It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who have had some form of "paranormal" or "extraterrestrial" encounters...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am somewhere in-between being a skeptic and a believer in the obscure (ie: UFOs, ghosts, psychic, etc.) and have always been curious to hear from people who allege to have experienced some form of strange happening in their life that was a strong experience; perhaps shared with another person, and was something that they know without a shadow of a doubt, was something completely out of the ordinary.

I know I have had a few experiences that sort of felt like there was something out of the ordinary going on, such as a trip to Gettysburg Pennsylvania, attempting to take a picture in the supposed haunted basement of a bar close to a gave sight near a battle field, and having a camera malfunction with the proceeding picture after restarting the camera yielding a strange face anomaly on a picture (I know, not such a compelling story).

Recently, I was 30 minutes south of Denver on a clear night, and I decided to pull over and look up at the stars, being that I am from the big city and never get to see them. After about a few minutes of star gazing, I noticed a tiny white star that was moving east slowly, but too slow to be a plane (was a solid white dot, no flashes, very high up in the sky, very mysterious looking).

Another thing I can think of is a good friend's brownstone apartment is over 100 years old, and is in the heart of a big city. Every time I am there I see a vague, transparent figure out of the corner of my eye hovering behind my friend when he sits in his chair; the place definitely feels cozy, welcoming, and overall pleasant, so it does not feel like an evil presence, but I definitely sensed and thought I saw something.

Finally, I have a friend at work who's heart stopped for a half hour after a brutal car accident left his diaphragm muscle torn open, and he was unable to breath for that time. He was revived at the hospital just in time, and tells me he did not see anything while he was dead, which solidified his views as a non-believer.

Anyway, I want to see if any of you have anything bizarre that you feel is UNDOUBTEDLY true, and maybe changed your reality forever. The ideal person I am seeking a response from is someone who was maybe a huge skeptic of something for a while, until something shifted their perceptions, or someone who was a huge believer of something until they realized something...

I think it is fair to say that me and other people will be looking at your profile to see your cred on here, so even though newbies do deserve their fair assessment, having that ATS cred will do you good in this thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have out of body experiences on average, twice a month. Perhaps since I am growing up in the era of Aliens in science fiction, that is why the OBE manifest as alien abductions, or maybe I really am being abducted...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

it could been a ufo. It could been a satellite. Figure out the ordinances and look up where or if a satellite was crossing the skies at that time. Illuminate the obvious.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well sounds like spirits to me.Not an alien abduction..I wouldn't talk to the spirits either rebuke them or ignore them unless your getting hurt, At this I would rebuke them in Jesus Holy name..Alien abductions are not a out of body experience, how ever there are many different things that happen to us once we have been abducted..It depends on you situation..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

it could been a ufo. It could been a satellite. Figure out the ordinances and look up where or if a satellite was crossing the skies at that time. Illuminate the obvious.

Ive seen ufos before. It sounds like what the op saw was a plane way up high. When i saw the ufos they were low enough to see them quite well.My daughter saw one as well..It was round and lit with red lights and very low. I thought it was going to land it was so low..I have seen the 4 squared ones as well..Only one time..Once i saw one just hoovering it was something quite to see,,

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
I have out of body experiences on average, twice a month. Perhaps since I am growing up in the era of Aliens in science fiction, that is why the OBE manifest as alien abductions, or maybe I really am being abducted...

Usually people wont remember there abductions that's why when they feel out of place and think they have been abducted they go to a hypnotist..I was aloud to know i was beamed up and aloud to know i was beamed down,I even felt it.But was not aloud to know what happened once i got into the space ship.When your beamed up its very fast as well as coming down..Its not a outer body experience what so ever..Spirits can make you feel as if your having a outer body experience..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Where in the world were you when you saw these ufos and how long ago?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Usually you cant really talk about being abducted on any other site..This is the first time Ive been able to talk at a site and feel comfortable about talking about it..Usually a lot of people judge you and think that your lying about your experience..Here at this site well all i can say is thank you so much..Its good to talk to others who may understand and not say harsh things even if they don't believe..I thank god for ATS....thank you once again

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi! enjoyed you OP.

So I have been here quite awhile and have just now posted a few things about some strange experiences I had a years ago. At the time I admit to having a fascination with paranormal things and I am not sure if that was a result of my experiences or the other way around. Years went by and I went to college and then grad school as a science major and found that I naturally became a lot more discriminating and logical in thought when it came to evidence for paranormal and UFO related topics. I began to examine the experiences I had for other possibilities and I have thrown out a handful of things that I previously thought was true and now am not so sure about the cause. things like, maybe that shadow that I thought was a ghost was caused by a plant in the corner. (bad example but you get the point)

now with that in mind there are some things that happened that I am still confused about. I wrestled a long time with posting these things and I still have only posted a few because I only have my word and memory that these things happened and like you say cred matters here. But I also want to examine it and find out what they were and what if anything is out there.

Check out my posts and you will see one in the sleep paralysis thread and one I posted yesterday about some lights I used to see in my room at night regularly over a period of 2 years. These things happened.. period, I don't have an explanation but I am finding that other people have had the same. happy posting!
edit on 28-9-2011 by kokoro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba
reply to post by eeks4

Where in the world were you when you saw these ufos and how long ago?

