It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyones Cat Freaking out? [update]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
[iTake that cat, put spots on it instead of stripes, leave it in that position, put it in a chair inside the house for 11.5 hours, put in the sun out on the driveway for 11.5 hours, allow 1 hour for eating and pooping and you have my cat's normal routine everyday including today. In other words all's quite in Cocoa Beach Florida!!!!!!!]reply to post by LeTan

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
reply to post by wigit

My cat is like that, be careful or yours will get worse.. mine is now so spoilt if it's raining outside and I respond to his usual 'I want to go out NOW' tantrum, he'll sit there when I open the door, looking expectantly at me to make it stop.
Yes, because I can control the weather to suit your needs can't I cat???

Haha reminds me of my little fella who had to have a leg amputated - so was housebound big time, but I had to let him out occasionally to do his business.

Meowing at the door, I open the door... it's only 3:30am, no worries... but he'd just sit there as if to tell me, Ok, now what?

And if he did go out, he'd sniff around and wind his missing leg at the ground. Bless him. And after all that, just sit there and stare at me.

I think he was shy. lol

Crazy lovable creatures cats. anyone who cannot see a cats personality, most likely cannot see it in humans either.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeguyman

Howdy, dudeguyman - great username by the way!

Reporting from outside NYC here and my two kitties have been acting whacky for a couple of months now.
Then again, life has been strange for a couple of months now, ya know?

Anyway, they've been alternating between hiding in unusual spots and acting really aggressively toward one another - both uncommon traits for these two who have been together for years - plus they're both grooming themselves excessively which typically indicates stress. Not sure if they're feeling the funkiness in the air themselves or if they're picking up on my vibe; either could be the case and the vet seems to think it's probably a combo of both (she is of the belief that animals ALWAYS sense things before humans). One more thing and this is totally new - they're both "talking" in their sleep (swear I'm not making this up) - now, I've seen their paws twitch while sleeping but never heard them make sounds. Those must be some pretty intense dreams! I have no clue if there's anything to it but I'm not too concerned.

Oh and before the inevitable reply comes from someone reading this, I already took them to the vet to make sure it was nothing medical and nada.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
yes, my cat has been stockpiling pigeons. i have about 15 of them right now in the garage. i also noticed he nudged the flashlight off the garage workbench and carried the first aid kit from the bathroom to the garage.

he's also sleeping under the car at nights and is only eating half rations. the rest, he takes in chunks and runs outside.

i suspect he has a family to feed, because he stays out all night.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My lovely (and very strange
) cat has been acting incredibly odd for about two weeks, even for his usual personality which is out there. He sits on the back deck where the steps are and stares all day, like he is on guard! It was funny for a while, he will run in when you open the door and scarf down some cat food and then beg to go back out. He has some serious seperation anxiety right now, he was never very affectionate towards the Husband but now if Husband goes for a walk he follows him the entire way. If Husband has business inside somewhere, he will jump up on the window ledge and watch and wait, then follow him home!

When cars drive by he crouches down really low and will stealth-track them until they are out of sight. The most unusual thing that has started over the past week is that he will only sit in my flower pots outside. He climbs in the pot, with flowers and everything, and curls up so he fills the whole thing up and goes to sleep. I don't get it! Being in the mountains of the South East, I don't think it could be quake related at all, but he is certainly on the edge. Odd booger!
edit on 28-9-2011 by ValentineWiggin because: What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

What the heck was that sarcastic comment about? It is true that animals sense earthquakes... it actually will mess up birds in flight... animals migrating..etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My dog has been acting on edge for weeks now. She will bark at anything...and nothing. Our other dog doesn't seem to be as antsy. I was in a stores' parking lot the other day and the trees were full of birds and they were extremely wound up and very loud, it was weird.
Oh, almost forgot, I am in Denver.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My cats are fairly normal right now.

If anything maybe a little more affectionate lately.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No problems with my cats, however my dog was glued to my legs yesterday, shaking from head to toe!

That could be explained if we had been having a storm- he gets freaked out by thunder and lighting-
but yesterday was a beautiful, sunny calm day without a cloud on the horizon!

It's early morning now and he doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I'm in southern France.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have a lovable pit bull and a long haired cat. Normally, they just acknowledge each other and respect their own areas in
the house. However, this last week..... They have been nuzzling each other, and the cat... goes out on to the outdoor porch at night and meows these long , guttural, base tone meows.... really loud. The dog has been staying by my side a lot more, and if I go somewhere in the house, he is following me and just lies down next to wherever I sit.

Kind of freaking me out, but they both are happy and eat regular, just these anomalies. What could be read in to this change in behavior, I have no clue.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Nope. The two of em have been their normal selves. Which provide me with plenty of amusment.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes. Chasing me around the house. herding me into corners and then meowing at me scoldingly. I have been constantly checking the big three ( cat box, water, food) trying to keep him off my back. He does this till he runs out of steam and then bides his time until I become horizontal and he can park himself on my chest and stare at me.

