It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France threatens military action against Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Total insanity.
Sometimes I think it would be best if Mankind did the rest of the Universe a favor and just snuffed himself. On the other hand, I wouldn't be opposed to snuffing out the psychopathic banksters and their minions - who've cause all of these problems. Then we might have a bit of peace, even if it is temporary.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Smack because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Interesting... in the unpleasant kind of way.

I wonder how this ties with the Franco-British military treaty.. that was one of the questions on the lips of those on both sides of the channel.. what if we get into X will those on the other side support us?

Tho.. I have to admit that I sadly felt the Franco-British actions in Libya where a live exercise..

I said to myself (and others) when the treaty was signed that it does not bode well for the world.. It didn't bode well in the past and it is not going to bode well now.

Edit rubbish English..
edit on 28/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not long ago i would have laughed this statement off myself. But France was pushing hard to get into Libya showed some French balls that have'nt been seen in a long time. It does'nt really matter what one think's of there military capabilities, if France is serious about there aggresive stance then there will be war. I find it highly unlikely that France would have to fight alone.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ellis1234

Sounds about right. Sarkozy and his travelling harem of nuclear salesmen don't want competition. Honestly just leave em be, and if the western power's projected fear of an attack comes true.. THEN go to war. Enough of this pre emptive BS

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sounds about right. Sarkozy and his travelling harem of nuclear salesmen don't want competition. Honestly just leave em be, and if the western power's projected fear of an attack comes true.. THEN go to war. Enough of this pre emptive BS

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by macman

Any idea what a nuclear powered aircraft carrier and 10 nuclear submarines are capable of doing to a nation?

Cmon you have a military styled avatar, you must be quite the enthusiast!

Iran essentialy can not defend itself from any 1st world nation without the threat of nuclear retaliation. Occupation of course is a different matter, but if France decided screw it, Iran would not last very long.

Both Frances navy and military have been very active in the last 20 years, so....they actualy have a good deal of experiance.

Easy there.
I did not state they sucked. I stated that in that the term was incorrect. Their navy is larger in displacement or weight.

And yes, I think if France grew a pair and actually committed to anything within a war, they have the equipment to do some damage.

Yeah, active in the role of a lap dog for the UN and Blue Helmets. But, not in the scope of large scale warfare.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Off topic: my apologies for the double and triple posting lately. I have been post banned for a south park reference but whatever. I cannot delete my doubles or edit. I'm sure a mod will notice this backdoor and fix it, and ban me or whatever. Good day all. Sorry for all the double doubles. 0/

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think they are more saying that Israel will do it, not France.

Yes, Sarko is a zionist lover, just like American presidents, but still.

Sarko got an election in April. I don't think he's gonna attack Iran... if he does, he can forget being president.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellis1234

It seems that the France risk a world war, if they indeed threaten, a military action against Iran this really sickens me to no end
i thought France would end its military imperialistics conquests, i guess i was wrong.

Do the France know they are stupid if they launch a war with iran?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Do the France know they are stupid if they launch a war with iran?

I dunno what would happen if a NATO nation surrendered errrmm uummm lost.
Would the rest of NATO be responsible to clean up their mess?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I think they are more saying that Israel will do it, not France.

Yes, Sarko is a zionist lover, just like American presidents, but still.

Do you hear yourself?

Seriously??

France threatens Iran and the first thing you do is drag Israel and the US into it.

pffft

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I posted this in WW3 section not realizing you have a thread going over here.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

France threatens Iran and the first thing you do is drag Israel and the US into it.

Pfft why you think France and the US want to bomb Iran? To protect their little friend Israel.

That and oil. So sorry, but yeah, the US and Israel are tied in any war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
why you think France want to bomb Iran?

I don't know why France wants to bomb Iran. It's a great question I'll avoid jumping to conclusions and take a wait and see approach

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
With Europe's and especially France's large Muslim population, war against Iran would be foolhardy. Islamic youth in France already riot at the drop of a hat; think what they would do if France had the audacity to declare war on a Muslim nation. Fifth column mean anything to you?

?????"audacity to declare war on a Muslim nation."?????

declare open season on Mulim extremests you mean.
ALL muslim extremests,,
as in " DELARED WAR '",,as in French Government,, "Declares War On Iran."
as in no more # from muslims,, in france declared,
as in Time For All True Frenchmen and Women,
who hold God and France Sacred.
Time too take back Mother France, ??

vivla, France,
vivla France,,Libre!!!!!

to quote from Char. Degual.
while in Quebec.

audacity??? who better than the French,,

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, ok. Let me look at this.................FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I believe that.

France wouldn't know what to do if found in such an engagement.

I am reminded of the old anecdote "Want to buy a French rifle. Never been shot and only dropped once".

But, seriously. If they do follow through with this, expect the UN and *Sigh* the US to be right behind them, pushing them back into the battle as they scurry away.

France.

OK get your point,but to be fair,the French have come a long long way from being the" cheese eating surrender monkeys" that we know and love! at least their military hardware would lead you to believe so,but I suppose the proof will be in the pudding,the hardware is only of any use if the operators are up to it after all!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

In the 1930's, before the reoccupation of the Rhineland, French military technology was superior to that of Germany. France had more tanks, and better tanks. That changed later, but the reason that the Germans rolled over the French was a doctrinal one. The way the Germans used their forces was superior to the way the French used what they had. France planned to re-fight WWI. Germany had other ideas.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, ok. Let me look at this.................FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I believe that.

France wouldn't know what to do if found in such an engagement.

I am reminded of the old anecdote "Want to buy a French rifle. Never been shot and only dropped once".

But, seriously. If they do follow through with this, expect the UN and *Sigh* the US to be right behind them, pushing them back into the battle as they scurry away.

France.

Erm... Let's put down your American textbook for a moment and consider France has 2000 + years experience of wars. People learn from defeat (and yes they have lost a lot) - but this is the 21st century. Don't forget it was the French who saved you Americans from us British!

Don't forget that France / Britain are now sharing weaponry and defensive tactics / equipment - and France also has a high conscription rate and a fairly high military expenditure. Don't forget the foreign legion either or the fact that France were the first to attack Libya.

France holds a lot more power than it did in the WWII era.

You'd be well to do some research before plonking a lot of exclamation marks (!) and smilies
across your post, if indeed you wish to be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It is typical RT journalist getting it all mixed up with a ridiculous headline. Western leaders have been saying for years that all options are on the cards in regards to Iran and its nuclear programme.

Read the following and then compare it to the RT interpretation with the sensationalist headline.

www.google.com...

TJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join