Well it was about 5 years ago..I'm still living in the same place wishing at this point that i could move..I'm in West Virgina. Didn't have a camera at the time,sure wish i did..Tried to even contact area 51 but had no luck.I even called my step father and told him since he is in the military and he believed me but you could tell he couldn't talk about it..

I reached out to 3 churches about this as well.Cause Ive been fighting for my life in spiritual warfare ever since..I can see spirits at times..and have even seen one real alien..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
OP, at your leisure. Here's a thread I posted a little while back of one of my more recent experiences...

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

Take from it what you shall.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kokoro

I have experienced sleep paralysis many times and still do..How do the colored lights look to you? are they big or small.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
OP, at your leisure. Here's a thread I posted a little while back of one of my more recent experiences...

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

Take from it what you shall.

I can hear and see dead people at times..I even recorded 2 spirits on a tape recorder as well..I have so much proof by writing and drawings and have even made a testimony tape as well..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am a skeptic.
I have also had a "ghost" experience a couple times. long story short, ask for a sign of a sterio turning on and the sterio turned on right then and there.

what is a ghost? meh, I donno...but have been unable to come up with any realistic alternatives to what I experienced beyond it is a "ghost" (note the quotes around it...I am not defining for sure what a ghost is, only that thats the best understanding of the events in regards to unseen external potential paranormal action)

So...I have never seen an alien..even though the concept of aliens make total sense to me, but have experienced "ghosts", which make absolutely no sense to me...I guess the world likes to be interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I was 10 years old living in Stony Point NY. Me and my cousins were in a field that had one row of very tall trees and they were spaced i would guess ten feet apart. We were playing tag or something on one side of the trees when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. On the opposite side of trees I saw a man cross by in very strange clothes. One of my other cousin screamed did you see that! We slowly walked to the trees and looked and there was nothing. The field was very large and wide open and there was no where for this thing to hide. We ran as fast as we could back to my house. It was not til later in school when i was studying history did i see something that to this day still gives me goose bumps. We were studying the Revolutionary War and the clothes of the british soldiers looked like the same clothes that my ghost was wearing. Stony Point was a strategic town in the Revolution. Here is an article about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe with all my heart that I saw a ghost that day. I also believe it is a residule haunting, and that conditions were just right that allowed the spirit to manifest itself. I should also note that this happened during the daytime hours. Just thought I would share my experience with others who may have also had experience with ghosts or hauntings.
edit on 28-9-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am a skeptic.
I have also had a "ghost" experience a couple times. long story short, ask for a sign of a sterio turning on and the sterio turned on right then and there.

what is a ghost? meh, I donno...but have been unable to come up with any realistic alternatives to what I experienced beyond it is a "ghost" (note the quotes around it...I am not defining for sure what a ghost is, only that thats the best understanding of the events in regards to unseen external potential paranormal action)

So...I have never seen an alien..even though the concept of aliens make total sense to me, but have experienced "ghosts", which make absolutely no sense to me...I guess the world likes to be interesting.

I use to think that ghost were earthbound spirits..That when you die your spirit rises up and you stayed on earth . I learned at least i think that i have learned that once you die, you are dead.(sorry so dramatic) a priest told me that they are demons not earthbound spirits of us..I still have a hard time believing in that,since i have seen so many earthbound spirits and have even talked to them..They so look like people how can they be demons..I have seen demons as well..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by kokoro

I have experienced sleep paralysis many times and still do..How do the colored lights look to you? are they big or small.

Here is my thread and it has a detailed description. I posted it to see if maybe someone had seen anything similar but I haven't gotten many replies so I guess not lol
I don't see them anymore, this happened when I was a teenager, I am in my 30's now.

Green lights

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I had a spirit named John that lived here about 4 years ago or so..He was a residual haunting..Since the alien invasion i haven't seen him anymore and i know he is no longer here.I kind of miss him ..One night i was resting on the couch and i woke up,i opened my eyes slowly and saw a tall big man with rounded shoulders,wearing a white plain under t shirt and a base ball cap, He looked right at me and i at him,hes eyes met mine and they were the color brown..LOL he and I both freaked out,he like your not suppose to see me and, me like who are you in my home..

So I got up and ran and turned the light on and he was gone. But he wasn't i just didn't see him anymore.He has even walked through me late at night..but since the aliens came he is gone. So my question is how would a earthbound spirit man that has a residue haunting leave?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Had a paranormal experience when I was twelve, I was home alone with my dog and i heard some loud banging from inside the house. Nothing was there of course and after I sat back down on the couch, my dog started freaking out and i felt something touching my head and of course nothing was there, still creeps me out thinking about it.

When I was eighteen I seen a what i think was a UFO, where my friend and I was driving home and we seen a bright white flash in the sky that did a 180 and was gone, after both of us being quite for a few minutes we started to ask each other if they seen it. I'm still looking for that again.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have had what is either a highly vivid highly surreal sleep paralysis incident, or an alien encounter.

This event in my life has been making me crazy. In this link, I tell about the whole thing, and I also talk about another encounter I had while I was awake that can't be dismissed as "sleep paralysis".

The alien encounter that has the possibility of being sleep paralysis (although I don't think that's what it was), was also experienced by my girlfriend in the same manner and with the same kind of being that I saw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join