It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the "Delete All" Button for Message and Replies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Some of us do not look at the messages or replies box that often and it is convenient to just hit the delete all button after reading them. I just had to delete like 20 of them individually what a pain. Is it coming back?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Some people were being a bit lazy and trying to delete hundreds of messages at a time, and resulting in a high temporary level of stress on the database server. So we had to remove the option.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So what happens to the lazy folks who continue to let hundreds pile up without deleting them?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This really doesn't have anything to do with the delete all button. However I have sent two messages concerning the chat room. I keep getting a notice that chat room is off line. I have been attempting to find out if it is off line and for how long. Or if I have been blocked for some reason. I have been unable to get an answer to that question. Could someone please inform me of the situation. Or are my messages not going through for some reason?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

So what happens to the lazy folks who continue to let hundreds pile up without deleting them?

If it hurts... stop doing it...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I just had to delete like 20 of them individually what a pain

I just deleted 50 in under a minute...how long did it take you to create this profound thread and the other post you put up..?

More than a minute...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by hawkiye

If it hurts... stop doing it...

I didn't say I was doing it (piling up hundreds). I was making an indirect point that by removing the button it creates another problem being some people never deleting them at all and they just keep piling up.

I do not look at the replies box every other second like some people. But I check it regularly and there may be 20-30 in there at a time. if people are lazy enough to let hundreds pile up I bet they will be lazy enough to just never delete them so I am wondering if this poses a worse problem...

Also new folks don't even know it exist.
edit on 28-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by hawkiye

I just had to delete like 20 of them individually what a pain

I just deleted 50 in under a minute...how long did it take you to create this profound thread and the other post you put up..?

More than a minute...

Good for you maybe you like to do repetitious things with your hands like hitting the delete button 50 times in a row but some of us have better things to do. This is the business forum not the post profound articles that please you forum. Why did you even bother to respond.... Sigh!

edit on 28-9-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

join