It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2011 SO5 coming close to earth tomorrow. NASA will be holding a press conference tomorrow o

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Asteroid 2011 SO5 will be coming close to earth September 29th and 30th... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... NASA will be holding a near earth object news conference tomorrow the 29th at 1pm eastern time... www.spaceref.com... We actually had a close asteroid SE58 that came near the earth on September 27 when Obama was in Denver. There were also people from NASA in Denver on the 27th. So what do you think NASA is going to tell us tomorrow?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
So what do you think NASA is going to tell us tomorrow?

Something boring that won't deserve the amount of hype it is bound to get...

Just like every other NASA announcement...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't think we have much to worry about with 2011 S05 as it will be more than 5.6 LD from us. The asteroid that passed yesterday (2011 SE58) came closer than 1 LD and nothing happened. (1 LD = 1 lunar distance or 384,401 km).

As for the announcement tomorrow, I have no idea and have stopped trying to guess what NASA will say.

Try not to worry!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

get out your cams and recorders its gonna be one hell of a cool light show! prime example this!

As the comet approached the Sun, it continued to brighten, shining at 2nd magnitude in February, and showing a growing pair of tails, the blue gas tail pointing straight away from the Sun and the yellowish dust tail curving away along its orbit. On March 9, a solar eclipse in China, Mongolia and eastern Siberia allowed observers there to see the comet in the daytime.[19] Hale–Bopp had its closest approach to Earth on March 22, 1997 at a distance of 1.315 AU.[20]

i remember seeing this bad boy with my own two eyes...man was it beautiful im pretty sure it had a 25mile diameter to...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

They'll say "Standard procedure as follows - place head between legs with arms around your the back of your neck and kiss your a-- goodbye"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I had a dream about an asteroin/comet or the hugest nuke ive ever seen(but it felt like an asteriod/comet) plunging into the earth... It hit in the meditarranian ocean area

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

its not a comet though
second line

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Im sure it won't be earth shattering news.
( pun intended)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

They'll say "Standard procedure as follows - place head between legs with arms around your the back of your neck and kiss your a-- goodbye"

Can I use my seat as a flotation device?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by Calex1987

its not a comet though
second line

i understand that but people are freaking out about a meteor which is much much smaller and when this massive monster passed by no one was screaming they we're in awe at its beauty....now a days someone says meteor and people are like AH MUH GAWD ITS THE END OF ZEE WORLDS!
edit on 28-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevecc
Im sure it won't be earth shattering news.
( pun intended)

if it were earth shattering news, i doubt NASA would be announcing it.. I think that job would be given to mr obama.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wonder why the original thread on this was 404d?
Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

I have noticed on NASA's JPL that they say it is a code 8. People are saying that is certain impact. Does anyone have a link to what a NASA code 8 is?

This is what some people are saying:

Torino scale
8. A collision is certain, capable of causing localized destruction for an impact over land or possibly a tsunami if close offshore. Such events occur on average between once per 50 years and once per several thousand years.
edit on 28-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just curious if anyone has come across any videos of asteroid SE58 from yesterday? With it coming relativly close you would figure there would be tons of video and people repoting it as a ufo sighting.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

I have noticed on NASA's JPL that they say it is a code 8. People are saying that is certain impact. Does anyone have a link to what a NASA code 8 is?

Torino scale
8. A collision is certain, capable of causing localized destruction for an impact over land or possibly a tsunami if close offshore. Such events occur on average between once per 50 years and once per several thousand years.

This may help www.universetoday.com...
also neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 28-9-2011 by stevecc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
NASA condition code 8 ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

MPC "U" parameter: orbit uncertainty estimate 0-9, with 0 being good, and 9 being highly uncertain

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just been flicking through the jpl site this asteroid is also code 8 - 2011 SF25

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe they found water on an asteroid, flowing water!

Quick set up a press conference so we can legitimize our existence, other than sending rockets into space...

We saw this thing in the sky, and it's kind of special, end...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevecc

reply to post by kwell

Torino scale

This may help www.universetoday.com...
also neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 28-9-2011 by stevecc because: (no reason given)

It says a collision is CERTAIN....neo.jpl.nasa.gov... the link you gave gave a link to NASA and it says it is certain that there will be an impact. Oh please, please correct me if I am wrong

top topics

<<   2 >>

join