It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens 'responsible' for ancient knowledge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Not sure yet what I believe, but I have always wondered why so many cultures, from every corner of the world seem to have the same stories of "Sky People". I guess if your religious, you could say angels, but I'm not buying that.

In the Shawnee culture, we ARE the "Sky People". The legends say we were lowered from the sky in a basket by the creator, 12 people to start out with. We encountered you mere humans along the way to finding a new homeland, but elected to settle among you rather than blot you out - so long as you didn't pick fights with us. Them mere humans as picked fights got dealt with rough, even though we didn't have any of that superior alien tech that you see bandied about.

Yeah, legends speak of Sky people, but they're just legends... or maybe I'm an alien? You decide....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
All ancient civilizations had their Gods or Sky people.They were all far away from each others so i don't know how did they all had Gods and Sky people.Maybe because Aliens visited and tech them?Or they were seeing UFO-s as we do today?
You say it's only legends.But how it could all be legends?
It's not logical.

Or our ancestors had a very big imagination or something did happened.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
Let my post a theory.

Asume there is a higher being. Asume that all that exist is him/her/it. One day this being devides himself and all souls are created and the reality we live in gets born also in this big bang. Life is created by evolution that is the "All" masterplan. He even make evolution his goal of the souls. The souls get to be animals first and learn from the experiance. Asume that evolution in the end reaches conciousness on planets a long time ago. This life evolved and some soul reached enlightment. These souls are what we call angels. Wether the "All" is concious or the Angels with perfect communication is the thing we call god makes no differance. Say that these enlightened being changed the dna och animals so we could reach conciousness and sometimes came back to help us in our social, spiritual evolution. The reason for life is to evolve to a higher more harmonic being. And there is a need for planets where more enlightened people can evolve in peace. There is also a need for planet where the souls that havent evolved enough to be harmonic can evolve. See the differance in the humans around you. Some people are more animal that human and some are increadbly nice. Some are honest and some are very controling and manipulative. There is no race to be the souls that evolves first. All souls will need to be evolved and the ones that are further on will have to help the stragglers. And if we look at the animals there is a lot of stragglers left
. Maybe the religous are right and there is a change comming and some will be in an enlightened place and some will be in the other place where the people around them is not so evolved because they need to be able to behave before they can join the enlightend.

I agree with you on these viewpoints! I am in the middle of the new book by David Wilcock called "Source Field Investigations" and it is packed full of back-to-back scientific studies and experiments that confirm many of these theories.

I also believe that ETs played a part in shaping most of the worlds modern and ancient religions. All of them involve celestial beings visiting mankind and imparting wisdom and knowledge, performing miracles and demonstrating supernatural abilities. Obviously SOMETHING has to account for all these religions having so many similar "supernatural" encounters. Then couple that with Greek and Roman mythology, and also the legend and myth surrounding other megalithic monuments and cities around the world (such as in Mexico), and it seems like a much more complete story.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I also believe crop circles are a real ET phenomenon that should be studied closely. There are many encoded messages within them, and most are exquisitely beautiful and complex.

In fact, crop circles have been reported as far back as 850 CE, and increasingly so ever since then. They REALLY picked up in frequency after the atomic bomb was first tested, and so did the number of worldwide UFO sightings.

I'm utterly fascinated with how much "truth is stranger than fiction". Modern science and metaphysics are discovering much evidence supporting multiple dimensions and the reality of one single "source field" that we are all connected to psychically through our pineal gland. Also the influence over reality and matter that we all possess through the power of focused thought and intent (meditation). Exciting!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
It's a reasonable question. You know what would be a nice thing for them to have done? Put a satellite in geostationary orbit (no, not the Moon) that would plainly and clearly indicate to all of us lowly hominids that they exist, or existed, and what our place is here. It would be a lot more obvious than the Pyramids.

Anyway, I'm with you. Considering all the things these Ancient Aliens COULD have done, they sure picked some things that are pretty paltry and obtuse.

