It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan To Return America To the Gold Standard Set To Be Offered at Washington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Not suspicious about it eh?

Gold, Money and The Mark of the Beast 666

1 Kings 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

During the last decade an interesting phenomenon has taken root in Digital Gold [3]. e-Gold, e-Bullion, and e-Dinar among others have gained ground as popular currencies. The touted benefits include security, stability, anonymity, and low fees [4]. Altogether Digital Gold is a very attractive form of payment and a logical replacement for paper money.

From gold to e-gold, sheeples are too easily falling for it each time.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
More currency in circulation doesnt mean more "wealth" or economic growth or affluence at all.
Have a look: The law of costs

A limited (not "printable") money supply has more purchase value (higher quality), is more stable and you could get rid of the FED in the process or at least minimize their influence.
In fact this would minimize the influence of governments and central bankers overall, since they can no longer artificially regulate the relative value of money OR spend, lend, owe more than there actually is countervalue.

Im really starting to like this idea

edit on 29-9-2011 by ColCurious because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is all apart of the Grand Plan I've been touting about.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The reason this will not work is because there is not enough gold to back up the dollar.

That is why we got away from the gold standard in the first place.

I agree we need something else besides what we have now though.

Gold can't be it though. Just not enough.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
the federal reserve has the globe flooded with Federal Reserve Notes..
so the federal government/Treasury pumping out another currency would be problematic....

and would result in the same ending as did the Kennedy era issuing of Silver Certificates which competed with the FRN

its the system that needs new rules (& enforcement), not that Gold alone should back all currency...

? do we know that there is some 8,000,000,000 oz of gold in ft knox backing our treasury right now?
then how are we to know for sure that any new coinage is 100% backed by assets?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
The reason this will not work is because there is not enough gold to back up the dollar.

That is why we got away from the gold standard in the first place.

I agree we need something else besides what we have now though.

Gold can't be it though. Just not enough.

We got away from it due to the oil barons wanting to back the currency on oil and look at where it has gotten us? Nowhere.

Gold is one of the most stable commodities on the globe. The Rothschilds recently dropped gold and now is the time to do it to erase them once and for all from our system. Oil backed money is too easily manipulated.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I knew they were doing massive gold grabs over the past few years for a reason, they are moving to phase 2 of whatever their plan is

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What a minute,did I read this right?

Will Ron Paul-onomics beat Obama?

We just won't put him in the position of top dog,but love his ideas!

The libertarian Republican's call to 'end the Fed' and return to the gold standard is catching on in the GOP -- and it could shape the political year.

I get the feeling ol' Ron is getting the shaft.

The race for the White House is in full swing with the top two candidates for the Republican nomination -- Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney -- exchanging body blows like bloodied boxers. But it's dark horse Ron Paul who seems to be tapping into the deep-seated cynicism with which many Americans view the economy, the prolonged downturn and how we can stop the boom-and-bust cycle. His top target: The Federal Reserve. His solution: "End the Fed" and return to the gold standard. How do I know this is catching on? Well, Gingrich, looking to expand on his win in South Carolina and attack Romney from the populist angle, is now embracing some of Paul's economic libertarianism. Last Friday, he announced that, if elected president, he would create a new commission on gold to "look at the whole concept of how do we get back to hard money" and how we can ensure the dollar is "worth 30 years from now what it is worth now."

money.msn.com...

The OP was a seerer into the future.Whoa
edit on 25-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join