He has only been like this occasionally over the years but lately it is all the time, more than a week. So for whatever it may be worth; yes my cat is freaking out.

I'm in SoCal.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Frater210 because: where i is

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nope, the dog in our house has been acting normal, maybe you should take your cat to the vet?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Damn that cat is beautiful, I want one.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My cat has been acting odd the last few days. She has arthritis in her back hips, so she has not been upstairs or downstairs in atleast a year. She confines herself to the main floor. The past few days she has slept upstairs twice, and has been coming to the litterbox in the basement from time to time. We have all taken note of her being weird, but never thought of earthquake. I hope to god this is only a coincidence...

edit on 29-9-2011 by razor787 because: Added location

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dudeguyman

www.fws.gov... I live on that lil jaunt of land at the top of the pic. Should I be worried? The hwy is 101 located on the central Oregon coast btw.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
PS

www.oregonlive.com...

Oh hogwash!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
welcome fellow oregonian..... my kitty was freaked last night she's sleeping now. i think its been a while since oregon has had a BIG quake.

About 311 years since.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
SoCal here and all 5 of my cats are normal (?? lol )....maybe more affectionate?? Actually my neurotic
female Sophie isnt crying in her sleep as much and has quit her bulimic vomiting!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

As Dudeguyman seems to be offline at the moment I hope he won't mind if I answer your question.

EDIT to add: I just noticed you posted earlier and you know about the "311 years". So much of what follows may be known to you. All the same I'll let it stand as it might be new info for some other members. (End edit.)

Should you be worried? Probably not. It's unhealthy to stay worried over things that you can do nothing about except be prepared. But you should definitely be aware of what's possible in your location and have your plans laid well in advance.

You are living in an area that's very low-lying and when the next Casacadia "megathrust" quake occurs, it's possible that besides the intense shaking that could last for some minutes, a tsunami up to around 50 feet high could come ashore along that part of the PNW coast. In some places it could even be higher, in other places less. Assuming an equal amount of wave energy it simply depends on the lie of the land by the coast.

You've doubtless seen the videos from the huge megathrust quake that Japan had back in March this year (11/3/11) and so you'd know that in some places, even 30-foot-high reinforced concrete sea walls were not enough to prevent their coastal towns and villages from being inundated.

Notice I said when the next Cascadia megathrust quake occurs -- not if, because scientific opinion is that it's a given. In geological terms, the next one is "imminent", but don't take that the wrong way. It's been 311 years since the last one in the PNW and could be hundreds of years til the next one, as sometimes they've come at intervals of over 500 years and even up to 1,000 years, but there have also been events that were "only" about 300 years apart. That's why they say it's "imminent", because geologically, the next quake is now in the time window. It does not mean that they are expecting one any day, only that based on the evidence it could happen at any time.

This is one reason why there are tsunami warning signs in the region and escape routes marked and so forth. They're not just for a possible tsunami that's traveled across the ocean from Japan, they're also in case there's one just offshore -- like maybe only 60 miles from the beach.

Simply put, if you're at home and you feel very strong shaking from a quake (and believe me, if there's a megathrust you will know about it!), grab the bug out bags and the spouse, kids and dog etc, and get the heck out of there to high ground pronto. Don't wait for any "official" warnings because in the event of a huge quake just off the coast, there may only be minutes to get away before the first big waves arrive.

This applies for anyone living near the PNW coast in low-lying areas!

Here's the first of five videos about what can happen in your part of the world. It's an excellent documentary that explains the facts in an understandable way. The experts who comment are genuine -- they're not just youtube wannabees
-- and they include some of the geologists who actually proved that the PNW has megaquakes and tsunamis. Okay it's around 50 minutes to watch all five parts but considering where you live it's got to be worth watching: one thing they make clear is that there may be little or no time to give a tsunami warning.

You recall that many of the Japan videos were shot by locals as they moved to high ground -- even before they had a clue of how big the tsunami would finally be. But the Japanese know about these things, so most of them take no chances and get to safety if they can. Yes, many were lost, but many more would have died if they'd stayed put and just waited for instructions from the local emergency warning system.

I repeat: there is no point in worrying too much. But make sure you are fully aware of what's possible, based on what's happened in your region before. For anyone living or working near the PNW coast in a low-lying region it's good sense to have an escape route figured out ahead of time -- one that's available day or night and preferably doesn't require crossing bridges which could be damaged or brought down in a major quake.

Here's a very short video about your region and the 1700 quake and tsunami:

If you want links to scientific reports, maps and so on about the Cascadia Subduction Zone and the last big quake there, just send me a U2U and I'll get back to you with info that you can cross-check and verify for yourself from reliable sources. Many of them were written by people from universities and geological services in your part of the world and they know their onions. Your part of the coast is at risk from a mega-quake and its following tsunami and the more you know about the better. Being prepared is everything.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 29/9/11 by JustMike because: typos and stuff

edit on 29/9/11 by JustMike because: I did an ETA.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join