It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have one more question about Taxes and Job Creation ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Do higher income taxes encourage investment­ in Job creation since the Owner of the Company wants to avoid higher taxes therefor he keeps the money inside his Company and spends it on Jobs and does not take the money out as income for himself can you any Republican refute or debunk this claim if this is false ? In my opinion Business Owners want to have a good standard of living and if they are taking home a smaller pay check why would they want to hire ?

“The simple truth is:

Lower Taxes increase profit taking.

Higher Taxes increase investment­.

Since only profits are taxed, a company, large or small, can easily reduce their taxes by reinvestin­g revenue to grow their business.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That would only be true if the owner never wanted to make a profit. If you are not in business to make income(ie profit), why are you in business? It is easier to be an employee if you just want income. Being an owner of a small business is a heck of a lot more work with crazier hours than being an employee.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Could not agree more. It takes a LOT to run a business. The employees work from 9 to 5, but the owner is endlessly involved unless he's sleeping at night. The constant strategy ideas, paying taxes quarterly, looking for ways to expand without going bankrupt, advertising, bringing in more business, paying benefits, it's a lot of stress. There is a fine line between the ratio of stress and profit. If you're not making more profit than you would if you simply had a 9 to 5 job, why would you want to continue to kill yourself to make it work? It takes a special kind of person to create that business, grow it, be able to hire and keep employees, and prosper.

The Government with all it's taxes and regulations makes it harder on that person. I have a small business and sometimes I wonder if it's worth the stress and paperwork. There are so many Government agencies you have to answer to, it just chokes all the fun out of it. You can avoid paying high taxes by investing in the business and buying equipment, but what about those who are happy with their size, have all the equipment they need? You either have to pay up or find ways to receive tax breaks. When you work hard to keep your business going or trying to keep your people employed and the Government comes in and asks for a big chunk of what you feel you earned, it will drive you crazy. It will drive you even more crazy when your employees start demanding more from you than you are able to give. Of course they have no clue what you have to go through to keep them employed, but whatever. It's not easy. Not every business is run by a "good" person, not every business owner is greedy, they're just trying to get the most out of their sacrifices, sweat and tears. Just my $.02.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

That is why I just work for myself. I will accept 1099 contract work from time to time, but generally just self employed since 2007. I have sub-contracted work when things got too busy but I will never hire an employee.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Tax cuts do not create jobs as it is a myth and already proven as such. More Americans have lost their jobs under this era then in any point througout our nations tedious and tumultuous history.

new topics

top topics

join