It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when Bill Clinton executed a man with a damaged brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yep. Democrats, read and weep about your precious Bill Clinton.

Death Penalty; Arkansas Execution Raises Questions on Governor's Politics

The issue was a man's life: the execution tonight of the convicted murderer Rickey Ray Rector.

But also at issue today was what the execution said about the Democratic Presidential candidate, Bill Clinton, who as Arkansas Governor refused to issue an order of executive clemency this week to halt it.

Mr. Rector died by lethal injection at 10:09 P.M. Central standard time.

And he had a damaged brain :

After shooting Officer Martin, Mr. Rector turned the gun on himself, destroying part of his brain. His lawyers said that even though he could speak, his mental capacities were so impaired that he did not know what death is or understand that the people he shot are not still alive.

"He is, in the vernacular, a zombie," said Jeff Rosenzweig, a lawyer for Mr. Rector before the execution. "His execution would be remembered as a disgrace to the state."

And he did it for what? To look though.

Mr. Clinton is among three of the five Democratic Presidential candidates who say they support the death penalty, a position that could help pre-empt Republican attacks on the crime issue.

No better than Rick Perry.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
so a man accused of a crime he committed while sane....then tried to blow his own brains out failing should not have justice carried out on?

he was charged for a crime he COMMITTED while sane and was sentenced to death...regardless he was not born nor did he developed a mental illness before he did what he did justice served.

also please change the name as i find it offensive...
edit on 28-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Uh, can you please change the title of your thread and the mention of the "retarded". That's a politically incorrect term. The man had a traumatic brain injury inflicted on himself. He was not "retarded"---that word's no good.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Damn I read the title of the thread & thought...wait..Bush was in office AFTER Clinton!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What's up with the PC police? Honestly? Black, white, gay, retarded.

Get over it people, seriously.

Really though, the man committed a heinous crime while SANE, the punishment fits the crime in my eyes. Why waste taxpayers money on an individual that is a killer and is incapable of being able to take care of himself? It's a cruel, cruel world and we don't always agree with what is right. Just think if the man hadn't pulled the gun on himself, would you all feel the same way?

edit on 28-9-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is a current event?

Now for the actual criticism, not a smartass comment.
This thread is extremely slanted and manipulates facts. Reminds me of many articles I've seen from Fox News.
You say "Bill Clinton executed a retarded man." That's not really true. He executed a man with self-inflicted brain damage caused during the crime. He wasn't "retarded" when he committed the crime, and this is the key point in both the legal precedents and how the non-lawyers should look at it.

Many democrats support the death penalty. As you quote, "3 out of 5 presidential nominees supported the death penalty." That's a majority.

I understand that you created this thread to try to put down democrats, and make them look bad; but you only managed to make yourself look bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bunnydisaster

Hysterical!

Thanks for changing the title OP but it's still not relevant to what you were trying to say earlier. It's not fair to offer up empathy in a situation where someone was given the death penalty and (claimingly) shouldn't have been due to their cognitive abilities.

You can't play on someone's mental state to say whether they should live or die. Regardless of his mental awareness, he shouldn't have been put to death.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Nah, just Bill Clinton. Democrats and republicans are two heads from the same monster.

I'm saying this because democrats were all in arms over Rick Perry executing a man last week.

So I just wanted to show, Clinton, Perry, same thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm a conservative opposed to the death penalty but the OP is graassspppiinnnggggg at straws.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
What's up with the PC police? Honestly? Black, white, gay, retarded.

Get over it people, seriously.

Really though, the man committed a heinous crime while SANE, the punishment fits the crime in my eyes. Why waste taxpayers money on an individual that is a killer and is incapable of being able to take care of himself? It's a cruel, cruel world and we don't always agree with what is right. Just think if the man hadn't pulled the gun on himself, would you all feel the same way?

edit on 28-9-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Your opinion actually really sucks.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am against the death penalty; however, I'm not opposed to the guilty party taking their own life. I find it ironic that they saved his life, only to execute him at a later date...what a waste of money and resources. They should have left him where he lay to bleed out.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The man killed someone then tried to kill himself, both cowardly acts. Clinton just helped him finish the job.

Line twooooo

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

As do you

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can understand your side and I respect it
I'm not %100 for the death penalty and i'm %100 against PC. In the same breath, if the man was mentally incompetent at the time of the crime I would be totally against the punishment dished out but the fact of the matter is he killed and most likely he had a criminal background and more than likely he was apt to commit the same crime again. It's basically picking the lesser of two evils in my eyes.
edit on 28-9-2011 by kimish because: to say seventhdoor and aggieman have nailed it in the head

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WOW! what a misleading thread title..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The Executive branch has nothing to do with crime or punishment.

i wish people would learn the difference before going on their blame game rants.

Clinton didnt kill anyone, neither has any other Govenor for that matter.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

top topics

join