It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Man Plotted to Blow Up Pentagon, U.S. Capitol Using Model Plane, Feds Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Massachusetts Man Plotted to Blow Up Pentagon, U.S. Capitol Using Model Plane, Feds Say

www.foxnews.com

A 26-year-old Massachusetts man was arrested Wednesday and accused of plotting to blow up the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol using large remote-controlled aircraft laden with explosives, as well as attempting to assist Al Qaeda in attacking U.S. troops overseas.

Rezwan Ferdaus of Ashland, Mass., was arrested Wednesday in Framingham after undercover FBI agents delivered weapons Ferdaus allegedly sought for the alleged plan. The stash included what he thought was 25 pounds of C-4 explosives, as well as three grenades and six fully-automatic AK-47 assault, a press release from the Department of Jus
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Awww not from MASS! It makes me a little upset knowing that he had access and technology to make a plane remote control! And enough explosives to blow up the Capital and the Pentagon!
WOW

ANyone have more info?

I wonder how they tracked him down!

Rezwan Ferdaus of Ashland, Mass., was arrested Wednesday in Framingham after undercover FBI agents delivered weapons Ferdaus allegedly sought for the alleged plan. The stash included what he thought was 25 pounds of C-4 explosives, as well as three grenades and six fully-automatic AK-47 assault, a press release from the Department of Justice reads.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Already posted several times.. Link.. by the way cool avatar!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The guy went to Northeastern University in Boston!

I'm watching the local reporters at his house... looks like he lived with his family. Nice house!

He is only 26 years old.

Apparently, very pissed off at the Pentagon for killing Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ever notice how all of these "terrorist plots" involve "undercover agents" from [insert 3 letter agency here] delivering the goods to do the deed?

Entrapment?

Who are the real Terrorists?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It is very easy to get remote-controlled aircraft. It isn't like you have to pass a background check or anything. Apparently he DIDN'T have the explosives...Obviously...He was arrested attempting to buy explosives and rifles from undercover feds, as I suppose the market doesn't have very many dealers.

It isn't like you can go down to the corner and talk to the guy in the baseball hat if you want to buy C-4, lol.
Interesting to say the least; possibly crazy; definitely not legal in many aspects; and to top it all off, I am not sure if this would have worked.

The radar signature of a remote-controlled plane, or at least the sizes he would have had access to, are relatively small and would most likely reflect a signal similar to a large bird, like a pterodactyl...well, not that big, but ya know what I mean.

If the plane would have gotten off the ground, he would have to be relatively close to these places for him to succeed, unless he was flying his remote-plane using a sophisticated GPS system. Because of this, I am sure he could have succeeded, unless he was apprehended due to suspicious activity beforehand.

So the only question would have been: "What kind of damage are we dealing with" after the planes impact and detonate? I just thought of something else...The detonation itself may have been relatively sophisticated, if he had already designed and or built it. I mean to detonate C-4 you would usually use electricity...

Don't quote me on this, but I think C-4 is a relatively stable compound, therefore an impact may not be sufficient to detonate it. And the grenades, if they were meant to go on the plane "as is," they were probably meant to detonate via the C-4, possibly with the pins already pulled, and the levers fastened somewhat loosely...

Well I'm glad the plan didn't get a chance to get off the ground, no pun intended, so at least everyone in the planned targets remain safe.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So the terrorists, learning that they can no longer use Airliners as guided missles have now resorted to using toys to deliver their payloads.

Lol, next they will be using remote control cars and trucks to blow up crowds of people, and maybe remote controlled helicopters loaded with real bullets...

Well, if you have kids around the age of 4 i wouldnt be buying them anymore play-dough, because they could disquise C4 to look like a box of play-dough....

What is the world coming to that insane people would use childrens toys to kill people?
edit on 28-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

In response to your post, I would say the "Real Terrorists" are our federal government/Federal Reserve and huge Corporations[/font].

"Real Terrorists"

This links to the oath of office all of our federal "Representatives" (hah hah) take when elected. "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God".

These are the very people who areTerroriststhey are attacking the United States from within, shutting down an open society, and staging false flag attacks to try and pull all of the little people together to fight this huge scary big bad boogieman, "Keeping us safe" from AL-CIA-Duh. Dividing us with the left/right paradigm bull*#@!!!, papers please- oh and by the way, to "keep you safe" we must molest you/your children when flying an airplane, riding a bus, or attending a football game.
Open your eyes and realise who the real (domestic) terrorists are.

** Its not the recently returned military men and women who are coming home to find that their country has all but disappeared
** its not the survival preppers who pay with cash

** its not the conservative christian folks

** its not the illegal immigrants

** Its not the scary Mexican drug cartels

** its not the Muslim, Jew, Christian, Mexican, Black, Arabic person or whatever- who peacefully live here and hope for a better future for their children than the stark reality WE ALL FACE! Red, white, yellow, blue, black, and polka-dotted, It DOES NOT MATTER what race/political/religious place you come from!!

Don't you understand? They are trying to divide us in so many directions, no wonder we are all confused! Red

The truth is, most of all of the people in these groups are good, hardworking people who want a better life for their children and grandchildren.

*** Its the few at the top whose thirst for power colors/corrupts everything they do.

Abraham Lincoln: " You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time".

.......................I'm on a list now for sure, *waves* to DHS storm troopers through the internet :-)...............
edit on 28-9-2011 by desertdweller1 because: typo0s

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Back in the 80s I flew into an airport west of Rochester NY -- there was a sign on the door of the FBO that warned pilots that there was a model aircraft contest near the airport. One of the planes was a b52 bomber with 4 chainsaw engines and a 22 foot wingspan -- my airplane had a 31 foor wingspan.

