It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House, experts dismiss Iran naval threat to U.S. coast

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

White House, experts dismiss Iran naval threat to U.S. coast

www.cnn.com

"I wouldn't read too much into what came out of Iran today," Little said, adding: "I think what is said and what is actually done can be two different things."

"This is hard to take seriously, because Iran's navy is very small. This force, whatever it may be, is going to be puny, especially compared to the U.S. Navy," said Herrmann, who specializes in the use of imagery and posturing in international conflicts. "Iran doesn't have the capability to come within close proximity to (the United States) to conduct hostile activities. Even if (Iran) launched missiles, we would sink their
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mererhetoric.com
www.guardian.co.uk
www.nytimes.com
www.iran-press-service.com

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ummmmmmmmmmm........doesn't Iran have nukes and you mean to tell me your not even the lease bit worried. We freaked at planes flying into our buildings. But your not afraid of the little guy has the U.S. never heard the phrase the BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL! hello I am sorry but that would have me shaking in my boots. oh wait we have all our troops over there so the enemy can scope out the diggs since we left the door unlocked. and with all the additional links i have you really can't tell me your even a little scared. or maybe its just a friendly propaganda ploy brought to you by our wonderful U.S. government fear mongering tactics.

www.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
first rule of 97Bravo is to deny deny deny.

then make them look silly.

If tehy're saying something isn't, it probably is

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Given what's happened to their neighbors, Iran would have to be crazy enough to eat hats for them to use nukes. Yes, they would do damage, yes they would hurt a lot of people...and then the U.S. would probably commit a small genocide.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

Ummmmmmmmmmm........doesn't Iran have nukes and you mean to tell me your not even the lease bit worried. We freaked at planes flying into our buildings. But your not afraid of the little guy has the U.S. never heard the phrase the BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL! hello I am sorry but that would have me shaking in my boots. oh wait we have all our troops over there so the enemy can scope out the diggs since we left the door unlocked. and with all the additional links i have you really can't tell me your even a little scared. or maybe its just a friendly propaganda ploy brought to you by our wonderful U.S. government fear mongering tactics.

www.cnn.com

not scared or worried....love the fear mongering you say the us government is using yet you used it as well....always take what you read with a grain of salt....ive read up on what they can and cant do...we are safe
well us canadians anyways bahaha

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
you know they had to have gotten nukes on the black market whats really sad is they are probably american made nukes since the middle east LOVES to use our own tech against us. I really love that. can't they be original?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Their naval forces are well known - none have the ability to "launch" nukes - if they were going to do an attack like that they'd be much more likely to put one into a hipping container and have it delivered by Maersk!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

And rules are broken everyday yeah not fear mongering expressing a fear......do I think im safe NO. i am shakeing because of the fact that NOBODY likes us........so yeah theres a little bit of fear there considering the fact that our government is suppose to represent US as the people and thats scary because half of us don't agree with our people can we fight it no we can will we no we will conform why cuz we are scared of our own country.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
White House Experts

Jumbo Shrimp

Both Oxymorons.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In my opinion, they are welcome so long as they don't make any aggressive maneuvers during their stay off our Atlantic coast. Granted, some will see their presence alone as an aggressive maneuver...

Look, we have more nuclear weapons then any other country, and we force our military presence off just about any shore that we darn well please. Who are we to tell another country that they cannot do the same? Oh right, we are the United States of America, and only we can do what we do.

Every single one of their ships will be in some form of crosshairs of our military during their stay. You are, and will continue to be safe, cheers.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Sek82 because: added a reply

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Smart move, but would have been better to ignore it altogether, and issue no statement at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

you know they had to have gotten nukes on the black market whats really sad is they are probably american made nukes since the middle east LOVES to use our own tech against us. I really love that. can't they be original?

You may wish to read up on the Iran contra.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

so you fear a country that isnt even close to first world standards in military power? they can get as close as they would like with there ships...but with how small and spread out there navy would be with the us already having ships sitting off the coast....with nuclear capabilities...to strike the U.S.A. on home soil would be suicidal countries at this moment even if they do not like you are just looking for a reason to hammer them...not to mention an attack would instantly draw fire from Canada and Britain....and we all know U.S.A. has the largest Navy with Britain in second..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

I fully understand that but I don't think killing themselves is a really big problem to be honest.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wonder how far off the coast they are?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Hmmm...no?

I'm not aware of any indication that Iran has nukes, bought or no. And they would more likely be russian nukes if so - after the collapse of the USSR, I believe security became quite lax and there were a lot of arms sold on the black market. The US doesn't sell its nukes, and if any that we lost made it out of the country and into the hands of any of our enemies, than it's obviously a result of inside sales by very very bad people.

But uhh...when exactly has the middle east used our own technology against us, aside from the disputed case of 9/11? Now think about this - how long, and in how much greater proportion, have we been using our own tech. against them?

Just so you keep a fair keel on everything here...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

I haven't investigated that but i most definitely will they can't claim they were just takin a cruise

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So what are you all going to say if Iran's navy gets blown out of the water, and China and Russia step in?

That's what's going to happen if we fire a shot, Washington knows this. Iran knows this. The Pentagon surely knows this by now.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
they're gunna send both ships? uh ohhh

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Then we destroy our enemies once and for all, that many super powers fighting? Im sure we'll use nukes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join