It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Euro-Crisis Lecture Is 'Pitiful and Sad'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think it is obama's colossal arrogance and his psychotic self-tunnel vision that interferes with his judgement about the things he says. Plus, he tells so many lies that he cannot remember them all and that trips him up quite often.. He is like the energizer bunny, and he doesn't recognize his own arrogance or bloated self pride...He doesn't acknowledge any of his failures... (it's someone elses fault), The list goes on forever...

This Euro-crisis lecture is just another example... The possible good news is that when people are subjected to the repetition of stupidity from him, that more of his followers are waking up... The big worry are all the "obama mules" that could never be woken up until their "next life" maybe..

He really is quite an embarrassment, the biggest one ever seen on the world stage perhaps.. At least the Europeans at this lecture can still use their minds and see reality; not so, for the diehard obama supporters..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

IF all you have are deflection attempts, you might as well stop now. Mods?

Stated and restated, the transcript of obama's speech is not the title or the subject of the OP.

It is European reaction to what obama actually said.

Wow

Your OP is titled...

Obama's Euro-Crisis Lecture Is 'Pitiful and Sad'

And when I post what you chose not to, HIS ACTUAL WORDS - FROM YOUR OWN OP ARTICLE AND SOURCE, you claim that what he said is "off topic" and beg the Mods to intercede??

Here, I will post President Obama's actual words from your own OP article again...

Excerpts from your OWN SOURCE IN THE OP

Obama warned Europeans that their inaction was "scaring the world."

The Europeans, he said, "have not fully healed from the crisis back in 2007 and never fully dealt with all the challenges that their banking system faced. It's now being compounded by what's happening in Greece."

He continued: "They're going through a financial crisis that is scaring the world, and they're trying to take responsible actions, but those actions haven't been quite as quick as they need to be."

I will also include a further opinion from a German Paper that directly contradicts your claim that Europeans disagree with what he said...Also from your own OP source

The problem, however, is that the US president is absolutely right. For far too long, the Europeans -- including the Germans -- treated the financial crisis as a purely American problem. They have still found no solution for their own debt crisis. Now Europe's problems are having a negative impact on growth and jobs around the world, including in the US.

Good luck with the 'Off Topic" or "Derailment" bit...still waiting on the Mods you called for

edit on 29-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The OP title - per the T&C - is the title of the article.

The content of the article speaks for itself.

And, repeating, has nothing to do with a transcript of obama's speech.

Neither does whether you like it or not.

Aside - we've already seen several examples where the written transcripts don't match what was actually said by obama, so even that makes your point moot.

edit on 9/29/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Personally, till we get our own house in order, I don't think we should be telling ANYONE how to run things. It's not like our great leaders have solved any issues......we just averted catastrophe and still have lots of momentum pushing us over the edge. We don't need to be lecturing anybody about economics right now.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While he doesn't seem to be saying anything that the UK has not said to the Eurozone.. and on both I think rocks and glass houses spring to mind as an appropriate response.

Tho I would like to point out that Obama has not been, shall we say "popular" here.. even in the lead up to his taking offices sizeable effigies of him where burnt.. (but then again any and all politicians get the same treatment, I personally think of it as some local fetish)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The OP title - per the T&C - is the title of the article.

The content of the article speaks for itself.

And, repeating, has nothing to do with a transcript of obama's speech.

The content of the article speaks for itself? But the specific "content of the article" which quotes the President does not?...What?

Aside - we've already seen several examples where the written transcripts don't match what was actually said by obama, so even that makes your point moot.

And I didn't use transcripts, but rather the reporting from your own OP Article, which makes your point..pointless.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Let me refresh you on the OP then as you seem to be having trouble with that (on numerous threads).

The latest on obama from Europe.

Does this mean they don't want him to be king any more, or does it mean he won't also be winning the Nobel Prize for Economics now.

source

US President Obama has given the Europeans a harsh lecture on the dangers of their ongoing debt crisis. Offended by the unsolicited advice, Europeans have suggested the US get its own house in order first. Obama's remarks were "arrogant" and "absurd," German commentators say on Wednesday.

and

The mass-circulation Bild writes:

"Obama's lecture on the euro crisis … is overbearing, arrogant and absurd. … In a nutshell, he is claiming that Europe is to blame for the current financial crisis, which is 'scaring the world.' Excuse me?"

"The American president seems to have forgotten a few details. The most important trigger of the financial and economic crisis was US banks and their insane real-estate dealings. The US is still piling up debt … The American congress is crippled by a battle between the right and the left. The banks are gambling just as recklessly as they did before the crisis. The president's scolding is a pathetic attempt to distract attention from his own failures. How embarrassing."

All I see are references to the European reaction to the scolding obama gave them on THEIR economy when obama clearly doesn't have a clue on how to fix OUR economy. The title of the thread is the title of the source which is part of a quote from the Europeans.

edit on 9/29/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Let me refresh you on the OP then as you seem to be having trouble with that (on numerous threads).

All I see are references to the European reaction to the scolding obama gave them

And I provided President Obama's actual words or as you spin it "scolding" in the form of an excerpt from your own source in your own OP.

Seeing as you have repeatedly alerted the Mods ...

IF all you have are deflection attempts, you might as well stop now. Mods?

...to no avail, it appears objective, rational and honest minds agree with me as to the painfully obvious relevance.

