It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who have had some form of "paranormal" or "extraterrestrial" encounters...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultinium

LOL..Thank you so much..LOL..well you just made me smile and laugh..Thank you again...Yes my dogs do the same thing quite often.Both growl ..chances are you had or have spirits..Sounds right to me

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

well someone just made me laugh and smile..Thank you..Good Carma..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Appreciate your interest of course, but some of us like myself have multiple experiences. For instance, 5 people in my circle see shadow people and orbs, but I don't. However I once tried to confront one and was torn out of body. Also OBE's have given me some interesting experiences, including seeing the light body.

I am somehow involved on other levels with my wife, whom has had et and abduction experience, many which I am involved in, somewhat like a team which is odd. There is so much and it has presented so many questions which I am trying to learn answers to. I do remember being on a vessel.

My and her dreams have synchronicity and prophetic.

What I know so far, we are here and elsewhere at the same time, some are more ascended and developed than others, not more important, just different. I am pursuing at the present, an understanding of the shadows, that which we see, which is tied to orbs. Defining the soul and what it means as I have seen mine three times and come to know it is very important to support it. Lastly of late, an interview with my wife of the "others", whom she describes in detail and never having read a book or watched tv on the subject. REALLY, she does neither, the tv is never used. I may start a thread on my finding with some of this, it is getting veryyyyyy, interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

I'm so sorry..not at all can I do this..I am now destroyed by the spiritual beatings i take on a 24 hour basis,, God has my life in his hands right now..I don't practice...Its evil..cant stand it..I do hope you can find someone to help you though..and thank you for asking...

Well it is very tough to give you cred, so although you are good at capturing the imagination with your claims of talking to spirits, and seeing green and grey alien orbs, and white human orbs, the proof is in the pudding.

If it is evil to practice, and your grandmother still does it, is your grandmother evil?

As a born-again christian, have you tried to get your grandmother to stop talking to spirits?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

Well he said that his grandmother was Native American. To get specific Cherokee. A lot of Native Americans practice different rituals for spirits. It's nothing that's out of the ordinary as they have done it ever since they were forced from their land. In his grandmother's case she saw eek had some psychic abilities and was fascinated by it and only wanted to further it.
My apologies if I got the story jumbled up.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba
reply to post by chr0naut

Please do tell, in short, of your miraculous answers to prayers, and the such, I think they should be welcomed into the thread as well. Thanks for posting!

OK,

The first "miraculous" answer to prayer was when I was just married and my wife & I had a bill that we just couldn't afford to repay as I had just lost my job as a Computer Support Technician with Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) and the next day my van was stolen.

To top things off, the insurance company had sent my renewal notices to my old address and so I didn't realize that I was uninsured (by two days!), so I lost the lot.

Our landlord was really nice and extended the amount we could owe him by several weeks but, finally, the bill had come through. My unemployment payments were delayed at the time too so we had literally zero income and had maxed out our credit for two weeks. We had food thanks to food parcels from the Salvation Army, but no money. It got to the point where I couldn't afford to get to job interviews as I had no money for transport.

Anyway, we didn't really tell anyone we knew about our woes and were trying to live life as normally as we could (as you do, being destitute is a bit embarrassing). We had prayed for a job or something but we were quietly getting desperate.

We went to church with the Chinese-Australian Baptist Church which was held in a nearby school hall (not that we were Chinese but they were walking distance and were good people). Anyway, someone there anonymously left an envelope addressed to us, and which contained what was to us a phenomenal amount of cash, with a note that they felt that the Holy Spirit had urged them to give us this very specific amount.

Needless to say the amount was EXACTLY (to the cent) the sum we owed in back rent, plus the amount we owed on our one and only credit card!

The next week I got a new job and could get to work on public transport but we'd never have survived without that gift. Anyway, that was the first (and perhaps not exactly miraculous) miracle. The next one, however, was more spectacular.

