It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Gets Closer To The Top

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I believe that Facebook is the most powerful company in the world, and it's still GROWING!!!!

Do you Agree? Disagree?

Well, if you disagree, you might wanna pay more attention to the world's number one social network!

Facebook currently has more than 750 Million users who check their profile at least once a day. About half of them spend many hours on the site. Can any other product say that??

Every single major company from Coca Cola, to Microsoft, to Prada and NBC all have Facebook accounts. Small businesses like Zynga and Popcap were either started on Facebook, or EXPLODED because of it.

Facebook has yet to touch China, dispute Mark Zuckerberg's insisting efforts, which is a huge market for it to explore and Healthy competition for Chinese social networking site RenRen.

Despite investors on Wall Street and those around the world fighting to own a piece of the social network, it has managed to skip out on Goldman Sachs yearning for a IPO announcement, which has been pushed back until 2013 as rumors claim.

Facebook along with twitter has helped stage complete revolutions world-wide. As sharing information allows people in third-world countries to realize their way may not be the best and only way in life. Most notably FARC in 2008, and the Egyptian government collapse.

Facebook has hired about 24 different lobbyists around Washington DC, a number of different people from Financial sectors such as Goldman Sachs. It's Board of Directors consist of people like Don Graham (Washington Post), Peter Thiel (Former CEO of Paypal), and Reed Hastings (CEO of Netflix). Their COO is Sheryl Sandberg (former head of Global Sales at Google)

Facebook is the go to destination for those hot shot programmers who want a secure job in a seemingly ever growing company. It is already taking people away from the likes of Yahoo, LinkedIn, Microsoft and Apple including a few hobbyists here and there.

Barack Obama was one of the first politicians to use Facebook to drastically promote his message, another was Sarah Palin.

Facebook will be joining with PAC to help fund politicians. abcnews.go.co...stablishes-pac...

I wonder what their stock will do when it finally lands on Wall Street???!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Even without China, Facebook has still reached 1 in 9 people on the planet now. If China give in, how many in 10 will it be then? 6?

I hate it. People waste their lives on it, people use it to abuse others with passive aggressive crap, air their private lives, and even tell people information they should be telling their family members first. If you ever needed a database on where people are, what they're doing, what they eat, what music they listen to, who they talk to, who they go out with, who they socialize with, where they work, where they've lived, what their number is...

Glad my account is dead.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I agree i have very strict privacy settings on there and only talk with people I actually know in real life + a few others like business contacts. But still even my friends abuse it a little too much. I find myself being on it less and less.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I believe that Facebook is the most powerful company in the world, and it's still GROWING!!!! Do you Agree? Disagree?

i disagree.

i think our 'friend' google is much, much bigger.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I had the highest security settings I could manage. The new ticker pushed the boundaries of keeping myself separate from friends of friends I want no contact with, to them being able to pretty much see everything I say or do due to mutual friends commenting.
If they ever get rid of that, I'd go back. I'm not bothered about the Big Brother aspect of it. They know where we live and what we do 99% of the time anyway, it's the little people I don't want bugging me

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Google has its limitations Facebook doesn't. People either don't care what facebook does with their information or doesn't know. Google will get sued for doing certain grey area things. As they are in courts right now!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
google would like to have a word with you
...also facebook doesnt charge people for money.....50 years from now if google doesnt own the internet i will be amazed.

p.s. for the comment above...why sue something worth millions...when you can sue something worth billions?
edit on 28-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Facebook just entered "The Billion Dollar Club" which is chump change compared to the likes of GE, Ford, ExxonMobil, AT&T, Google, AOL, Microsoft, Daimler, AG, NM Rothchilds &Sons Ltd., UK, JP Morgan Chase, Chase Manhattan, Saudi-bin-Ladin Group, Goldman Sachs, Harrod's, Walmart, R.H. Macy's & Company, Apple, Cisco Systems, Comcast-NBCiUniversal, Walt Disney Company, News Corporation Company, Tuner Broadcasting, Discovery Networks, Boeing, Lockheed-Martin just to name a few dozen.

The aforementioned spend a year on advertising and lobbying then what Facebook's total net worth is.
edit on 29-9-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Facebook just entered "The Billion Dollar Club" which is chump change compared to the likes of GE, Ford, ExxonMobil, AT&T, Google, AOL, Microsoft, Daimler, AG, NM Rothchilds &Sons Ltd., UK, JP Morgan Chase, Chase Manhattan, Saudi-bin-Ladin Group, Goldman Sachs, Harrod's, Walmart, R.H. Macy's & Company, Apple, Cisco Systems, Comcast-NBCiUniversal, Walt Disney Company, News Corporation Company, Tuner Broadcasting, Discovery Networks, Boeing, Lockheed-Martin just to name a few dozen.

The aforementioned spend a year on advertising and lobbying then what Facebook's total net worth is.
edit on 29-9-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Facebook is apparently worth some $80 Billion I doubt that these companies have that much to spend. They might do it combined. But I was talking about influence and Facebook as Global Influence and power even if you cannot see it yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Didn't Anonymous say that they're gonna destroy Facebook in October?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You know back in the 90's people had their own made websites too and linked with friends.

It wasn't until Google came to be.....that you can no longer use a search engine and find peoples private webpages/ people with similar likes.

Facebook isn't anything new.

I can't believe there are people in this world who think FaceBook has any value. (or Google for that matter)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Facebook
If you're not paying for it, you're not the consumer.
You're the product being sold.

or

One pig to another, "Imagine, a free place to live and all the food we want to eat. What a wonderful place."

top topics

join