It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Storm Threatens Earth with Mass Chaos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Could this ALSO help explain the Sun's potentially deadly activity?

Is it that taboo to publicly speculate?

I mean, c'mon. They make announcements like this (which to me, is HUGE because I KNOW there's a huge body lurking in the midst) when their ratings are low it seems and there's never any follow-through.
And of course they are cognizant enough to emphasize "it's in the OUTER REACHES of our solar system" blah blah blah........so it's outta people's minds as well!

I don't know. Seems like a likely culprit to me.

and in 3, 2, 1......(am expecting Phage to drop in and debunk)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What that thing is real? can you link me the cnn site for that. sorry for the one liner

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Funny how were still here, i tell you what its a sad sad day when Fox cant even use brown people from another country to scare the crap out of people they have to use that giant yellow ball of sunshine and happy that floats about in the big blue shiny thing we call the sky.

They're busy dicing up Dr Ron Paul at the moment! Besides, don't worry! The threat of brown terrorists will soon be replaced with a brown dwarf star however the MSM will still blame 19 more Arabs!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
What that thing is real? can you link me the cnn site for that. sorry for the one liner

I hate to tell people what to do (I really do. seems arrogant but) you really should use your quote-option because others won't know who you're directing your question to

But seeing I am the only one posting, I take it you mean me, right?

Trust me, this is real. CNN did announce that I believe late last year. I'll find the original. Hang on.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

On Aug. 14, 2003, a large solar flare erupted. Shortly thereafter a large part of southern New Jersey was blacked out due to a blown transformer. The transformer blew because of currents generated in it by the flare.

There was no major solar flare on August 14,2003.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
There was no geomagnetic storm on August 14,2003.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Solar flares do not affect electrical grids. Geomagnetic storms can.
Geomagnetic storms are caused by CMEs, not solar flares.

Solar region 1302 has been decreasing in activity but there is still a low chance of it producing an X-class flare.

IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be low, with a chance for M-class during the period (28-30 September). There will also be a chance for an X-class flare.

A 25% chance.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 9/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
LOL

NiburuEleninX actualy got a mention, what the hell. I feel like ive been trolled somehow.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

I'm still searching for the origin broadcast but here it is in print though:

CNN
Scientists, telescope hunt massive hidden object in space
February 15, 2011

Some scientists think a brown dwarf or gas giant bigger than Jupiter could be at the outer reaches of the solar system. In this image showing relative size, the white object at the upper left edge represents the sun.
news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

LOL

NiburuEleninX actualy got a mention, what the hell. I feel like ive been trolled somehow.

Got mentioned?

Then YOU explain what's causing this? My guess is as good as a pencil pushing science-geeks' opinion only I think way outside the box.
As far I understand, no one knows, right?

It could be natural.
It could be something 'lurking in the outer reaches of the solar system' as CNN admits.

I guess we should call it Tyche from now on. Not Nibiru.
Nibiru, bad!

Tyche, good!!!

edit on 28-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

oops my bad sorry I im still a noob okay PLEASE cut me just a cm.. of slack.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That is why you honestly should be prepared for power outages i mean so a massive solar storm is on the verge of reeking havoc i believe earth has survive ones before otherwise we would not be on ats. if its because of the field around earth being depleted we should have respected her to sustain the gift she gives to us.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Oh i agree man, end of the day we pretty have have next no idea of whats even in our own solar system, so yip, chances are there may well be something similar in scale to a brown dwarf hanging around on the edges of our solar system sending all kinds of asteroids all over the place.

Heres the independant link

www.independent.co.uk...

But lets just remember, not quite yet found stellar anomalies in our solar system does not equate to end of days niburu reptiles coming to say hello in 2012, Thats where ill pretty much draw the line.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are you trying to tell me the internet lied to me?
Whatever happened on that day, CME or transformer overload due to heat,it's a good study on the effects of a large power outage and peoples reactions.
Not concerned with fear but the truth is hard to find.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

internet lie
omg why would they do something like that

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Last time I checked, the NY Daily News is an honorable newspaper. What I mean is, it's not considered a tabloid.
Now, THEY linked Planet X and Tyche together (only they're using the numerological 10 not the word ten) so why can't I?

So I don't see how this is a stretch at all on my part to consider that this 'thing/object' is causing our Sun and the electromagnet fields around Earth to act up lately.

Just because we never heard this happen before doesn't mean it can't.

Could space telescope WISE reveal Planet X?
Astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire hope so
Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 1:40 PM

Our solar system may soon consist of nine planets again.

Scientists say that lurking in the shadows of deep space, a gas giant is hiding beyond Pluto - which was demoted to a "dwarf planet" in 2006 - and orbiting our sun.

The claim, initially made 12 years ago, could get a big boost when data from the NASA space telescope, WISE (Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer), is released in April. At least, that's the hope of two astrophysicists - John Matese and Daniel Whitmire from the University of Louisiana - who first proposed the planet's existence.