Have you been reading up on Duncan Lunan? He claimed just such a satellite to be in existence, pointing to Epsilon Aurigae as it's point of origin, if memory serves.

Oddly, I don't think anyone else has ever found this alleged satellite....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

Can you name one thing that is present everywhere on Earth?

I can. The sky.

The sky can be seen from every single point on the surface or the Earth. Every single point also has a period of time called "night", when stars can be seen. Those stars fascinated ME as a child, before I had even the slightest inkling of what they really were.

I don't consider myself to be particularly more advanced than, say, the average Cro Magnon. I'd bet dollars against donuts that those same stars, although in slightly different positions, fascinated them, too. The earliest attempts at science involved the study of the stars, in Sumeria, and even before.

The Milky Way? If you don't know it's looking at the edge of the galaxy, it looks like a path among the stars. many ancient cultures comment on that very thing. What is a "path" on the surface of the Earth? it's a bare spot, linear in nature, beat out by organisms moving from one place to another. If you follow a path, it will lead you to something. Every time. Why would a path in the sky be any different? Obviously, it will lead you to something.

Paths often lead to other villages of Cro Magnons. Of course, Cro Magnons don't live in the sky (well, until they die, that is). What could that Sky path be leading to, then? Villages of Sky People (or dead Cro Magnons, of course).

I can't see why Sky people would be a stretch of the imagination, stumbled upon by a single culture in a single place, when the same Sky and the same Sky path is visible to EVERY culture.

Then again, there's always the possibility that I really am a Sky Person, and your Lord and Master. I'll let you decide for yourself which explanation is more likely.

edit on 2011/9/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, legends speak of Sky people, but they're just legends... or maybe I'm an alien? You decide....

Yeah, I believe we are probably the aliens everyone is looking for. Sometimes the most obvious things can be the most oblivious. Who knows maybe we had an idea of ancient knowledge implanted into our brain, and the people of ancient times built what they visualized. Interesting nevertheless. S&F

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaez

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Voldster
I've been watching this stuff for the past few weeks. My question is, if Aliens were really participating with human development, why didn't they teach us how to make their advanced technologies actually advanced? And not made of stone or pottery or even be questionable in the least as to their function.

It's a reasonable question. You know what would be a nice thing for them to have done? Put a satellite in geostationary orbit (no, not the Moon) that would plainly and clearly indicate to all of us lowly hominids that they exist, or existed, and what our place is here. It would be a lot more obvious than the Pyramids.

Anyway, I'm with you. Considering all the things these Ancient Aliens COULD have done, they sure picked some things that are pretty paltry and obtuse.

My theory is that the ET's that were here and made us were not interested in teaching advanced technology to ' the help'.

Also, they couldn't have cared less if we would have 'proof' of them being here or not....it was not about that. They were not wondering, 'Gee, how are we going to prove to the future generations that we exist and were here".

They came on a mission. Mission accomplished. They are gone.

What mission is that? The one I believe you are referring too is the mining of Gold... If so, done? Gone?

We've been going through great lengths finding all the gold we possibly can around the globe... seems to me like we've been performing for them quite well. Some might say it's the basis of our current civilization (moolah booyah!) and "makes the world go round". Postulating they do want gold and they do have very advanced technology, why would they leave? We've been working our butts off for them for millenniums, very well I might add. Just because you see no owl in the dark, do not mistake the hoot as a force of nature.

Hell, they probably run the Cash for Gold mail in business ^^)

All joking aside, just because you and the masses do not know where they dwell, that does not mean they do not dwell.

Why would they make themselves known and possibly toss their nice little gold machine into total chaos and instability or revolution? Ever hear the phrase "what you don't know can't hurt you?" Humanity is descent at solving problems, but one most know there is a problem first.

peace peace

Well said and I pretty much agree with most of what you said.
I tend to lean towards alternative theories concerning "aliens" not necessarily being from outer space flying around in nuts & bolts spacecraft (not to say they do not exist)

I often wonder if most are not looking in the wrong places to begin with looking to the sky & space,when they could very well be right below our feet,within the earth or entirely from another dimension all together!

my personal research & opinion strongly points to these two theories being more than likely the case,a perfect distraction if you ask me,if true,as we can all see,it has been working thus far.

for my own confirmation,I see time after time people use the light speed /interstellar space travel scenario consistently for instance as one example.