I'll deal with that in another post.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I've had a few things happen. For some reason when I clicked on this thread, the whole screen where the thread should appear went blank. Maybe it was just an odd glitch. I had to click elsewhere and then back on this thread again. The strangest I remember I believe because it only happened on one night were some dorm lobby doors opening up by themselves for me as I approached the buildings, 2 building lobbies, no one around. They were not automatic.
The funny thing is the first time it happened, the door opened by itself, I walked through and then this one guy in the lobby saw that, ducked, stumbled and ran away as fast as possible away from me. I was wondering what he saw that scared him so much. Another day I had a dust devil form around me and I was the eye of the dust devil completely dust free as we traveled across a college campus. I'm kind of glad no one else saw this or filmed it. I would be famous and I don't want to be famous for that. I realize most people are not going to believe stories like that so I feel comfortable talking about it. Even stranger, I met a girl who claims a dust devil formed around her as well. My first thought was that she must be lying. After hearing someone else say it happened to them, I realized almost no one must believe me. That's ok.

I believe I have a friendly ghost living with me but I don't consider that to be strange. Maybe a sign of things is that one time in college, an atheist friend of mine went into some kind of crisis. He thought there was no way humanly possible all the strange things he had seen around me could happen without something paranormal going on. He remembered all kinds of strange things I forgot about. His problem was that he didn't believe anything paranormal until he was around me. He even remembered me saying one completely clear blue sunny afternoon that I wish it would rain and then a thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere and it started raining in less than one hour. There was no sign of rain anywhere else. We got lucky. Actually that was a common occurence in a small town I lived in. Even one big city meteorologist commented on the news one night, no rain anywhere in the state except in .... the city I lived in. I used to like storms for a while. I was really lucky.

I've beaten people in some strategy games when I was younger using nothing but luck. They got angry and said they would not play me again saying something about being the luckiest person in the world. I'm not that lucky anymore. In fact I've had rotten luck when it comes to the stock market. I'm hoping that turns around.
edit on 28/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba

Please do tell, in short, of your miraculous answers to prayers, and the such, I think they should be welcomed into the thread as well. Thanks for posting!

Ok, next one.

Years later we had just moved in to our new (first) home in Granville, Sydney.

It was a small, old place in a street full of similar houses.

The second night we were there, at about 12PM there was a bang next door (the house next door was vacant). We ignored it as we thought it might have been one of our kids banging the wall, in their sleep (I did check that they hadn't fallen out of bed or anything but they all seemed to be OK).

Next thing we know, a biker (on a chopped Harley, we could see out or front window) was banging on our door and yelling something unintelligible. We carefully opened the door by a tiny crack and he was yelling "Get out, get out, the house is on fire!"

I went out and the house next door was blazing, so much so that the fire was blasting out their side windows and straight under the eaves of our "new" house, which were already blistering and smoking.

We got the kids out and next door and I raced out the back in my pyjamas and tried to hose the house down.

There was no pressure in the hose due to the ancient plumbing, so I was trying to flick the water towards the fire and was standing so close that my hair was smoking and I my face felt as though it was burning. I kept having to point the water back at me to stop from burning, myself.

My wife pulled me away and said "oh well, we'll lose the house but the kids are OK. All we can do now is pray." So we did, we just got down on or knees in our pajamas in the back yard and prayed.

As we looked up, the first fire engine arrived and they seemed to take ages to find the fire hydrant. During this time, the roof of the house next door collapsed in and the heat and/or puff of air broke our side window.

At that point I just gave up and said "OK God, it's all in your hands" (at least in my head i did). The next thing I know is there is this absolutely torrential downpour of rain, like the strongest tropical storm ever.

Within a minute, the rain stopped and I was looking up at a totally cloudless starry sky, as were all the firemen and neighbors. I'm fairly sure that the sky was also clear before the storm too.

The firemen had by this time found the hydrant and they wet the house down for good measure but the fire was already out before they had turned their hoses on.

All we suffered was blistered paint, a cracked window and some melted acrylic curtains.

Talking to the fire investigator who turned up later, he said it appeared to be an "insurance job" because they couldn't sell the house so they tried to insure it, torch it and then claim on insurance.

He then said "You guys are so lucky, I have never seen anything like last night, never! That rain just came out of nowhere".

I told him how we prayed and he said "Well mate, God's on your side, that much is true".

The next answer to prayer was in some ways even more miraculous but I'll save that for another post.
edit on 29/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My experiences are quite different from others described here, though nevertheless a "paranormal" experience. Mine have been more tele-kinetic in nature though it is not typically me doing anything by conscious thought or intent. The wildest experience of this kind happened over 40 years ago at a bowling alley, and it just freaked the people bowling in the lane next to me right the heck out. It would have done the same to me except I thought it must be a prank.

