1800-AL-CIAda and we'll fabricate a good reason for you!".

In the end, YOU the people of the USA and the people of the invaded countries PAY these motherf***ers for the arms and the rebuilding of buildings and entire cities. They gain everything while we lose everything. It can't get much more black and white than that.

If you can't see the truth when I'm putting it right in front of you, then there isn't much more I can do to make you understand.

inb4 CAWNSPIRASEH!!! DERP

IT--

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

IT--

Star for you. I very much appreciate your well-placed critique.
I should have kept my post on-topic and you are completely right about that, but after reading a lot of posts about Iran supposedly sucking and the USA being this god-of-a-nation, I felt very strongly about providing a counter-balance.

No, i don't think that the US is the only nation that's waging pointless wars for the benefit of the few. The Brits, French, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Germans, Dutch, Spaniards etc. have also been complete A-holes in the past. If I lived 500 years ago, I'd probably be raging on some thread about The Dutch being imperialistic A-holes

Wake up and smell the coffee? Buddy, I have been wide awake for a long time and I have a pretty damn good idea what you are talking about. No disagreement there. It just pisses me off to see so many warmongering rednecks on certain threads, talking about war as if they have the first clue what they are talking about. As if they have actually experienced the horrors of WAR. I myself have experienced those horrors and have later discovered how perverted and inhumane the true motives behind it are.

You probably got the wrong message and I probably should have spent a little more time on my post to prevent this kind of misunderstanding but please don't think I'm against the American people because I am not. I have been fighting for the freedom of the USA from the claws of the warmongering tyrants that run it for years and years, even though I have never even set foot on American soil. I LOVE the USA have the the ideals of her founding fathers as my guide-stone.

I know that the root of "their" power is in the USA and Europe and just want to see it brought to justice before they abandon the sinking ship called the USA and the western world (Which they have sabotaged obviously). We won't get another chance at this and the longer we wait, the less chances we will have at being truly free.

P.S. I don't desire to list what country I am from. What good does that do? I very much like my Internet privacy, thank you very much!

IT--

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

I'd expect them to use the Suez Canal - they've done it before.

they would probably use Cuba and/or Venezuela as bases.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Of course nukes will be used, look how big russia is and country's always go on the offense for defense...they figure Russia will nuke us so we might as well hit them first concept. Then we all will be dead..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
In my opinion, they are welcome so long as they don't make any aggressive maneuvers during their stay off our Atlantic coast. Granted, some will see their presence alone as an aggressive maneuver...

Look, we have more nuclear weapons then any other country, and we force our military presence off just about any shore that we darn well please. Who are we to tell another country that they cannot do the same? Oh right, we are the United States of America, and only we can do what we do.

reply to post by MissCoyote

Every single one of their ships will be in some form of crosshairs of our military during their stay. You are, and will continue to be safe, cheers.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Sek82 because: added a reply

Youre forgetting one thing. Washing D.C., the location of our Fed. Government, is practically sitting on the Atlantic Coast. All it takes is just one nuke, thats all you need, to drop on D.C. and you just effectively severed the U.S.' testicles. You cant field your navy, airforce, or army when your entire government is dead. Ofcourse the best time to drop said nuke would be when congress is in session and every state senator is there, it doesnt matter if the president is still alive, if the pentagon is destroyed and the commanders dead, were a sitting duck. All that from just 1 nuke making it through D.C.'s defenses.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join