It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France threatens military action against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This news article caught my eye, seemed quite interesting.
France have threatened military action against Iran unless its stops continuing its nucleaur program.

"If we don't succeed today to reach a negotiation with the Iranians, there is a strong risk of military action,"

Seems to me like Iran has came up a lot in recent mainstream media and on here, wonder why?
What could this lead to? Another war against Iran? Only time will tell.

Your move Iran.

Source: rt.com...

Sorry wrong forum again. Move please.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Ellis1234 because: wrong forum

edit on 28-9-2011 by Ellis1234 because: source needed

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
France: "Well, we've been a few years without a land war in Asia..."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
France: "Our people are suffering from unemployment, let us reinvigorate our white flag production facilities by declaring war upon a superior foe. I wonder if the US taxpayer will rebuild our economy for a third time?"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Europe needs a big war to handle all them unemployed people, plenty of troops to throw at Iran there, and as a plus people will forget about the crashing euro.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellis1234

This news article needs a link to source....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Source.

rt.com...

Sorry, thought i added it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If France pulled anything on Iran it would hemorrhage from the inside like a stage 4 tumor.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
With Europe's and especially France's large Muslim population, war against Iran would be foolhardy. Islamic youth in France already riot at the drop of a hat; think what they would do if France had the audacity to declare war on a Muslim nation. Fifth column mean anything to you?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I admire France's spunk, but really?

Come on France, how many times have you bit off more than you can chew and need help.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's inevitable. As Nostradamus said, "27 years his war will last".
That takes us from 2001 to 2028.
The "War" has 17 years to go.
Pakistan is next, and will be attacked jointly by the US and India, bringing India into the slowly widening world war.
Then France, the US, and Israel will attack Iran. France has already joined the world war, beginning with Libya.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think France got pushed into this situation, but obviously played as much part. If the USA did this, there would be outrage and the reaction would be worse, in my opinion.

Maybe they are thinking war could solve the current economic climate?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, ok. Let me look at this.................FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I believe that.

France wouldn't know what to do if found in such an engagement.

I am reminded of the old anecdote "Want to buy a French rifle. Never been shot and only dropped once".

But, seriously. If they do follow through with this, expect the UN and *Sigh* the US to be right behind them, pushing them back into the battle as they scurry away.

France.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Cant see it happening, France generaly enjoys very good relations with Iran.

Oh and France has one of the largest navies in the world capable of wiping out a great number of nations, they also use Dassault's and are home to some of the largest weapons dealers on the planet. Not really sure how technologicaly advanced Iran actualy is, its doubtful they are anywhere near Frances level of military technology. I understand France takes a big hit in how people view them, but to be honest, France is a nuclear capable super state, and going to war with them would result in carnage.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
With Europe's and especially France's large Muslim population, war against Iran would be foolhardy. Islamic youth in France already riot at the drop of a hat; think what they would do if France had the audacity to declare war on a Muslim nation. Fifth column mean anything to you?

Well said,now all those who were mistified by World Goverment's immigration polices will know the real agenda hidden behind multi culturism.This was a deliberate trojan horse.The scenario you put forward is deliberate.It was never the fault of the immigrant's,who can blame someone for wanting a better life, all colonies including the United States were built on that promise.It was a political stratergy.Most immigration these day's are under the banner of refugee status.Yet we made these refugee's and enemies to begin with.

They are bitting of more than they can chew and will soon choke on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Cant see it happening, France generaly enjoys very good relations with Iran.

Oh and France has one of the largest navies in the world capable of wiping out a great number of nations, they also use Dassault's and are home to some of the largest weapons dealers on the planet. Not really sure how technologicaly advanced Iran actualy is, its doubtful they are anywhere near Frances level of military technology. I understand France takes a big hit in how people view them, but to be honest, France is a nuclear capable super state, and going to war with them would result in carnage.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

I think you read into the phrase that they are the largest, but did not take into account the formula was looking at in the terms of displacement.

From Wiki

The French Navy, officially the Marine nationale ("National Navy") and often called La Royale is the maritime arm of the French military[2]. It includes a full range of fighting vessels, from patrol boats to a nuclear powered aircraft carrier and 10 nuclear-powered submarines, four of which are capable of launching intercontinental ballistic missiles. The total displacement of the navy (2002) is approx. 490,000 tons,[3] making the French navy one of the largest in the world.

That does not imply they are the best with what they have, as they are not as battle tested over the last 30 years as say the US or UK.

But, I am sure they are a decent Navy. So long as they don't tuck tail and run.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
damn, i was going to say tht if a world war broke out there would be more women here for me, but damn, just realized that women would get drafted too

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, ok. Let me look at this.................FRANCE?!?!?!?!?!?!

^^^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

st.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
France's main problem is all their women have taken a bigger liking to the new muslims they let in their country.

And all the French boyz ain't got no girls. They'd be better off fighting the muslims in their own country....but they can't.

The French girlz won't let them.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Any idea what a nuclear powered aircraft carrier and 10 nuclear submarines are capable of doing to a nation?

Cmon you have a military styled avatar, you must be quite the enthusiast!

Iran essentialy can not defend itself from any 1st world nation without the threat of nuclear retaliation. Occupation of course is a different matter, but if France decided screw it, Iran would not last very long.

Both Frances navy and military have been very active in the last 20 years, so....they actualy have a good deal of experiance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join