I believe "something",some kind of for lack of a better word,"Alien" intelligence has been interacting with us for a very long time,their motives and definitively what that intelligence is,I am still unsure.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I am Acquainted with Mr. Herschel. I have sparred with him, mano-a-mano, over his shenannigans. I believe that there is a very real possibility that he may actually hate me, personally, as well as a few others here at ATS.

Here's an example of a post he made about me on his Facebook page after I released the book:

Wayne Herschel
Yes... this elite member smears important forbidden knowledge like this for a living employed by ATS level infiltrators... hes quite eloquent as well so very well educated. I will keep making his job as hard as possible.
12 hours ago ·

Don't bother searching for it. He developed a "hit and git" strategy early on, and deletes stuff regularly so that it can't be found when he gets called on it. I've learned to archive his stuff before he disappears it, to keep a record. He fell through on the promise to make "my job as hard as possible", though. Sort of swelled my head with all that "elite", "elouquent", "educated" BS. I reckon I've done pretty good for a dumb-assed hillbilly. Fooled him, anyhow.

An example, again from Facebook, where he actually owns up to attacking Wordpress blogs, then trying to delete the evidence that he has done so:

Wayne Herschel I think the site is removed... ... Can anyone confirm... Then will remove this thread.
about an hour ago

I have argued the merits of his "research" with him at a Wordpress blog. He lost those arguments, Badly. So badly, in fact, that he organized a legion of "Light Warriors" to assault the owners of Wordpress, and have the blog taken down. He didn't want the whole planet to see his failure to deliver.

Not to worry. I backed up EVERY page and EVERY post before his Light Warrior assault had it's effect, I can e-mail those pages, all zipped up, to anyone that wants them. DCMB1409, formerly DCMB1490, another ATS member, started the blog. I was just along for the ride, and a wild ride it was!

Because of that assault, I went with a different tactic. I'm a guerrilla from way back. I know just what to do when faced with overwhelming odds. I put together a book on Mr Herschel and an associated hoaxer, James/Judy Faltskog/van Greunen (one and the same person). I then released the book into the wilds of the internet, and gave it a little time to spread before making a public announcement about it. There is a link in my signature to a copy of it archived at ATS. the original release point. It has become so widespread now that they will NEVER be able to eradicate it, as they did with the blog. Doesn't matter what they do, they can never recall it. even I can't recall it at this point, and that's just the way I meant for it to be.

Erase me ONCE, and you'd better never blink again.

Oh, they've put out YouTube videos about us, making all sorts of slanderous allegations. They've threatened ATS itself. They'll never win this fight. They picked on the wrong bunch.

the book delves into Wayne and Judy, their histories as hoaxers, and the ensuing fight when they released completely spurious information on Facebook, which soon made it's way to ATS, and promptly fell under investigation. That claim involved the hoaxing of an alien "signal" that was alleged to have been received by NASA in the UV part of the EM spectrum on a RADIO telescope. There are massive problems with that claim, but it's not the subject here - Wayne Herschel's hoaxing career is.

That hoax wasn't the first hoaxing bandwagon Wayne jumped on. In 2008, he promoted the Blossom Goodchild hoax, then quickly tried to distance himself from it when it didn't pan out, and he looked like a fool for promoting it.

He has a history of that sort of thing.

His entire spiel seems to be geared towards starting and promoting a new religion, called "Oneism" (tm) that he claims to be the new messiah of. That's where the Light Warrior assault enters the picture. the "Light Warriors" were (are) "Oneists", or what I prefer to refer to as "Wayneists", who were rallied 'round to protect their messiah in his hour of need.

