It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you tell me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
From what I can gather, If I lived in a isolated area and had never had any contact with anyone who would teach or tell me about jesus, when I died I am meant to go to heaven because I never knew the "rules" . If that is the case, these Christians who go out preaching and spreading the word have a lot to answer for. Why would they do this to people, Is it just for some selfish reason to help them get into heaven?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

You must have read my quote at some time.

lol

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

what quote is that?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
From what I can gather, If I lived in a isolated area and had never had any contact with anyone who would teach or tell me about jesus, when I died I am meant to go to heaven because I never knew the "rules" . If that is the case, these Christians who go out preaching and spreading the word have a lot to answer for. Why would they do this to people, Is it just for some selfish reason to help them get into heaven?

Negative. You would be judged based on how you reacted to the law that god has written on your heart (conscience, etc.) in your dealings in this life.

The bible teaches "Sin in not imputed where their is no law", so those ignorant of it are not held accountable for it one way or the other - I personally extend this to those who have only received perverted versions or bad examples of the faith as well...meaning, I strongly believe an avowed "atheist" might be surprised to wake up and find himself in heaven some day.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

From Matthew:

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

This means that when Jesus says stuff like "They only way is through me" and other jazz like that, he's referring to this. You do not need to know Jesus or even know of him. You only need to love and be generous to your brothers and sister as only God can judge the heart. There will be a lot of atheists and Christians who will be surprised by their outcomes. In any case, you can always get back in line.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I believe 95% of the worlds population is good at heart, although they may "sin" at one time or another. If what you are saying is right it's going to be crowded.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is this another another Christian Bashing Thread? I am going to state my case right here: A case of good verses evil. and no I will not respond to any diatribes or attacks.
Here is your answer: It is a matter of the heart: for example consider theft:
Stealing is Stealing: It makes no difference if you steal a paper clip or a million dollars from the bank. It has nothing to do with what you have taken;---It has everything to do with your heart. Same for lies etc. If no one has heard of Christ they still have a heart, and in that realm of their lives they can either choose to steal or not to. You will be judged according to your heart which is a direct representation of what you are and do in this life.
To Learn of Christ is to know better how to live a good life. If everyone made an attempt to do what is good, just and right, there would be far less murder, rape, and theft. We would not have to lock our doors nor would we need to have a police force. But we do don't we? We must be controlled because we do steal, lie, and cheat. ie Stealing software? Its stealing isn't it? Of course it is! And you don't need to know Jesus to know it is wrong! You know it is wrong even if you had never heard of God! You know. You know. It is a matter of the heart.
Someone made that software, and owns it and it has been taken from them: What does that make a person?..Well it makes them a thief! There is no difference in a little lie or a big one. It is all a lie. and everyone knows what is just good and right even if they have never heard of any religion at all. It is a matter of the heart. Being a Christian is about doing what is right. But no one is perfect. You know what the difference is between someone who is lost and someone who is not? The one that is not lost has a God to go to for forgiveness when he/she does something wrong. That adds up to "forgiven" and no judgment. The person who rejects God has no god to go to for that release and remains lost. It is a matter of the heart, and even someone who is in the middle of the Amazon who knows no god at all knows right from wrong; if their heart is repentant they can be forgiven and saved because God does know every heart,b>: If that person in the Amazon is not repentant they to can be lost.
To be sure there are lots of people out there who call themselves Christians who do not fit the bill;
And it seems all are judged by the actions of a few. But God knows every heart: period:. They too will be judged. Indeed we will be judged according to our hearts: how we lived our lives in our little cubicle of space.
Every man on earth knows right from wrong: and God knows that mans heart: We become Christians because we want to seek what is just good and right and it is an awesome experience to to the right thing when tempted to do the wrong thing.
That is human nature.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

I believe 95% of the worlds population is good at heart, although they may "sin" at one time or another. If what you are saying is right it's going to be crowded.

You believe that 95% of the people have a genuine love for humanity and that they are generous with their spoils? If this were true, we wouldn't need a heaven because society would be perfect.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I do believe that 95% of the people have a genuine love for humanity, but sadly it seems the 5% of the population that do not are running the place.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

You believe that 95% of the people have a genuine love for humanity and that they are generous with their spoils? If this were true, we wouldn't need a heaven because society would be perfect.

Well said...what I tend to see are people neglecting the things that matter (justice, tolerance, providing for those less fortunate, and so forth) to scramble and scamper for baubels and trinkets, flat screens and fancy clothes, women, shiny new cars to replace their 5-year old model, a bigger and newer house - all of the things that merely waste space between our births and inevitable deaths.

If someone is seeking to be served by someone or something else, instead of seeking to serve, they've wandered off the path.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

From what I can gather, If I lived in a isolated area and had never had any contact with anyone who would teach or tell me about jesus, when I died I am meant to go to heaven because I never knew the "rules" .

Who told you that nonsense? I'd be more careful where I get my info from, my $.02

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

the archbishop of Wellington New Zealand Thomas Stafford Williams told me that after I asked him what happens to people who have never heard of jesus or god. His reply was that they go to heaven because they did not know any better.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

The Archbishop was blowing you off. There is nothing Biblical to support his answer to your question.

top topics

join