It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Man Plotted to Blow Up Pentagon, U.S. Capitol Using Model Plane, Feds Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Ever notice how all of these "terrorist plots" involve "undercover agents" from [insert 3 letter agency here] delivering the goods to do the deed?

Entrapment?

Who are the real Terrorists?

so true.

i read the clip posted by the op saying that the fbi delivered what he thought was 25 lbs of C4.

then i read what the op said right underneath about the guy having explosives.

there was never any c4 or guns, he never had them.

reminds me of a friend who met a guy in a bar who tried to sell him a lot of '___'. he was a kid and the guy gave him a really low price, told him how much he could make off selling it. so the kid buys it. turns out the guy was a cop and now he is still in prison years later for, get this 'attempting to overthrow the government'

the kicker is the stuff he bought was not even '___', it was water.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Ever notice how all of these "terrorist plots" involve "undercover agents" from [insert 3 letter agency here] delivering the goods to do the deed?

Entrapment?

so true.

i read the clip posted by the op saying that the fbi delivered what he thought was 25 lbs of C4.

then i read what the op said right underneath about the guy having explosives.

there was never any c4 or guns, he never had them.

reminds me of a friend who met a guy in a bar who tried to sell him a lot of '___'. he was a kid and the guy gave him a really low price, told him how much he could make off selling it. so the kid buys it. turns out the guy was a cop and now he is still in prison years later for, get this 'attempting to overthrow the government'

the kicker is the stuff he bought was not even '___', it was water.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster

I wonder how they tracked him down!

The FBI contacted a guy who they thought might do something like this and played along pretending to be terrorists. They told him what to do and how to do it ( just like the WTC bomb in the 90's) and then when he went to do it they arrested him.

They should arrest the FBI for planning such atrocities.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
reply to post by Chesster

A model plane? That was silly. How big was this model plane? All the ones I have seen are not big enough to carry a lot of explosives on.

Again, he was silly for thinking that one would work. He sounds like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.

He should be jailed for being really stupid. A model plane? Really?
edit on 9/28/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

these jets are RC and I'm pretty sure they would pack a huge punch...
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...
So this is a single RC Turbine Jet engine.. I'm pretty sure they come bigger than the one on this plane, and you can use multiples like on this globe master
youtu.be...

Easily carry more than a kg of payload......

and an automatic 12gauge shotgun on an rc helicopter..

youtu.be...

It's possible, it's very very possible. You could make a battle ready m1 tank RC, or an F22 raptor. Our technology is goes a long ways. We don't do it, because they are expensive, if were going to lose one the government wants a life to go with it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So that's what that was!

I was coming off the Mass Pike in Framingham a few days ago and I saw a bunch of police on the overpass facing a Red Roof Inn. Some looked like they had guns pointed in that general direction. I was curious what it was...

Since I was coming off the highway... I couldn't exactly stop to see what was happening. But apparently... they were in the process of arresting this guy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Entrapment?

It's worse than mere entrapment. It's downright Law Enforcement and Intell Agency impunity. When was the last time one of these agents or informants was charged or convicted for providing material support to terrorism, which is a crime that carries severe penalties.

US Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 113B > § 2339A
Providing material support to terrorists

(a) Offense.— Whoever provides material support or resources or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources, knowing or intending that they are to be used in preparation for, or in carrying out, a violation of section [whole lot of sections] shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in any Federal judicial district in which the underlying offense was committed, or in any other Federal judicial district as provided by law.

In most of these sting operations the (3 letter) agency provides all the money, all the transportation, all the connections for acquiring materials, all the technical assistance, etc etc all they need then is the person to con into being the fall guy. Big headlines for (3 letter) agency!!! YA! "We saved the day again! Make sure to call your congress person to keep the funding flowing!!!"

And never do the actual suppliers and trainers get charged, weird.

Think how easily an FBI "sting" operation can actually turn into a real life false flag. "Whoops", says the agent in charge, "I thought I told you to arrest him on Tuesday, not Wednesday, Oh well, too late now. Well I'm sure CIA already has some country lined up to accuse."
edit on 29-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

This technology is not new. Its quite cool and you can very well see the precision you can achieve. You are looking at the future of all warfare.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Next plan of attack: explosives-laden robot nuclear submarine up the sewer pipe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Entrapment?

I'd venture a guess that they are more than entrapment, but these schemes were probably concocted by the 3letter agencies themselves. They find a less than stable person as a patsy, suggest to them a crazy plan, and then tell them they can even get them the goods to do it.

The terrorists plots begin and end with alphabet soup.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Al Jazeera has a picture of the plane.
english.aljazeera.net...

It was little. And according to Al Jazeera, he also had grenades and AK-47 assault rifles. That was something I did not read before.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I never said this was new tech. I was saying that the idea of flying remote controlled planes capable of carrying a dangerous payload is entirely possible. There have been posters saying they think that an RC plane couldn't carry 1 kg of explosives, I think they can far surpass that. I also mentioned that they can make real jets and real tanks RC because a particular poster seemed rather ignorant to the technology assuming an RC plane is a little plastic battery powered 1 foot wingspan 40 mph piece of crap, so I posted the RC Jets that can exceed 400mph, they also mentioned they were puny and couldn't carry much weight, so I posted the vids of large scale A-10's, 747 and globemasters that could probably carry plenty of weight. I showed the RC heli to prove they can carry a loaded automatic shotgun and even fire it on full auto with out losing control...

RC Technology has been around for a long long time, I am aware of that. I am also aware of how far it has come, and that the " pilot " doesn't even have to be close to the RC device to operate it. Exactly as you showed a video, the RC Plane,heli,car,truck,tank etc can have a camera, or cameras attached to it, and could be flown from great distances. An easy set up could be a wireless laptop set up with a program to run the different channels of the RC vehicle, left close enough to the vehicle to run it, then the operator could be anywhere controlling the device with another laptop, with joystick.... They could go low tech and use a multi channel RC remote as their range and programing is capable of amazing things these days.

Thanks for adding the video of a plane with a POV camera, this helps add to the way this could be carried out. Especially considering cameras can fit inside a pen these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join