The very fact that you so fiercly fought to exclude what the President actually said from the discussion speaks volumes.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
More European quotes from the OP:

The center-right Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung writes:

"Dark clouds have gathered over the American president. The gloomy state of the economy is putting a dampener on Obama's future prospects. The optimism of the past is gone, replaced by a cheap search for a scapegoat."

And it's quite apparent that Europe does not like obama's decision to make them the scapegoat. Looks like obama has finally realized that the number of people still buying the "blame bush for everything" strategy is approaching single digits.

Even Biden is now saying "blame us not the previous administration" in this thread.

Vice President Joe Biden told Florida radio station WLRN on Thursday that voters should hold President Barack Obama, not former President George W. Bush, accountable for the poor state of America’s economy.

Conservative PAC American Crossroads circulated the startling statement Thursday afternoon, expecting it will take Democratic campaign strategists by surprise.

“Right now, understandably — totally legitimate — this is a referendum on Obama and Biden and the nature of the state of the economy,” Biden said.

edit on 9/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.
Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

More European quotes from the OP:

The center-right Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung writes:

"Dark clouds have gathered over the American president. The gloomy state of the economy is putting a dampener on Obama's future prospects. The optimism of the past is gone, replaced by a cheap search for a scapegoat."

More European quotes from the OP article...I appreciate the balanced nature of the article, despite it's title

The problem, however, is that the US president is absolutely right. For far too long, the Europeans -- including the Germans -- treated the financial crisis as a purely American problem. They have still found no solution for their own debt crisis. Now Europe's problems are having a negative impact on growth and jobs around the world, including in the US.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sticking with the letter and spirit of the OP ...

More European reaction to obama's "tongue-lashing" from the OP.

Even obama's own vice -president won't let him blame Bush any more, so Europe apparently seemed like a good place to look for new scapegoats. And the good thing for obama is he doesn't have to worry about upsetting too many donors with this approach.

The center-left Süddeutsche Zeitung writes:

"One needs to remember the context within which Obama's scolding of the Europeans took place. It was an event where the president was raising money for the Democrats and where he wanted to explain to voters why the US economy is much worse off than he and his economic experts had believed until recently. Hence his criticism of the EU was simple electioneering."

Note that these different quotes I've been posting are from both the left and right in Europe, so it's obvious that these opinions are balanced across the political spectrum.

edit on 9/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The center-left Süddeutsche Zeitung writes:

"One needs to remember the context within which Obama's scolding of the Europeans took place. It was an event where the president was raising money for the Democrats and where he wanted to explain to voters why the US economy is much worse off than he and his economic experts had believed until recently. Hence his criticism of the EU was simple electioneering."

Note that these different quotes I've been posting are from both the left and right in Europe, so it's obvious that these opinions are balanced across the political spectrum.

It's cool that you post quotes from both the left and the right, just wondering why you chose to edit the quote above if the goal was objectivity? The second half of the quote by The center-left Süddeutsche Zeitung below.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
And more - this time from one of Europe's financial papers:

The financial daily Handelsblatt writes:

"That's not how friends talk to each other. That applies particularly to friends who have themselves failed to get a handle on their own, self-made crisis. Barack Obama governs a country where, despite billions in state aid, the economy is stagnating, companies refuse to invest despite calls for patriotism, and which gets embroiled in one political trench war after another … Now this country is dispensing advice, suggestions and finger-pointing."

Now, that description of the U.S. sounds "spot on" to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

"That's not how friends talk to each other. That applies particularly to friends who have themselves failed to get a handle on their own, self-made crisis. Barack Obama governs a country where, despite billions in state aid, the economy is stagnating, companies refuse to invest despite calls for patriotism, and which gets embroiled in one political trench war after another … Now this country is dispensing advice, suggestions and finger-pointing."

Wow. Never pegged you for a USA basher? Given how often yourself and other conservatives clammored to paint President Obama as an "Apologist" or "Pawn of Europe"?

I guess all it took was President Obama actually being critical of Europe for you to start your own "I hate the USA" and "Europe is perfect" party..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Wow. Never pegged you for a USA basher? Given how often yourself and other conservatives clammored to paint President Obama as an "Apologist" or "Pawn of Europe"?

I guess all it took was President Obama actually being critical of Europe for you to start your own "I hate the USA" and "Europe is perfect" party..

Unfortunately, I had already pegged you for someone who has no problem with making up what other people supposedly said or meant.

Fact #1: I am not a "USA basher", nor have I ever been one. There are literally thousands of ATS posts to back up that statement.

Fact #2: I have never said "Europe was perfect", instead being quite critical of Europeans sticking their nose in our business when their affairs are hardly in order.

Fact #3: Shows the consistancy of my position because in this thread I also take obama to task for the same thing I criticized Europeans for doing - meddling in others affairs when you need to take care of your own first.

Fact #4: By his own statements, obama has been an apologist for the actions of this country, when many think no apology has been necessary. Obama even went as far as bowing down to foreign leaders - until someone explained to him that no U.S. president does that and that it made him look pitifully weak in the eyes of the world.

I've sort of given you a road map here on how to make your points with facts, instead of just making up what ever you want. You should try it sometime.

edit on 10/5/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I had already pegged you for someone who has no problem with making up what other people supposedly said or meant.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

aaahhh

and?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join