It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans opting out of RNC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Maybe they are going to try to derail the election process with another 'terrorist' attack. They will probably blame it on ecoterrorism so they can start rounding up domestic US citizens this time. No sense wasting any more time invading another Muslim country, lets get US citzens in guantanamo THIS TIME.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I know that there were Demostrations at the DNC, but nothing like what I am hereing will occur at the RNC. This just shows which party is the party of Hate. It should show all independent voters who the real culprits are when it comes to smears and character assisinations. The vile being thrown around this board would make me run to the Republicans in a heartbeat. And yes, I am taking in account the Swifties. They would be doing the same thing to Kerry, if he were a Republican. They are against him, not the Democratic party.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I know that there were Demostrations at the DNC, but nothing like what I am hereing will occur at the RNC. This just shows which party is the party of Hate. It should show all independent voters who the real culprits are when it comes to smears and character assisinations. The vile being thrown around this board would make me run to the Republicans in a heartbeat. And yes, I am taking in account the Swifties. They would be doing the same thing to Kerry, if he were a Republican. They are against him, not the Democratic party.

lol... are you talking about the same republican party which called southern voters warning that their own John McCain was an evil catholic who would take his orders from the pope rather than the american people?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It won't surprise me at all if a "terrorist" attack happens at the RNC convention. The Bushies are in dire straights and need to do something. Their black ops cadre could easily pull something off and blame it on al CIAda. They'll do anything for the sympathy vote.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The FBI's infiltrating the protest movements, too. COINTELPRO is alive and well. (Anyone curious should do a google search on that term. You won't believe the crap you'll learn.) Agents provacateurs will probably be responsible for any mayhem that occurs within the ranks of the protestors.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
John Kerry Gets A Pass [Media Focuses Anger Towards SwiftVets]

By David Allen Jared
Aug 26, 2004

Has anyone else noticed the ANGER with which the news media is covering the Swiftboat Vets' ad issue? Chris Matthews' attack the other day on Michelle Malkin who had been asked to talk about the Swiftboat Vets' book "Unfit for Command" was only one, albiet glaring, example. Why should the news media and commentators be so angry about this issue? They get a story either way it goes, don't they? Do they have a dog in this hunt that we don't know about?

This has, so far, been a campaign full of surprises--not the least of which has been the virulence and venom coming out of the left-- literally HATEFUL speech, not just criticisms. I've noticed, for example, that the Kerry campaign does NOT send out any of that "band of brothers" supporting Kerry to confront the Swiftboat vets in debate. Instead, they send out John Podesta, James Carville, Lanny Davis and other, professional political operatives. So far, however, Mr. O'Neill seems to be holding his own fairly well; even against these pros. Also, the Kerry campaign isn't attempting to argue much against the SBVFT ads or charges in the book. Instead, they've concentrated their efforts in trying to dig up the dirt on those 264 men who comprise Kerry's strongest critics or trying to divert attention from the issue to blaming the ads on the Bush campaign--even though the President has repeatedly said that there is no connection between his re-election campaign and the Swiftboats group. He did acknowledge that one participant in the 2ND SBVFT ad had been listed as a volunteer advisor on veterans' issues, but that he'd been asked to divorce himself from the Bush campaign when it was discovered. This is in contrast to the Moveon.org media advisor who now holds that position in the Kerry campaign--apparently without criticism.

One thing has been VERY obvious in this whole issue. The SBVFT ads have NOT endorsed anyone for the Presidency. The Moveon.org groups ads have strongly endorsed Kerry. Now which group is "coordinating" its efforts again?

-------

Like I said, I am amazed that so many people do not open thier eyes to what is going on. This has been the Democratic theme for the last 10 years. Clinton won because he was a "Victim," Gore tried to be the "Victim" in Fla, now Kerry is playing the "Victim" card. I would hope that these Democratic protestors understand that they can be charged as terrorist if they do the things that have been reported via micheal moore's website.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
ECK, It would not surprize me that the FBI had infiltrated the protestors, but I'm willing to bet that they wont need the FBI prodding to get going. Micheal Moore and his ilk have shown to be very enthusatic in thier pursuit of Bush bashing and Republican hating. This is why I left the Democratic Party.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Correct on that last part! (sort of) The Party of Hate (neocons) would do the same thing to anyone (even a good Republican) like they did in 2000 to McCain.

