It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stupidity of demonizing the west

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
All you people who demonize the west...wheres the logic in that??

Why do people think western leaders are 'evil' - only seeking to take advantage of other peoples, while easterners, Irans leaders etc, are not....???

Doesnt make sense. Any person who undersands anything about human nature should know that the same quality of people - raging egotists - control Iran, China, Russia, etc, as much as they do America.

Supporting regimes who hate America is nothing but stupid and self defeating..would you like them to do to us what weve been doing to them?? Because that is precisely what would happen. Youre clamor in favor for 'equality' woul be thrown right back in your face.

I dont support any of these egotists...I think all of them - America, UN, EU, Russia, China, Iran etc, are corrupt. However, if i would have to choose, id rather live in a land that is prosperous and officially defends freedom of speech, liberty etc....

Also, i was reading in another thread that if a nuclear bomb were to be detonated on american soil, it would "have to be" a false flag event. following the popular narrative fostered by conspiracy enhusiasts like alex jones, Iran isnt seeking a bomb (despite the messianic rhetoric of its leader, and the metaphysical association of chaos and the return of the imam mahdi) but rather they are the unfortunate targets of western imperialism.

That is nonsense. Why would Ahamadinejad speak as he alwas does - with his pugnacious war rhetoric, if he were afraid of enflaming war?? Additionally, its a staple of Islamic eschatology that the imam mahdi, the end of days and ressurection will not come until the world descends into a state of chaos.

Therefore, Iran WOULD be seeking a bomb and even if they werent, it wouldnt make a difference. Irans leader has already spoken in negative terms. He has also called for the destruction of Israel, while funding and providing weapons to Shi'ite HizBollah and Hamas.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
what is the point of demonizing arab world??
what is the point of invading iraq??
what is the point of invading afganistan??
what is the point of killing ppl in GAZA??

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A government which has ochestrated coups and civil wars as well as supported dictatorships both diplomatically and militarily in countries all over the world including, Iran, Egypt, Nicaragua, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Panama, Guetemala, South Korea, Paraguay, Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, Afghanistan and countless others.

As well as a country which lied to the world and unilaterally invaded Iraq for no apparent reason what-so-ever. Some claim it was to secure the free flow of oil but they are clearly crazy, deranged nuts seeing Bush even told us it was not for oil.

A country which is the first true global power and has used its global hegemony in a selfish way. A country which sells small arms to waring factions in Africa.

You are right, anyone who is critical of the West (specifically America when we talk about it in this sense) is stupid.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I'm sure if it was up to you, United States would never have entered WWII and we would all be living now comfortably and joyfully under the wings of the 3rd Reich, singing "Es zittern die morschen Knochen"
Sure, US made many mistakes over the years. Who hasn't. Would the world be a better place without the US and its politics? Hell no. Utopia is a fairy tail.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Why do you start a thread about the west and then derail it into your usual crap that Iran etc are bad ??

Next you'll be back onto how the Jews are the chosen and it's all their land..

If you start a thread on a subject then stick to it..

BTW, the west have been invading and raping the rest of the world for decades..
They deserve all the adjectives thrown at them..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I'm sure if it was up to you, United States would never have entered WWII

Quite to the contrary. However if it was up to me they would have never entered Vietnam or Iraq, they wouldn't have supported torture (and even used the CIA to teach how to torture people) and they wouldn't be so hated amongst the third world. However even if the US didn't enter a European theatre I am sure the Soviet Union would have been capable of capturing Berlin and going on to France.

Mistakes implies that it was some form of accident. Last time I checked these moves were all calculated. The US didn't accidently support the Shah in Iran in 1953 to suspend parlimentary democracy and institure an authoritarian dictatorship in order to reek oil profits. They didn't accidently drop there military in Iraq either.

Sure, US made many mistakes over the years. Who hasn't. Would the world be a better place without the US and its politics? Hell no. Utopia is a fairy tail.

So this makes up for every wrong doing perpetrated by or in the name of the US. And you think you have the right to call others arrogant. I'm sure those 3000 dead Chileans killed in order to secure Copper resources and keep the Chilean market 'free' would have somthing to say about that. (remember the time you tried to guilt me because I downplayed the Hamas rocket attacks. This is like that time only this time you are a hypocrit).

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Demonising any nation or group of nations is retarded. Anybody who develops or allows themselves to be manipulated into adopting such a position is an imbecile.

The purpose of demonising something is remove your natural empathy and allow you to support or commit violence and atrocity without guilt.

You have to remain objective. The west is looking after its interests and competing with other nations doing the same thing. Its all about access to resources. Its dirty and everybody plays the game.

If reading this from the west you lead a privileged existence. You lead it because 'the west' was the first to successfully industrialise and has successfully played the imperial game ever since. The crown of empire was passed to the USA in the 40s/50s.

By all means recognise that its ugly and understand the real reasons things are being done. But before you foam at the mouth too much realise that the game will go on wether we play or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

All you people who demonize the west
Why do people think western leaders are 'evil'

Well our leaders have done some crazy things over the years, but as far as I am concerned people outside of the United States could think bad about our Government, but not our people. Our leaders do have a mentality to do evil things, you might not see it through the media facade, but it is in plain sight. Stupidity would be someone who ignores the fact that the West does do evil things. I am from the West Coast I am from Aztlan. Are you going to say I am stupid?

new topics

top topics

join