Wayne fancies himself a "Symbologist", whatever that is. I've not been able to uncover any formal training he took in the field of "Symbology", but he says it like it's a real scientific discipline. In pursuit of that discipline, he takes (STEALS) the cultural tenets of other people's cultures, and "reinterprets" them. frequently with his own additions not found on the original artifacts, in order to make them conform to his own twisted notions of "sky gods".

An example is his "reinterpretation" of an alleged "Cherokee Sky map". It wasn't "Cherokee" at all, nor was it any sort of a "star map" Here is a link to my refutation of that alleged star map, which so far to date has not been answered.

Here is my answer to his "leg of the Bull" claims, also unanswered.

I'm outta space here. Might post more later.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Just a tad more on Wayne Herschel and his "ancient alien star maps".

Here is my categorical refutation of his "showpiece" work, the "Ra lands his flying saucer on the Sphinx papyrus". To date, that refutation has not been answered, as none of them have.

here is a link to every single post that Wayne made at ATS. Yup, he had an account here, which was still valid but remains inactive the last time I checked.

The last direct discussion I had with Wayne was on 9 and 10 September, 2010. The entire conversation is recorded for posterity on pages 332-351 of the book "The Hoax heard 'Round the World". It's not really that long - I tend to type big! Anyhow, he lost that debate so bad that he has never since had the testicular fortitude to engage me in conversation again. Matter of fact, I think his leg gets a little damp at the mere thought, since he won't even mention me by name any more. He has grand pronouncements (I quoted one of the nicer ones above) regarding me, but no direct mention. My favorite is his assertion that I, along with several other ATSers, are "paid disinfo agents for the Elites".

I'm still waiting on that paycheck. Langley assures me it's in the mail, but they've been saying that for several years now, and I'm beginning to wonder....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Human history as a whole is a mystery and one which may never even be sussed out. To simplify things though, is the ancient aliens theory any more absurd than a stupid book with commandments that people adhere to daily as truth??? I would say not, and personally I would put more of the truth elements in the ancient alien theory for the obvious reasons:

1. We know the galaxy exists.
2. We have no proof that god exists in the biblical form.

Ergo my reasoning

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Blue Shift

Are we so sure they didn't? Would we know about it if such a satellite was discovered? I think not.

Yeah, probably. There are a surprising number of geeky nerds sitting around outside with expensive telescopes every night looking up in the sky, trying to be the next Clyde Thombaugh and discover something that will make them famous. We'd know about it if it was up there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

The galaxy existing is not the same thing as ET existing. We don't have any irrefutable proof of that, either.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Assume there is a higher being. Assume that all that exists is him/her/it.

Okay, I'm with you so far. Reality or existence as a consciousness. Why not?

One day this being devides himself and all souls are created and the reality we live in gets born also in this big bang.

You lost me. Just how can something that is everything split itself into two things that are less than everything? Or more to the point... why? What could possibly motivate something that is already everything?

And why make your creations evolve through time when you could simply put them at the finish line and accomplish the same thing?

Time is the key here. That should give you a clue that it's not some "higher being" at work here, but us. The collective us.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

The galaxy existing is not the same thing as ET existing. We don't have any irrefutable proof of that, either.

Never said it was mate, but it's grounds for proof of something being there

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Blue Shift

Are we so sure they didn't? Would we know about it if such a satellite was discovered? I think not.

Yeah, probably. There are a surprising number of geeky nerds sitting around outside with expensive telescopes every night looking up in the sky, trying to be the next Clyde Thombaugh and discover something that will make them famous. We'd know about it if it was up there.

A good answer. But I think you missed my main point. Hypothetically speaking, of course. The key word is was.