"If it does, John and I will be doing cartwheels," Whitmire told England's The Independent. "And that's not easy at our age."

The pair published a paper in the February edition of the scientific journal Icarus, a publication by the American Astronomical Society's Division for Planetary Sciences, discussing their theorized planet.

Tyche, named for the Greek god of luck, is sometimes referred to as Planet X and believed to be hidden within the Oort Cloud, a theoretical collection of space debris such as comets that supposedly surrounds our solar system.

The theory holds that the mysterious planet would be about 375 times farther from the sun than Pluto. It would also likely be a gas giant with an atmosphere not unlike that of Jupiter and a temperature of around minus 99 degrees Fahrenheit.

"You'd also expect it to have moons," Whitmire said. "All the outer planets have them."

However, should WISE indicate a potential planet does exist within the Oort Cloud, that doesn't automatically mean our solar system will have a new sibling. That decision would come from the International Astronomical Union.

Among the issues to be considered would be how the planet formed, and if it was born along with the other planets or merely adopted from another system.
www.nydailynews.com...< br />

PS. We should bow our heads in a moment of silence for the end of the WISE telescope two days AFTER this article hit the stands. Apparently the newspapers didn't get NASA's memo on the unfortunate plan to end further transmission from WISE.
Now, let's all pray!

NASA Shuts Down Prolific Sky-Mapping Space Telescope
by Denise Chow, SPACE.com Staff Writer
Date: 17 February 2011 Time: 05:52 PM ET

www.space.com...

NOTHING suspicious here folks.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Did you miss this from your quote?

The claim, initially made 12 years ago, could get a big boost when data from the NASA space telescope, WISE (Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer), is released in April. At least, that's the hope of two astrophysicists - John Matese and Daniel Whitmire from the University of Louisiana - who first proposed the planet's existence.

WISE was shut down as scheduled. In fact it operated longer than originally scheduled.
It completed the full sky survey which it was designed for.

If Tyche does exist it should show up in the data which was collected. Apparently it didn't in the preliminary data release. Maybe it will in the final release.
wise2.ipac.caltech.edu...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh i agree man, end of the day we pretty have have next no idea of whats even in our own solar system, so yip, chances are there may well be something similar in scale to a brown dwarf hanging around on the edges of our solar system sending all kinds of asteroids all over the place.

Heres the independant link

www.independent.co.uk...

But lets just remember, not quite yet found stellar anomalies in our solar system does not equate to end of days niburu reptiles coming to say hello in 2012, Thats where ill pretty much draw the line.

And yup, wouldn't you know it?......when this information was made public on February 15th, 2011..... two days later, on February 17th, 2011 NASA announces the shut down of W.I.S.E.!

Talk about serendipitous Murphy's Law!
(and people wonder WHY I am like this!)

But let's promise: when and if they decide to abandon the ISS we won't connect ANY more dots, 'k?
No dot-connecting allowed until 2012!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here's the thing. I have an article saying WISE was launched in 2009

There are/were two WISE's

Where is THIS one?

NASA launches infrared telescope to scan entire sky:

December 14, 2009
By Brandon Griggs, CNN

NASA launched a new telescope into space on Monday to scan the cosmos for undiscovered objects, including asteroids and comets that might threaten Earth.

The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, spacecraft will employ an infrared camera to detect light- and heat-emitting objects that other orbiting telescopes, such as the Hubble, might miss.

WISE launched Monday at 9:09 a.m. ET aboard a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The launch was postponed from Friday because of a problem with the motion of a booster steering engine.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No. There was one WISE and it completed its mission.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Well someone is clearly mistaking or confused. It's either me, you or this article. So.....what prey-tale is this then?

NASA launches infrared telescope to scan entire sky
December 14 2009

NASA launched a new telescope into space on Monday to scan the cosmos for undiscovered objects, including asteroids and comets that might threaten Earth.

The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, spacecraft will employ an infrared camera to detect light- and heat-emitting objects that other orbiting telescopes, such as the Hubble, might miss.

WISE launched Monday at 9:09 a.m. ET aboard a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The launch was postponed from Friday because of a problem with the motion of a booster steering engine.

The unmanned WISE will spend the next nine months in orbit, 326 miles above the Earth, mapping the universe in infrared light. Its lens eventually will cover the whole sky 1½ times, snapping a picture every 11 seconds.

"The last time we mapped the whole sky at these particular infrared wavelengths was 26 years ago," said Edward "Ned" Wright of UCLA, the principal investigator of the mission. He was referring to WISE's predecessor, the Infrared Astronomical Satellite, which launched in 1983 and discovered six comets.
articles.cnn.com...:TECH

edit on 28-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Oh, I didn't realize my previous post was taken (I thought I lost it) so even after I show you an article stating WISE II was launched in 2009, you STILL say there was only one WISE?
Is that out of not being fully aware or just plain old loyalty?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join