It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan, opens a museum dedicated to noodles.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I saw this a few days ago, but i hadnt reached 20 posts, now that i can make threads i thought i would share this..

with everything going on in japan, i find it kind of odd that they think that this is a good use of money..

i dont know much about japanese culture, so is it normal for them to try ignore everything thats happening around them?.

full article
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadlockxii
i dont know much about japanese culture, so is it normal for them to try ignore everything thats happening around them?.

I know a little about Japan's culture but you don't have to know much to see this is a private commercial venture, meaning somebody is trying to make a buck. You didn't expect the wheels of capitalism to stop turning because of some bump in the road, did you?

It looks to me like the investors plan to make back their money and more from their investment, so I'm not sure why you'd say it's a waste of money.

If you give your broker $1000 and he gives you $1500 back, was that a waste of money? It looks like they are trying to get payback on their investment.

So it's not an intentional distraction, however, the Japanese people could probably use one. Sitting around and worrying about the radiation won't help anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadlockxii

I lost a few good friends on the 11th. Since then, I've been out on the town a fair few times, seen a couple of movies, even been to a couple of museums. Apparently that makes me a bad person in your eyes.

Enlighten me with your scottish wisdom. How long should I avoid taking any pleasure from my life? How should I be spending my days, six months later?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
From what I know about Japanese culture, it is common to say everything is OK when everything is really not OK. The people are not as open with each other about their true thoughts, feelings and intentions, as the rest of the world are. I have not been to Japan myself, but I have been studying their culture for a while now as I am planning to get a working holiday visa and live over there for a year (I may have to visit this museum when I get there
)

That aside, as has already been mentioned this is a private commercial venture as things are very much 'business as usual' in Japan despite the disasters they have faced recently.
edit on 13-10-2011 by TetsuoIronMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join