As for the Waterloo of South Carolina, most of the facts are well-known, and among this group of Republicans, what happened has taken on the air of an unsolved crime, a cold case, with Karl Rove being the prime suspect. Bush loyalists, maybe working for the campaign, maybe just representing its interests, claimed in parking-lot handouts and telephone "push polls" and whisper campaigns that McCains wife, Cindy, was a drug addict, that McCain might be mentally unstable from his captivity in Vietnam, and that the senator had fathered a black child with a prostitute. Callers push-polled members of a South Carolina right-to-life organization and other groups, asking if the black baby might influence their vote. Now heres the twist, the part that drives McCain admirers insane to this very day: That last rumor took seed because the McCains had done an especially admirable thing. Years back theyd adopted a baby from a Mother Teresa orphanage in Bangladesh. Bridget, now eleven years old, waved along with the rest of the McCain brood from stages across the state, a dark-skinned child inadvertently providing a photo op for slander. The attacks were of a level and vitriol that even McCain, who was regularly beaten in captivity, could not ignore. He began to answer the slights, strayed off message about how he would lead the nation if he got the chance, and lost the war for South Carolina. Bush emerged from the showdown upright and victorious . . . and onward he marched.

www.j-bradford-delong.net...

Bush is the binding axis of evil in all these accounts. Swifties, push polls, whisper smear campaigns. I know the RNC did it's share of evil throughout the 90's but the holdout remains BUSH.

Party of hate indeed. How you get that it's the Democrats is just...well it's expected. Bush told you the Dems are the bad guys, right?

By the way, here's your "RNC love fest" protest at the DNC.

A whole page of pictures of Republican sentiment expressed at the DNC (on their own page) here: www.godhatesfags.com...

[edit on 27-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Rant, first off you are partisian and buy anything that the Democratic party puts out. I never claimed that the Republican party was lilly white. I just stated that since the early 90's, the Democratic party began to use hate, fear and victimization as a means to win elections. Republicans have take a page out of the Democratic play book and the Democrats don't like it. Rant will condemn all the democratic 527's? after all they have been demonizing Bush for the last two years. I honestly believe that the Democrats use hate, fear and Victimization because they can't win on issues. The Democratic core is far left. America does not like that, That's why the 1994 election was a referendum against that thought. It was only then that the Democrats decided to become more moderate. How many moderates were at the DNC? Not many. Look at your "Hollywood hero's" all left leaning and preaching hate against Bush.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
there's a major problem in america, permeated by news sources claiming to be "fair and balanced," which is that the people of the far right do not recognize themselves as being such. an observer from any other country in the world will tell you that america has no viable "true" left, only centrists and varying degrees of the right.

consider this: there are plenty of non-viable "far-left" parties separate from the democratic party which still manage to scrounge up a small but respectable portion of the vote each election. the libertarians, the reform party, the green party. these people get votes from people who generally feel the democratic party is not left-leaning enough for their issues.

now. look at the right. there are no right wing non-republican groups with the standing of, say, the libertarians or the greens in terms of shares of the vote. what does this tell you? the far right is perfectly happy with the republicans, because they made their bed with them in the last election. (the same phenomenon- of the right wooing the far-right for political gain- happened globally, in italy, spain, and austria, for example, as a counter to the 'new left' revolution).

when you look at the powers that be in the republican party today, the neocons, they actually are not really "right wing" in the traditional sense, but lobbyists for the pursuit of american corporate and national power and israeli security through the use of military force. they couldn't give the proverbial "flying rats ass" about Barry Goldwater *or* Ronald Reagan.

-koji K.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 27-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have absolutely no respect for the Republican party anymore. They are the biggest group of racists & homophobes I have ever witnessed. Life's stressful enuff without having to deal with a bunch of hateful, self-righteous hypocrits.

Their dirty tricks disgust me, too. Like the swift boat vets who wouldn't know the truth if it landed upside their heads. They're a disgrace to the uniform. Their own statements contradict themselves. If that's not the height of idiocy, I don't know what is. And you got people out there who are actually dumb enuff to buy into their crap.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
koji, the libertian party is neither left nor right, They are more right than republicans on some issues, but more left on others. The libertian party wants to abolish welfare, have everyone owns guns and a smaller government. please know what you are talking about. the libertian party is polar opposit to authoritian party.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Kind of makes me laugh.

For the first time in 150 years, the Republicans pick New York to have the National Convention.

Hmmm, I wonder if they are trying to tote out 9-11 in any weepy, patriotic tributes.

It's pathetic political whoring.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Rant, first off you are partisian and buy anything that the Democratic party puts out. I never claimed that the Republican party was lilly white. I just stated that since the early 90's, the Democratic party began to use hate, fear and victimization as a means to win elections. Republicans have take a page out of the Democratic play book and the Democrats don't like it. Rant will condemn all the democratic 527's? after all they have been demonizing Bush for the last two years. I honestly believe that the Democrats use hate, fear and Victimization because they can't win on issues. The Democratic core is far left. America does not like that, That's why the 1994 election was a referendum against that thought. It was only then that the Democrats decided to become more moderate. How many moderates were at the DNC? Not many. Look at your "Hollywood hero's" all left leaning and preaching hate against Bush.

I realize you don't know you're wrong. But you are.

And you won't be rewriting the 90's on my watch.