What if our space program discovered a satellite orbiting earth in the 60's? And upon retrieval, assumed it was alien in origin. But after much study, discovered it was not only very ancient, but of terrestrial origin. The likelihood of the average person ever knowing about it, is nil.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For many years I've been trying to show people one of my space alien picture's taken in 1972, that could possibly show a laser holograph picture of a reptilian alien that I did not see when I took the pictures taken back in 1972 at Calvert Cliffs Maryland, USA. I did not see the Reptilian, nor did I see the helmeted alien hiding behind the rock in another picture taken seconds afterward. I have not put the Reptilian holograph on youTube; but you can check out: Space Alien hiding behind fossil rock on YouTube - located in the lower right hand corner of the photograph, with one of his legs and foot being visible, besides his face or helmet.

The image of the three clawed alien, depicts a cloudy substance coming from his palm, with his elbow resting on his knee while he is sitting down. The spiraling cloudy substance projects a distance from the Reptilian and displays another image.

This image, in my own opinion, depicts a biblical story about Jonah and the Whale, which I have been trying to show and explain too people for decades - That the ghostly Reptilian was trying to communicate the holographic image of that biblical story.

The holographic image.... Depicts a reptilian bird,[ pterosaur,] with the help of a T-REX, biting just behind the head of a whale, the still picture shows the whale with an open mouth, with Jonah, [ or a small image of a human,] a little bit away from the whales mouth. The image shows Jonah showing his arms raised above his head in surrender position.

Since I do not have satellite TV... my boss told me... that since I've been trying to convince him on my alien and Jonah and the Whale photograph; he told me that the show "Ancient Aliens" - Was going to have a show about space aliens and the Jonah and the Whale connection.

I was just wondering whether the Ancient Aliens have shown it on TV, and your opinion on the Biblical space alien connection about the Jonah and the Whale story.

Many thanks,

Erno86
edit on 29-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 29-9-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 29-9-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 29-9-2011 by Erno86 because: added "in my own opinion"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Let my post a theory.

I like your theory.

I believe Sleeper (former member here) stated a silimar, if not the same theory/concept. We are learning how to interact with each other before we can interact with other worlds.

Given what I see around me, we have a lot of learning to do. Many lifetimes of learning.

Your theory also explains "old souls".

-E2

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
All ancient civilizations had their Gods or Sky people.They were all far away from each others so i don't know how did they all had Gods and Sky people.

But they all had the sky to stare at, didn't they? And none of them knew the real explanation for what they were looking at, did they?

You know, nothing was on TV back in those days.

Harte

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm open to the idea of Ancient Aliens myself. However what I'm not down with is taking a snip of a papyrus with an odd looking symbol on it and calling it a UFO, or "Ship of Ra" as the photo in the article shows.

I spent a bit of time studying this papyrus so for the purpose of this post I'm just going to give a quick run-down on this particular aspect.

Wayne Herschel claims this image is proof that the God of Ra sailed down from the stars in this "flying ship", landed on the flat back of the Sphinx and founded a civilization.

Here is a more detailed version of the vignette:
Djedkhonsuiefankh funerary papyrus
(Apologies for the link, I'm having trouble uploading photos with the new upload system atm)

This is a vignette of a funerary text from from the Book of the Dead of the The High Priest Djedkhonsuiefankh and the "ancient UFO" is an ostrich feather ceremonial fan or flabellum (which were commonly associated with kingship, status, death/resurrection and religious ceremonies).

Fan portrayals were seen on funerary works and apparently also appeared on top certain beings - the "sphinx" in this case. So the "sphinx" in this depiction probably being solar-symbolic representing the rebirth and immortality of the deceased.

Take in context with other symbols on this papyrus, those being the "ba bird" (spirit) in his funerary barque being transferred to the heavens; the stele or in this case what could be a memorial slab; and the Goddesss Nut, as a personification of the Milky Way and as a funerary deity maybe also representing the sarcophagus or cradle or ladder for resurrection after death.

This is of course my amateur interpretation and whilst I'm not discounting the premise, the image put forth to support this Ancient Alien theory is imho ...
a fail

edit on 29/9/2011 by Netties Hermit because: ug - link problems too

edit on 29/9/2011 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join