This could have been it

video.google.com...

I dare say that it should have a pretty good pay load.

Even more sophisticated than WW2 bombers.

www.youtube.com...

You can't limit technology.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
C-4?

do they really expect us to believe that any ol joe can make C-4?

BS meter is in the far red.

C-4 is very difficult to make, and is remotely detonated.

if he had a remote detonated explosive he wouldnt need the airplane. he could just take a tour and throw it in the trash or under a bench or in the bathroom or something, and then detonate it when he left the premises.

ive watched enough action movies to know that a pressure charge would be infinitely easier to make, and then "flying it into the captiol" would make more sense.

hhhhooooooaaaaaaaxxxxxxx
edit on 28-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

A model plane? That was silly. How big was this model plane? All the ones I have seen are not big enough to carry a lot of explosives on.

Again, he was silly for thinking that one would work. He sounds like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.

He should be jailed for being really stupid. A model plane? Really?
edit on 9/28/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster

Awww not from MASS! It makes me a little upset knowing that he had access and technology to make a plane remote control! And enough explosives to blow up the Capital and the Pentagon!
WOW

ANyone have more info?

I wonder how they tracked him down!

Rezwan Ferdaus of Ashland, Mass., was arrested Wednesday in Framingham after undercover FBI agents delivered weapons Ferdaus allegedly sought for the alleged plan. The stash included what he thought was 25 pounds of C-4 explosives, as well as three grenades and six fully-automatic AK-47 assault, a press release from the Department of Justice reads.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

Model planes, really? And, if he was going to help Al-CIAda, is that not working for the USgov? If we did not know your stance I would call this a bit fishy, coming from you...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Sounds to me like he was just re-creating 9/11, what with the remote control plane.

Amirite? Anyone?

Seriously though I am sure there's plenty of people out there that want to blow up the Pentagon. As another poster said, officials giving them the tools to do it is the bigger problem.

(Bush) Sold 160 fighter jets to Korea and then 240 tanks to Kuwait and then goes around making speeches why he should be Commander-in-Chief because, “We still live in a dangerous world.” Thanks to you, you #er!What are you doing? Last week Kuwaitis had nothing but rocks!

Bill Hicks

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Back in the 80s I flew into an airport west of Rochester NY -- there was a sign on the door of the FBO that warned pilots that there was a model aircraft contest near the airport. One of the planes was a b52 bomber with 4 chainsaw engines and a 22 foot wingspan -- my airplane had a 31 foor wingspan...You can't limit technology.
That may change.

Some states already have laws against flying planes that exceed a certain weight limit. The weight limit of the plane will affect the weight limit of the payload to some degree.

The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) has proposed a 125 pound weight limit, and NOT flying over people or property:

www.uasvision.com...

AMA’s safety code establishes 200 mph speed limits, a weight limit of 125 pounds and also limits operations to below 400 feet above ground level. “Flying over people or property is a big no-no,” Brooks said. Pilots also are required to keep their model aircraft within sight.

That same article talks about the FAA plans to impose regulations involving all unmanned aircraft, which could include model planes, so they are a little nervous. I think New York City already has laws limiting where model planes can be flown, and how heavy they can be. Right now it's up to individual cities to pass laws like that, until there are federal guidelines.

Then again, just because they pass a law against it, doesn't mean it will stop a terrorist from doing it. But someone with a plane that's way too large is likely to draw attention. If the plane is small, it can't carry much C4 therefore can't do that much damage.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I do not think he thought this plan through very carefully. He thought the explosives were C4, that in itself is something I would make sure before I thought it would be a good plan. And never listen to anyone who says "I know a guy who can get you this.....".

Look what hoops the Mythbusters go through before blowing stuff up. It's not like C4 is just lying around somewhere, like the flea market.

I am from a small town in Ohio. There is a club there that flies model airplanes but they do it outside the city limits. It's not so much a terrorist threat why the city passed this ordinance, it's because sometimes some people think it is a good idea to let these planes get out of their control and the planes hit cars and people.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
yes some explosive might get on a plane and yes it would be able ot take off and yes it would blow up, but to kill or injure anyone it would need to be very close to them. The penagon is not make from pudding but very hard reinforced concreate, its not about how much c4 could you fit to a plane with barly 1kg of thrust, but how many planes he might need.

Pretty sure one is not gunna do anything at all unless he gets it through a window into a room of people. I dont think the exact how need to be discussed, dont give any more nutters ideas!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
intelwire.egoplex.com...
Affidavit of the FBI agent involved in the case.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
these jets are RC and I'm pretty sure they would pack a huge punch...
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...
So this is a single RC Turbine Jet engine.. I'm pretty sure they come bigger than the one on this plane, and you can use multiples like on this globe master
youtu.be...

Easily carry more than a kg of payload......

some of them are freakishly fast too..

People underestimate RC. You can make anything into RC... Full size jets, tanks, cars..

As well, isn't this " Bad Guy " a physicist ? He could probably build his own RC craft capable of carrying anything....

edit on 9/29/2011 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
oh and check this out...

youtu.be...

and then this... the adult version....
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Ever notice how all of these "terrorist plots" involve "undercover agents" from [insert 3 letter agency here] delivering the goods to do the deed?

Entrapment?

Who are the real Terrorists?

While I understand the point you are trying to make,. you might want to better understand the definition of 'entrapment'.

One key point: "there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join