It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would NASA reveal a disaster or hide a disaster

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is another example of NASA revealing information to the public and seeing a benefit from that effort.

Citizen Scientists Making Incredible Discoveries

This is people examining the Sloan catalog. It is the same images used by Google to produce Google sky with its blacked out boxes. For those that think that is a conspiracy of some kind please understand that there are other people picking through the images with great care.

Zooniverse now offers several citizen science projects, including three more using NASA data. Moon Zoo volunteers use data from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter to count craters, helping write the history of the moon. Milky Way project participants scour infrared images gathered in two NASA Spitzer Space Telescope surveys of the Milky Way's inner regions. They help astronomers catalogue intriguing features, map our galaxy, and plan future research. Zooniverse's Planet Hunters are helping NASA's Kepler telescope find stars likely to host planets.

You can wither on the conspiracy ideas or become an amateur observer with the potential of finding something incredibly interesting.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The governments would never tell us truth about something like the end of the world-not until they had the upper echelon and all the elite in their bunkers -it would cause panic and riots

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aprilc1

I agree that it would not be in their interests to tell us. However, that would actually be totally irrelevent as the world is absolutely teeming with amateur astronomers who would blow the whistle as soon as something was observed. Unfortunately for TPTB, education and ability has reached the stage where they simply wouldn't be able to cover it up IMO

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprilc1
The governments would never tell us truth about something like the end of the world-not until they had the upper echelon and all the elite in their bunkers -it would cause panic and riots

I totally agree with your statement..Or at least the government would down play it...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by stereologist

I dont NASA would have the power to hide such a disaster were it impending to the point that any astronomer could see it. I mean there are people all across the world observing the universe all the time. Im pretty sure at least one of them would hit the net and share their discovery.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Was anyone able to watch YU55 pass by? I was not able to see it with my scope. Maybe it was not large enough. I did watch Jupiter for a while. Saw one of the Galilean moons cast a shadow on the clouds of Jupiter the other evening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join