It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERY TO BE SOLVED - CAN YOU HELP ID THIS MAN?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is a plea for help to all good detectives, psychics, mediums and operatives to help identify the man in this photo. My friend has long searched for his identity and believes he may be her biological father. All she has is this photo and a memory of seeing him very briefly- much older - at her mother's wake. He was tall and thin, dressed in an elegant suit and walked with a decorative cane. During the commotion of the events at the wake, she lost sight of him and never got to introduce herself and ask for his name. Her family from upstate New York, (Fulton/Syracuse), has mostly passed and the ones remaining claim no knowledge of him. I helped her track the photo to a White Photography Studio in New Jersey. Although the new owner of White Studio felt this photo was taken there all the old records had been destroyed. I have asked local detectives if they can help but without a name they have not been able to turn up anything. I welcome your help and hope we can shed some light on this mystery.

[/img]

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh my God. It's D.B. Cooper!

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Is that a badge he is wearing?

It might be a pocket stuffer.

If you could see a badge that might be a clue.

On the right side of the picture looks like a date (partly torn).

Probably nothing....Just thought I would point it out.
edit on 28-9-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Oh my God. It's D.B. Cooper!

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

He looks like a young version of Dr Smith from Lost In Space (old TV series)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

Its me!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh my LORD, as I scrolled down to look at the photo and stared into the man's eyes, a horn outside went BEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and I literally jumped 10 foot in the air and then soiled myself

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
maybe you should look up white's studio. someone there might recognize him or at the very least, if the owner of white's studio is a meticulous record keeper, a receipt or name attached to the photograph.

edit on 28-9-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

dude, time to switch to decaf....

to me he looks like a younger version of that one dude who's often on that show "the mclaughlin group"

I think he works for the washington post, but then the photo seems to old to be him. He does bear a striking resemblance to DB cooper though.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Two suggestions.

First. STOP SHOUTING!!!

Second. Try posting this on some genealogical sites. You might find someone there who knows the photo, and therefore the family name. Also contact local historical societies. They will know who the local family historians are in that area.

Good luck.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
put the picture on facebook. I bet their freaky face recognition thing would give you a answer.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Oh my LORD, as I scrolled down to look at the photo and stared into the man's eyes, a horn outside went BEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and I literally jumped 10 foot in the air and then soiled myself

My, you must be a jittery person.

Back on topic, please expect a lot of phoney psychics to claim they MAY know who it is.

Best wishes to your friend. I hope you, I mean they find out who it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Mort Zuckerman!!!

Thats who I was thinking of, they do kind of look alike. Maybe someone who understands how post images side by side on this site can do it. Then we can really compare.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Thank you for your comments, WhyAmIHere. A badge would certainly help, but it's a handkerchief.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Thanks RandomName. Yes, actually I did call and track down a number of White Studios until I was directed by one of them to a White Studio in New Jersey as I referenced in my original post. New owners now who unfortunately did not recognize him. Old owners are deceased and past records gone.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thanks, Klassified. I will try genealogical sites. Good suggestion. I did call the local historical societies over a year ago and asked them to post the photo. They agreed, but so far no one recognizes him.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That's kind of interesting BlueMirage. I always thought he looked like Ray Walston from My Favorite Martian.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you post this on reddit or dare I say 4chan...you might have a better chance of hitting a wider audience. It couldn't hurt and you might actually find him.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Was there a guest book at the wake - would he have signed it, maybe?

All the best!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

Will check that out Atzmaz. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join