For about three frames of bowling, about 5 or 6 pin sets, I had several of my bowling pin levitating as I was preparing to deliver the ball. It made me balk or stop my approach a couple of times when two or three pins would rise up, drop and knock over other pins, or just go back up into the setter machine. I had seen Candid Camera do some bowling alley pranks, nothing of this nature though, plaster pins that would shatter or something of that sort. The only justification I could think of for this happening was a prank so I was determined to act naturally.

The young lady on the lane next to mine at one point came up to me with a very concerned look and asked, "Does this always happen to you?" to which I answered "No, not usually." with a straight face, still trying to play cool. Her and her partner quickly packed-up and left, abruptly. This only continued for several frames, no one from a camera crew approached me, and my uncle who had been bowling with me earlier had taken a break at the bar at that time returned some 15-20 minutes later. I tried to tell him what happened but he just shrugged me off as telling nonsense. I had since been curious about automatic pin-spotter machines, saw the way they operated, and as I had expected from watching them operate and speaking with the people that work with them that they could not be tampered with to do such a thing.

That was the only experience with that in particular but I have had a number of events occur of a less spectacular-looking nature occur with objects moving in strange manners, typically in some advantageous way to benefit some effort I was making. I have moved objects ostensibly with static electricity and shown friends some quirky-behaving objects moving and levitating as I demonstrated them. They could not do it on their own but were able to move their hands nearby and influence those objects while I controlled them. We all chalked it up to static electricity and perhaps some material I was wearing that reacted more than theirs. Not 100% nor always demonstrable or controllable by will and desire alone, I have typically had amazing luck or seeming influence over objects moving or behaving in some adventageous manner. As a small child I have some recollections of a sense of levitating in my bed at night as I would doze off, and falling onto my bed if I awoke out of twilight sleep but that was only when very young. No one ever saw that and I am not positive it occurred except for floating sensations I recall from then.

I am sure this next thing I will mention is not uncommon though I have really never been told or had anyone comment that it ever happens with them, but in times of high-stress events with some possiblity of peril involved I have had numerous time my brain kick-in to high-speed which gives the sensation of everything going into slow-motion for a brief moment. This has occurred a number of times to me when I may have had to take abrupt evasive action while driving, while playing sports, or on my job when some critical split-second action was required. I have never been able to willfully induce this sensation but have had it kick-in automatically during critical moments.

This has been witnessed a number of times by others and comments are often made after the event like, "I don't know how the heck you did that, I never saw anyone react that quick before." I am sure it is not too extraordinary or uncommon though and would appreciate anyone mention similar experiences. I just wish I was able to do it at will. It has not happened now for a long time as my life has been rather serene for quite a time. I am retired now and do not drive any more than I have to and don't engage in critical activities much anymore.

Hope this is not too far afield from what the OP has requested.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I too have had experiences with prayer. As well as my prayers being answered.

I also feel that all of the paranormal and things that we cannot necessarily see do really exist because they exist in the infrared spectrum beyond our visual range.

Similar to the air in which we breath....we cannot necessarily see it but it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

The reason as to why I say this is that we have many examples of man made electrical signals that too are invisible but are carrying data to and from our cell phones and computers for example.

I believe that this is what this other dimension is all about....we just haven't arrived yet to understand it fully yet or to accept it as a reality.

But anyway, back to the topic of prayer.

I worked with a Born Again Christian guy years ago who had been a very violent hit man for the Mob in his previous life. He wasn't an assassin but he broke hands and legs of people who didn't pay on time.

Anyway, he was now all about his being born again and understandably so.
I have always believed in good and karma and the what goes around comes around thing but I was not ready to become Born Again.
He gave me a Bible though, that was broken into 365 days allowing one to read a small portion at a time.

Long story short, I am a technical engineer and I love books. So I began reading the Bible he gave me.
As I began reading the Bible it dawned on me how it was really an instructional manual on how to live life positively.

To not hate, judge or demean. But to treat others as you would like to be treated.
I live by this fundamental principle and my life has been very good to me.

But one passage that stuck out was the "Ask and ye shall Receive" ....

I figured I'd try it and I was trying to sell a piece of real estate before the big crash and it worked !
The property sold in time and I got my asking price !

