It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are exploring Mars for a different reason...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just finished Doom 3. I don't think we want to explore Mars!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
I just finished Doom 3. I don't think we want to explore Mars!

I dont think we will see any thing with teeth quite as sharp as that!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Why do our scientist always start that crap about "there is no life without water"!? That is only life as we know it there could be life all over the universe that doesn't require the same needs as we do for survival

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Why do our scientist always start that crap about "there is no life without water"!? That is only life as we know it there could be life all over the universe that doesn't require the same needs as we do for survival

I agree with you. people always assume that all life forms are carbon based. What about silica base, or even a lifeform based on a dense gas?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
These people who are only looking for carbon based life that requires water to exist are missing the evidence right here on Earth. I mean, aren't there lifeforms right here under our oceans that live near the volcanic vents and don't exist on oxygen?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I was watching some movie, cant remember what it was, about the U.S. going to mars set about 30 or 40 years from now. I think Gary Sinise was in it. Anyway, I rember that after they had landed, thier craft was bombarded by golf ball size metorites. Completly pulverized. I know that this movie was probably a fictious depiction of mars, but I always wondered about the metorite factor with mars. Was this actually an accurate depiction af mars? Anybody know?

[edit on 8/27/04 by Kidfinger]

Can anybody answer this? I would think that the thin atmosphere would be hardly capable of burning up small meteorites.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I love the Idea Of Teraforming Mars. I could do so much good for the whole of mankind. I hope that by the time this becomes real we will have learned many things about what we did wrong on earth many of which we are going to learn the hard way.

To start over again with a clean slate
We could turn Mars into a paradise the likes of which we never could on earth

This time I would suggest living things like mosquitoes and ticks on earth. That would be so cool being able to choose what animals you bring to Mars to start a new enviroment.

Calm down buddy...as soon as people can get on Mars...the entire planet will also become the property of massive corporations, who will turn Mars into a workers colony harvesting whatever resources they can find there. It's not gonna be any paradise.

Every generation has their great calling...our's is coming.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Very true i just had an image of Mars as in Die Hard i think it's Die Hard or is it Total Recall where their heads explode in the end?
They will probably just use Mar's as the main source of Helium-3 when earth runs out.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I love the Idea Of Teraforming Mars. I could do so much good for the whole of mankind. I hope that by the time this becomes real we will have learned many things about what we did wrong on earth many of which we are going to learn the hard way.

To start over again with a clean slate
We could turn Mars into a paradise the likes of which we never could on earth

This time I would suggest living things like mosquitoes and ticks on earth. That would be so cool being able to choose what animals you bring to Mars to start a new enviroment.

Calm down buddy...as soon as people can get on Mars...the entire planet will also become the property of massive corporations, who will turn Mars into a workers colony harvesting whatever resources they can find there. It's not gonna be any paradise.

Every generation has their great calling...our's is coming.

Yeah I have thought of this senerio quite abit. I invisioned a future war of Independance of the Mars colonies they will want to break off from earth control. They will not like having to pay taxes to earth goverment and corporations. This will most likely not come until Mars completely self sufficient colony making a good profit on their own.

I also think this stuff will happen long before Mars is teraformed as that will take thousands of years. By the time Mars is teraformed Mars will have been independant from earth for hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i think this is a great idea but before we go and "TRY" to start again i think we should fix this planet and go under ground were we will not affect the plant life this way we will have a hugly healthy planet instead of a waste land then and only then we should look at a new planet

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
oh and also just picture mars a thriving world that has just colonised earth witha small station when all of a sudden war brakes out on marsand there advanced weapons destroy the whole planet but earth is fine except the few craters we have the humans then breed more and over time spread out and forget the history
look imean look at mars it looked like it got nuked somthing bad whose to say we did not come from mars and that is maybe why we are thinking of going back there because one of the children remembered and paste on the knoledge and here we are now talking about going back

but who knows

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join