It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to find habited planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I dont think we would be able to do this now with current technology as they are so small, but could we not find someway of checking wether distant planets have artificial satelites orbiting? We have what 3000 going round our planet? Surely other advanced planets would have similar?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Your absolutely right, it would be extraordinarily difficult to find distant planets such as what your describing. And "advanced" civilizations, would surely enough have satellites orbiting them. I think it's funny, with all the UFO cases, and sightings... people forget about small things like that. But that's why we use radio signals... to pick up any foreign "machinery" in outer-space, in which we cannot account for. And who knows... space is vary vast, there could be a planet lurking in our own celestial backyard.
edit on 28-9-2011 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
SETI never recorded any frequencies to indicate intelligent design so there are not a LOT of UFO's, just human imagination! Unsupported Fantasy Orgasms, UFO.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Your right. But I've been thinking.. If we were to discover other lifeforms on a different planet they would probably not as advanced or might be something like vegetation or bacteria. But if we were to find lifeforms of equivalent or higher intelligence than us, then it would be likely that they have discovered us first and chose not to be noticed.

But really theres not telling what could happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Sure that would work, but they would have to be pretty big to be detected. We've found hundreds of planets orbiting stars, and that's difficult enough already, but add to that finding satellites orbiting the planets? I don't think we have that kind of technology yet, but we're on our way there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I'll tell you right now, that all of the planets are habitable. Really, Ask me anything about the planets in our solar system.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Some of the problems in detecting artificial satellites using radio waves...the speed at which they travel, for one: by the time SETI picked up the signal, depending on where/ how far it came from could be from the tens to the hundreds of thousands of years old. Even if a far-away planet were using these devices right now, their signal may not be picked up by us for thousands of years.

Basically, the probability for both civilizations surviving long enough for one to detect the other are slim, much less to be able to send some sort of answer....

The distances in space are so unfathomably massive...this is basis of my difficulty in believing in UFOs. Trying to find each other...finding a needle in an ocean of needles is one thing, but being able to freeze time while you look is another.

top topics

join