I have used it countless times....even recently when I couldn't locate something that had gone missing in the house/garage necessary to repair my Brakes. I asked for it before going to sleep and low and behold I located it the very next day.

I even used it to find my Wife.
I thought about what I wanted in a spouse , prayed for it and low and behold she came into my life !

I have used it for other things as well and it seems as if my prayers are always answered.
Thank God !

PEACE

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

I have used it countless times....even recently when I couldn't locate something that had gone missing in the house/garage necessary to repair my Brakes. I asked for it before going to sleep and low and behold I located it the very next day.

Someday I may need the power of prayer but quite fortunately I have never had to call on this power. The example you provide here above that I quote does seem to correspond to a technique I use when needed.

If a word I am looking for is on the tip of my tongue, if something is misplaced and I need to find it, in other instances when a piece of information is needed but out of my grasp I find it useful to stop, then formulate a question asking myself specifically what I need to know, ask myself that question, then dismiss it from my mind entirely. Very often the answer I need comes to me the moment I put it out of my mind. Some other times the answer is a bit slower to come but I will normally find the answer comes to me eventually, it may not arrive until the next day, wake up and have an idea where to look, something of that sort, but have my answer in the time I need it.

A word, thought, memory that I should have that does not come immediately to mind just seems to be hung-up in all the mind's information processing and needs a moment to clear the data bottleneck it seems. I reformulate the specific question, ask myself, then dismiss it. It comes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Those spiritual beatings you mentioned are because you are now saved.. The bad one doesn't usually waste time picking on those 99% lost ones..

I have experienced plenty of the things you have mentioned and seen legions of the bad ones on 3 occasions... every one of those times was their attempt to make me believe I was lost, but right away I realized what they were trying to do..

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
First off, Thank you OP for creating this thread!

I came to ATS in search of this and many other subjects ;-)
I never post, as it seems someone always voices what I wanted to say, & it would be redundant to repeat it agian.

I have seen spirits & orbs since as far back as I can remember. To be honest, it scred me to death! I would run and hide in my parents bed when it happened.

My brother died was I was 10. I know this sounds absolutely insane, but he used to come to my room almost nightly the first 2 years after his passing. It made me a nervous wreck. I though I was losing my mind..not so fun when your young..or anytime actually! LOL

Anyway...fastforward...I had alot of complications when I was pregnant with my daughter. When i went into labor, I died on the table. OP... I had a completely different experience than your friend.
The first thing I noticed were falshing lights....I at frst thought someone was turning the lights on & off quickly(i was have a seisure). Then I felt this "great" release from the center of my chest & I floated out. The room was extremely bright, but I could see everything in it....I could see better actually. I was aware of everyone around me. I could see doctors & nurses racing around the room and my husband looking terrified and being ushered out of the room. As I watched my husband leave....I saw my brother! He was engulfed in this pure light.. I cannot put into words...as he did not have a physical body.He was like concentrated energy in a form of a person. All I felt was this lightness and easiness and peace.I felt more there , whole, entirely who I really am. I know he smiled at me a talked to me....He was reassuring me that everything would be okay and that he always watching out for me..then told me to go.....and in a flash ...I was thrown back into my body, only way to desribe it was close, confining, restricting..absolutely horrible! I was sooo mad to come back.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My post got cut in half..LOL

guess I have alot to say....

Anyway my point in all this is, Sprirts are just people..some good..some bad, but people. I believe when we die we are free to go wherever we want, visit places and people that we loved...or hated..LOL It is just another realm of being.
There is nothing to fear!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When I was a child in Ohio, I lived in a house that to this day, I am convinced was haunted/cursed in some fashion. I saw something in the army I think was quite possibly, either a UFO, or some unknown secret technology of some sort. And there is my mother (may she rest in peace), who I believe had several alien abduction experiences, one of which I was present and wierded out for. All of which I posted about, years ago, and won't clog this thread with, unless asked.

Other than that, I have had no experiences of a paranormal nature, at least none that I felt couldn't be explained in a rational, mundane manner. However, i do believe there is some pretty convincing evidence for the existance of certain paranormal phenomenon, and am interested in evidence or personal experience with phenomena such as UFOs/alien abductions, poltergeist and haunting phenomenon, ESP and telekenesis, cryptozoology, and serious psychic abilities.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join