It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Oh my God, we are all going to die."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I awoke at 5am this morning from an apocalyptic nightmare, sat up in bed, and said to my self with crystal clear clarity, "Oh my God, we are all going to die."

My dream was me trying to cook some breakfast but I couldn't find the bacon in my fridge. On the TV Obama was making a breaking Presidential announcement from some undisclosed location. I turned and watched the TV as the words came from his mouth, "There is no other way to break this news gently, so I'm afraid I must be blunt. A massive meteor 3km across is fast approaching Earth, will be here in 28 hours, and is estimated by every expert we have to end life as we know it on Earth."

Quickly my dream fast forward (I guess) to me opening up the back door to my deck, looking up into the sky and seeing this dark object coming through the atmosphere. No one was screaming, just an eery silence being torn apart by the screeching hiss and thundering shaking as it pulverized the horizon.

And in the flash I woke up, and said those words. I was so glad it was a dream, because the sadness I experienced in realizing it was all ending for everyone was a deep and powerful emotion.

Of course, it felt so real. There was nothing cool about it.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: removed extra word.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Perhaps a manifestation of your fears enhanced by what you read all the time on ATS?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's OK. If there isn't anymore bacon life isn't worth living anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ditto on the bacon
i have those kind of dreams too....still here though

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Eerie dream! Thanks for the heads up! Seems many of us are having dreams with 'end of times' themes to them. Can I ask though have you been reading threads regarding elenin, nibiru, planet - x lately? Seems your subconscious may be sending you some kind of message if so.

link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Perhaps a manifestation of your fears enhanced by what you read all the time on ATS?

After a while I realized how much it was similar to Deep Impact and Armageddon, not to mention all the crazy ATS threads!!

Despite this obvious connection, you can't shed that memory of how real it felt, if even only for a brief moment. How sad the feelings were contrasted greatly with the guilty pleasure I have of reading doom threads. It sucked how depressing it was.

link   
reply to post by outandopen

wanted to add that the Obama announcement was unique for End of the World Dream.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeistMelange
It's OK. If there isn't anymore bacon life isn't worth living anyway.

I never thought of that!! Maybe it was my sub-consciousness making a dream joke after all?? "Out of bacon?! Well screw this, the world is at an end."

link   
Now that is disturbing............okay, good lord have mercy. It was just a dream.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

link   
There is a Key Word here..

"I woke up"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
the "worst" dreams always trick you into believing in them.

like the "i forgot to do my homework!" / "i didnt study for the final!" nightmares..

my favorite was the one where all my hair fell out and my head started growing into a cone-shape...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanbuffalo1
Eerie dream! Thanks for the heads up! Seems many of us are having dreams with 'end of times' themes to them. Can I ask though have you been reading threads regarding elenin, nibiru, planet - x lately? Seems your subconscious may be sending you some kind of message if so.

Absolutely. I love reading those threads. Maybe the dream was telling me that the reality of it isn't as fun or as cool as the fantasy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
There is a Key Word here..

"I woke up"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
the scary thing is that it seems to sound similar to other peoples dreams. I've had a similar dream my self. but if it really is 3km across... 90%+ of the world is F***ed? 3km across must be like 10000 nukes going off at once

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Well, NASA is making some announcement tomorrow of some near earth object, so we will see

Even though I doubt they would tell us if some bigass asteroid was about to hit earth..

link   

Yes......Yes we are!

Line 2

link   

Originally posted by nyancat
the scary thing is that it seems to sound similar to other peoples dreams. I've had a similar dream my self. but if it really is 3km across... 90%+ of the world is F***ed? 3km across must be like 10000 nukes going off at once

Yeah, that was the part where I realized we stood no chance. 300 meters? No problem. 1000 meters? Yikes. 3km? Fuhgetaboutit.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Ever had the dream where your teeth fall out? That was one for the highlight reel.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior

Well, NASA is making some announcement tomorrow of some near earth object, so we will see

Even though I doubt they would tell us if some bigass asteroid was about to hit earth..

The complete and utter despair of knowing it's all going to end sucks. The only good part is that you would be able to say goodbye to your family and friends. The suck part is the panic that could ensue, but in my dream it was totally quiet - no mobs, no screaming. Just silence. Like every soul was preparing...
edit on 9/28/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I was having a conversation with my Cousin once upon a time...
About "End of the World" Dreams...

My cousin is 13 years older than I am,
He is very smart, I even dare to say he is wise.
He grew up fast and learned life the hard way.

I very much enjoy his opinions and insights,
for he speaks not blindly, but with full thought...

His conclusion about these sort of dreams have echoed in my mind ever since...

I have had many many dreams of this type...

But he said... and I am paraphrasing here...

"Don't you start to have end of the world dreams when you reach an understanding of 'right or wrong'.
When you stop being innocently ignorant and become accountable for your actions"

I spent much thought on his words...

and while I do believe in the prophetic power of dreams... I also believe what he said to hold some merit...

Also take note that everyday of our lives, we are reminded that at any minute we will die...
Recently there has been:
*Fireballs hitting towns in South America...
*Defunct satellites crashing back to Earth... another one on the way...
*Solar storms that have pounded the Earth
*Canary island EQ's
*EQ's in Virginia
*Threat from the Iranian Navy
*The hype about Sept. 27-28th scaremongering...

Everyday there is some sort of new "We're Gonna Die" event...

In this year alone there has been:

*March 15th Pole shift
*Harold Camping's Rapture
*Italy's EQ Prediction
*September 27th...

I know I am leaving out many many days of DOOM
But thats the thing... people claim... People get scared...Dates pass... repeat...

I am not attacking you Cryptonomicon
I very much enjoyed reading your dream.

I wouldnt worry too much about it...

I had a very bad dream the other night,
It had nothing to do with the end of the world...
but it scared me none the less and I woke up from it...
Rarely does that happen...

But it was just a dream...

I wish you well and I do hope what you had was just a dream! haha

SnF

edit on 9/28/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join