It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, experts dismiss Iran naval threat to U.S. coast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

The U.S. territorial sea generally extends 12 nautical miles, or nearly 14 miles, off the shore, according to the U.S. Office of Coast Survey

here is the link as well......www.12newsnow.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the quick response, Lets look into this further

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
So what are you all going to say if Iran's navy gets blown out of the water, and China and Russia step in?

That's what's going to happen if we fire a shot, Washington knows this. Iran knows this. The Pentagon surely knows this by now.

china would go bankrupt without your spending and would never get there trillion back so they wont even look at you they may beat there chest but withen the best interest is to leave you alone and well russia...they wouldnt risk there skin for iran. even germany wants a piece of iran....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
possible look this way while we invade that way??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
north korea?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
So what are you all going to say if Iran's navy gets blown out of the water, and China and Russia step in?

That's what's going to happen if we fire a shot, Washington knows this. Iran knows this. The Pentagon surely knows this by now.

Russia and China? Russia sees Iran as a possible threat. China could give a crap about Iran. And even if in some fantasy world they did they could not do anything about.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
there is also an interesting thread about iran and missicles nukes type things

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

Ummmmmmmmmmm........doesn't Iran have nukes and you mean to tell me your not even the lease bit worried. We freaked at planes flying into our buildings. But your not afraid of the little guy has the U.S. never heard the phrase the BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL! hello I am sorry but that would have me shaking in my boots. oh wait we have all our troops over there so the enemy can scope out the diggs since we left the door unlocked. and with all the additional links i have you really can't tell me your even a little scared. or maybe its just a friendly propaganda ploy brought to you by our wonderful U.S. government fear mongering tactics.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Less than a quarter of our total Armed Forces are in Iraq and Afghanistan....hardly "all our troops". Who's the scaremonger now?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Gainsayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe they have a Navy, Maybe they would get obliterated off the coast line of America if anything was to occur. That is not the problem. Its what happens afterwards. Iran are starting a "Large scale production" of what, 50km-200km range cruise missiles? They are not planning on invading anyone, I think they are getting prepared to be invaded.....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
anytime the governement says no worries nothing to see here.

reminds me of how they downplayed the threat of radical islam

be aware but stay calm cool and collected.

and always remember folks that government aint looking out for you they are looking out for themselves.

after all who has their bunkers?

NOT YOU!

edit on 28-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

people are talking about a troop build up, rumor is the military just put almost 900 THOUSAND soldiers into active duty...what for?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Like i said im not scare mongering.....im in genuinely are scared especially since one of my own fam is a noob marine.......i don't want to lose him to he's going just for the school.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
To all the people that think the United States would have an issue with war against China Russia and Iran, We factually have the largest Air Force and Navy. We also Spend more many than half the other countries of the world combined on our defense programs. So for RIGHT NOW (with the way our countries going right now, I dont know how much longer we can last as THE super power) the United States and it's allies(UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea, and multiple others I won't bother typing) would definetly win a war against China, Russia, and Iran. When we put trade embargos on China, Their economy would be done. To defeat us, they need to get to us and with our Navy and Air Force that wouldn't be easy. I could go on forever but i dont want to bore anyone.
edit on 28-9-2011 by smokinbud because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by Redevilfan09

people are talking about a troop build up, rumor is the military just put almost 900 THOUSAND soldiers into active duty...what for?

The total US military is about 1.44 million regulars, and 830,000 reservists....total...Army, Navy, AF, Marines & Coastguard.

As of 31 Dec 2010 There are about 950,000 on active duty in the contiguous states, another 200,000 in various non-contiguous states and territories, and about 300,000 overseas.

I'd be interested in seeing your source for the figure - to me it looks like someone might have been talking about how many reserves the US COULD activate - in total.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

He may have signed up to get some schooling, but before he gets assigned to a permanent duty station, he will be doing it because he is a Marine!

Wishy-washy, just-for-school, and wimpy do not finish.

One Aegis enhanced cruiser (we have 21+) can intercept and destroy 4 times the capacity of any Iranian ballistic missle platform.

No false-flags or cover-ups involved. Simple math shows that it is sabre-rattling and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The US would let them bomb the hell out of us, they have bunkers to hide in.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PLUS2IS22

We dont pay them to dismiss anything...and no more convienant disasters that justify taking more of our tax money either

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

He shouldn't have joined, then. It's the United States Marine Corps...they kill the enemies of the nation...it's not a free scholarship ride. I'm sure he's figuring this out, probably time you need to.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

They actually considered it a threat? lol thats funny.

If Iran wants to have ships off the Us coast, more power to them. We exercise the freedom of navigation in internatioanl waters in the Persian Gulf, they can exercise it off our coast.

Who honestly cares?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join