The 94 election was when the Gingrichism of bitter partisanship took hold in America as forged BY REPUBLICANS. What's this crap about the Dems did it? Who was on AM radio in the 90's? Who put out lists of what to call Dems where? Who "upped" the language of debate from issues to namecalling? What relevance does "Chealsea being the dog faced pet of the Clinton's" have to do with anything? Would you like me to post transcripts of Limabugh diatribes and examples of debasing Clinton from the era? Would it matter? Do I care?

I may be partisan, but I'm also right.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

koji, the libertian party is neither left nor right, They are more right than republicans on some issues, but more left on others. The libertian party wants to abolish welfare, have everyone owns guns and a smaller government. please know what you are talking about. the libertian party is polar opposit to authoritian party.

true. i still stand by the thrust of my statement, however.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I have absolutely no respect for the Republican party anymore. They are the biggest group of racists & homophobes I have ever witnessed. Life's stressful enuff without having to deal with a bunch of hateful, self-righteous hypocrits.

Their dirty tricks disgust me, too. Like the swift boat vets who wouldn't know the truth if it landed upside their heads. They're a disgrace to the uniform. Their own statements contradict themselves. If that's not the height of idiocy, I don't know what is. And you got people out there who are actually dumb enuff to buy into their crap.

ECK, I think you need to rethink your opinion on the swift boat vets, they are not alone, you should see all the different vetern groups that are against Kerry, Veterns agianst Kerry, POW/MIA's against Kerry, Special Forces Against Kerry, and the list goes on and on. are you saying that all these people are a disgrace. You sir, wrap the vetern flag around yourself and claim that all these guys are wrong. You hate Republicans yet you claim to be a Republican. You hate Vets, yet you claim to be one. you claim the Republicans are racist, homobopes, hateful, and hypocrits, yet you are the one that has spread a lot of hate here. You are the one who claims on thing and do another. how dare you claim that Republicans are racist, show me the proof, I can show you that first African-American to be Secretary of State as under a Republican administration, I can point out that more miniority i.e. other than white, have recieved higher jobs within our government via a Republican administration than any other. You are a hate monger. I was a Democrat, now I am a Republican. I know who I am, do you? stop hating republicans and be the democrat that you so obviously are. be proud that you are a democrat, I am proud that I am a republican. I disagree with a lot of things that go on within my party, but I will change things from within, not from the outside by claiming one thing and doing another. I know doubt that you love America, but you obviously hate certain Americans. I might not agree with Kerry, but I would fight for his right to say what he wants, It's ashame that he and you will not fight for the right of the swift boat vets to say what they want. What kind of America do you want? One that conforms to your standard?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Rant, the 94 election was about Hilary's health care system. It scared America, many thought that the Democrats were heading far left. your revisionist history might work on some, but it won't work on me. Gingrinch did not come into power until the 94 election with his contract with America. It was only then that Democrats launched Carvell and his attack dogs. You had a chance to have both the house, the senate and the whitehouse, but you lost it because America does not want to be at the far left. by the way, America does not want to be at the far right either, just ask Gingrinch. I liked the way y'all took him down, talk about smears. Ask Ken Starr what it's like to be the target of Democratic justice. I once was a Democrat, a true southern democrat, but my party left me and my beliefs behind. I could not stay in the party like Zell Miller. He is a great American who should be promoted within his party, but he won't because he has been villified. No wonder he will speaking at the RNC.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Rant, by the way I agree with you on Limbaugh, I don't like him, but you know what, I don't like james Carvell either. both sides have thier own toads.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dude, if you've got Gingrich and Ken Starr labeled as victims of the 90's in your head, you are way out of touch IMHO.

And for the record, I consider the Democratic Party the only mainstream moderate party in America that would even consider anything remotely bi-partisan.

You're obviously up on political labels as per your statements on Libertarians. You should know then that graphing politicians always plots Dems in the center of the grid.

Just because we have so many right wing nut jobs in office skewing the data, and partisan hacks massaging said data to make "Kerry the most liberal Sentator of record" doesn't make it true.

And if it is true, then that just tells me we need MUCH more liberal Senators. Labels like that don't mean squat except intrinsic fear factor.

Like Clinton says "When people think, Democrats win."

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If you want a good laugh out loud read list, here's a few:

Had Enough?
The Lies of George W. Bush
Shrub
The Way Things Ought To Be
See I Told You So
Dude Where's My Country

Just a partial list of both sides of extremism. I laughed out loud while reading all of them.

Never read only one side or stick to studying only one side.

I am a devout conservative, however, I really enjoy reading Democrat/Liberal media and press.

After all, to defeat one's enemy, one must know and understand one's enemy, and make no mistake, the liberal movement in this country that has invaded what was once a proud political system (invaded both mainstream parties) is the enemy. The Democrats aren't the enemy of the Republicans, and conversely, the Republicans are not the enemy of Democrats. The real debate is ideological between the conservative movement and the liberal movement.

See what you did? You made me make a political statement. I hate making political statements, gets my blood pressure up.

(now where's my cigarette?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join