It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiappa Arms Goes All-out NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In a bold and completely retarded move Chiappa wipes out all of their projected US sales for the foreseeable future.

Chiappa will insert an RFID chip into all of their firearms.

"The information on the microchip can be rewritten several times" and "the chip is very difficult to remove ... accompanies the weapon forever providing all the information gathered regarding its production ... and the registration of the gun and the owners details."

The Firearm Blog

Really stupid inventory decision or a trial run for all manufacturers indicative of a greater conspiracy?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
sounds like that film judge dread, except its real.

I only have one opinion when it comes to rfid chips, weather its on a wrist band for a festival, embeded in your phone or in your clothes apparently is the new trend...microwave the sucker.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They are going to make it harder and harder for gun owners and future gun owners, they already are going after the bullets.

start stockpiling your ammo and guns sooner than later.

as to rfid thing, been looking into small broad spectrum signal jammers (cell, radio, etc), seems like that could be an investment.
edit on 28-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I wouldn't really worry too much about this. From what they are saying it will take very little pressure from consumers to kill the idea. Not only that, the original idea was intended to be in house from what I am reading.

Since our project is still in a phase of development – our goal was to implement the RFID system in spring 2012 – we still have plenty of time to develop a similar system, but employing a removable label instead of a chip inlet inside the receiver. This label made of plastic material can be applied to the trigger guard of the weapon, follow throughout the production cycle and be removed prior to marketing or by the customer. The US consumer can rest assured that Chiappa Firearms is placing the customer’s interest first and foremost, while developing the most efficient method of firearm manufacturing possible.

Emphasis mine. I don't see many Chiappa firearms here in the states except for their inexpensive 22lr 1911's and a couple of other low end firearms. If they do manage to keep this RFID chip in the weapons after production it will surely kill almost all of their sales here in the states.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have yet to see any Chiappa products here at a local gun/pawn shop. Guessing now I not going too.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That chip is going to give the same data that they could get by running the gun's serial number. So if your gun is stolen, they will know it is yours even if the serial number is filed off.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
That chip is going to give the same data that they could get by running the gun's serial number. So if your gun is stolen, they will know it is yours even if the serial number is filed off.

That depends on the state.

There is no registry in NH so that serial number isnt tied to anything but a form in a basement file cabinet of the shop you bought the gun from.

The article goes on to state that the RFID chip can be re-written many times over which makes the "anti-theft" concept null and void.

There's also the reality that often times a recovered firearm is never returned to the rightful owner even when it's blindingly obvious who the owner is. Police crap ties the gun up and the owner never sees it again.

In an ideal world with once-written chips and honest, efficient police I would agree with the recovery concept. But in this world it's a non-starter.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
wont be long until the ATF makes this another one of their regulations....because of violence on the border....but dont worry they only plan to introduce "common sense" measures as old J carney says

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

They will get serious resistance about it if they try it, count on that. In my home state, a bunch of banks TRIED requiring thumbprints to cash checks. ONE bank didn't, and GUESS where everybody moved their accounts to? :-) That's all it takes, people, organized, passive resistance. We outnumber our enemies by 10 to 1 and we have the guns, they do not. We are in the right, they are wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just too Canadian, but what's the big deal if a gun has an unerasable imprint? I can see some real benefits to this, such as being able to trace guns in the illegal arms trade back to the people who let it go and maybe actually get some *real* progress in stopping illegal arms in Africa and places like that. I register my guns and keep them safely locked away, out of the hands of children or adults who have not been trained in gun safety. This protects them from injury and protects me from liability.

new topics

top topics

join